• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine chip case that I love.. (1 Viewer)

I would be a bit concerned about picking up a set with the same logo as the religion of Islam, but good luck with that.

The crescent and star were used in European heraldry (flags and family crests), especially Germanic and Slavic origins (unrelated to Islam).

As symbols, they also predate Islam by thousands of years in the middle east and far east. Many devout muslims reject the crescent and star, seeing it as a pre-Islamic pagan symbol. That's why flags like the one ISIL made don't have the crescent and star - their flag is just Arabic text on a black banner.

I have no dog in the race, just still don't understand how a seller doing (whatever) to extract max value is often snubbed and bashed but buyers publicly doing (whatever) to keep the price down isn't.

No offense directly intended to the OP, these things just tend to irk me as they seem hypocritical.

I have no dog in the race, just still don't understand how a seller doing (whatever) to extract max value is often snubbed and bashed but buyers publicly doing (whatever) to keep the price down isn't.

No offense directly intended to the OP, these things just tend to irk me as they seem hypocritical.

I guess I was just feeling communal when I posted this. I see your point. Lesson learned.

I still want the box. Just not as much.

In fact, forget the box.

I hate boxes.

Last edited:
I'd guess the chips alone are worth $40+ if you had a buyer. If they were one of the three styles I collect, I would be enthused and sent you a PM. (I go for evening star/Star of David, ships wheel and liberty bell)

The 400 chip box is nice. The maker was smart not to go for a hinged top. Many of us don't have sets that would fit in such a box.

Go get'em sir -=- DrStrange

I'd guess the chips alone are worth $40+ if you had a buyer. If they were one of the three styles I collect, I would be enthused and sent you a PM. (I go for evening star/Star of David, ships wheel and liberty bell)

The 400 chip box is nice. The maker was smart not to go for a hinged top. Many of us don't have sets that would fit in such a box.

Go get'em sir -=- DrStrange

yes...my set is on the small side.

Grats! I think you got a really good deal.

PS If you decide to build on that set of Paranoid chips - the ones you have are some of the more common ones. It wouldn't be hard to make a set from eBay offerings.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom