Chip case recommendation (2 Viewers)

RF2010

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Just purchased 300 Atlantic club hot stamp (perhaps more in the future)...can anyone recommend a case? Or do people typically just use the plastic racks?

Btw, does anyone know the diameter of Atl Club H/S chip? I couldn't find it on their website...

Thanks in advance!
Ross

I’ve done chipco racks and been happy from Apachepokerchips.com. Also ordered a hard case from abcgiftsandawards.com. Someone around here is selling Matsui racks as well.

If it's just for storage and to transport from the shelf to the poker table, then I prefer having the chips in racks and the racks in bird cages.

Just purchased 300 Atlantic club hot stamp (perhaps more in the future)...can anyone recommend a case? Or do people typically just use the plastic racks?

Btw, does anyone know the diameter of Atl Club H/S chip? I couldn't find it on their website...

Thanks in advance!
Ross
Welcome to the site Ross! Nice to have you with us.

So you jumped in with some CPCs huh?!? That's fantastic! I've got some too, and they rock! Great chips. Durable. Pretty. Quality. Can't ask for more!

So if you want an opinion on racks, nothing will satisfy like the racks from @dennis63 over at Key West Supplies. They are a vendor here on the site. Trust me, no better rack for CPC, IMHO. Ive tried a few different kinds, but nothing holds barrels perfectly like Key West racks, with respect to CPC.

I use a "heavy duty" birdcage for my set, and I quite like it. I have no intention to ever travel with my chips. So I dont have Nanuks, pelicans, and such.

I store all my chips in a safe. :confused

15929691105642421961038368596929.jpg

Perfect fitment of CPC barrels..
15929692574812299639067212201240.jpg

They stack well too..
15929694172801724509433483178474.jpg

Last edited:
I recommend a Pelican Case if you are traveling frequently with your chips. It will allow you to take the chips in racks and use the racks when you get to your destination. There are plenty of how to threads within this message board.

At home I just use Paulson or Matsui cases and have my chips on a bookshelf.

For the chips I travel with to games outside my home I use Apache 4800 or Nanuk 910/920 cases. They hold between 400 - 1200 chips depending on the size of case and foam configuration. I also have a tournament set stored in a birdcage very similar to the one Jeevansluck shows above.

Discovered a new brand of chip case — branded Slowplay and fits 500 chips. They are on Amazon and bought 2 of them to give them a whirl.

Description from the Slowplay website:
  • CHIP CARRYING CASE: We’re re-defining what a good case should look like. The outer shell is made of German Bayer Polycarbonate material, crafted from one-piece injection molding, making it extremely durable. It also includes a custom aluminum alloy frame, zinc alloy lock, and large leather handle. The hand-made chip case features inner support, and PU leather packaging materials. Super portable with full-body black material.

comparisons vs Versa case which I also own / switching from
+ looks premium outside and inside, like a Rimowa carbonate luggage or a premium gun case :) more premium looking than Versa
+ great fit and finish, very sturdy construction eg handle looks strong and inspires confidence etc.
? Keeping an eye on latches especially with time. No locks but it does click into place
- chips stack 50 per row x 10 rows. Need 2-3 Brybelly spacers so they don’t move around. Probably a thin foam cover sheet will help too

Hope this helps fellow chippers shopping for non -tray transport options.Some pics below.

1225D5D3-0205-4F69-8AFA-0E7383762198.jpeg

1225D5D3-0205-4F69-8AFA-0E7383762198.jpeg

8F444663-DF9C-49D0-A9A0-D6F00A457D87.jpeg

AB99CB69-AFB5-420E-9D67-71D1F4EE5F90.jpeg

Last edited:
Discovered a new brand of chip case — branded Slowplay and fits 500 chips. They are on Amazon and bought 2 of them to give them a whirl.
+ looks premium outside and inside, like a gun case :) more premium looking than Versa
+ great fit and finish, very sturdy construction eg handle looks strong and inspires confidence etc.
? Keeping an eye on latches especially with time. No locks but it does click into place
- chips stack 50 per row x 10 rows. Need 2-3 Brybelly spacers so they don’t move around. Probably a thin foam cover sheet will help too

Hope this helps fellow chippers shopping for non -tray transport options.Some pics below.

View attachment 502034
View attachment 502034
View attachment 502035
View attachment 502037

Interesting. This appears to be a new company with ver modern designs to chips, cases, poker mats, and plastic cards. They have plastic card setups with an interring design for only $12 per setup.

https://www.slowplay.store/

How do the cases compare to a Versa?

Welcome to the site Ross! Nice to have you with us.

So you jumped in with some CPCs huh?!? That's fantastic! I've got some too, and they rock! Great chips. Durable. Pretty. Quality. Can't ask for more!

So if you want an opinion on racks, nothing will satisfy like the racks from @dennis63 over at Key West Supplies. They are a vendor here on the site. Trust me, no better rack for CPC, IMHO. Ive tried a few different kinds, but nothing holds barrels perfectly like Key West racks, with respect to CPC.

I use a "heavy duty" birdcage for my set, and I quite like it. I have no intention to ever travel with my chips. So I dont have Nanuks, pelicans, and such.

I store all my chips in a safe. :confused

View attachment 480463
Perfect fitment of CPC barrels..View attachment 480464
They stack well too..
View attachment 480467
Can you take a picture of the rack from the side, showing how the chips sit in the rack? (Emphasis on where the bottom of the chip is relative to the rack?)

I have some racks that are too narrow (diameter wise) and the chips sit too high.

Thanks in advance!
Ross
Welcome Ross, seems nobody answered that last part of your original question buddy, the O.D. of your new chips is 39mm. There are tons of case options. I prefer the Apache 3800 for your set up. It can carry up to 1000 chips but very tight... it has pull out foam like all the others and if you have a Harbor Frieght around you they are only $40!
20200725_144742.jpg

But my honest opinion for a small chip set would be the pleather cases offered by @Spinettis Gaming these cases are less than $20 and hold up to 525 chips! Very durable compared to the aluminum cases that flood the market.
20200409_183548.jpg

20200416_124449.jpg

Very compact and honestly amazing protection for your investment.

I would not recommend a bird cage as suggested above. While they are amazing for display and if your chips are just going to sit on the shelf and move to the table these work fine. They make them in a 600 capacity and 1,000 capacity. But not very safe for transport.

Hope this helps! Feel free to PM with any question any time!!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Can you take a picture of the rack from the side, showing how the chips sit in the rack? (Emphasis on where the bottom of the chip is relative to the rack?)

I have some racks that are too narrow (diameter wise) and the chips sit too high.
Hey man,

Let me know if you need better or different pics..

These racks are awesome!

15856139888007470445402956634444.jpg15856139541902783368240472836214.jpg15856138860625008144635171310176.jpg15856138664144034871676869545935.jpg

I was looking for a case to store 300 chips without accessories (decks, dealer buttons, etc) and couldn't find much in that size. There's plenty of options for 300 chips WITH accessories, or for other quantities, but very few options for what I actually wanted. If that's what you want as well, search Amazon for the "300 Capacity Poker Chip Case" from George & Company. They have a number of similar cases in that line, and this one appears to be the same as their "200 Capacity Poker Chip & Card Case" but with the space where the dividers for a couple of cards decks would go replaced with dividers for an extra two rows of chips. Don't confuse that one with the "300 Capacity Poker Chip & Card Case" - unless, of course, you want room for 300 chips plus the accessories.

These are faux leather cases, and I can't say they're particularly well-made, but I've had mine for all of a week now and I'm happy with it for its purpose. Each row actually holds about 53 chips, so about 318 in total. If you want exactly 300 chips in there you might want to plan on adding a couple of spacers per row.

Thanks. Here’s the view I’m looking for. Note how the LCrowns on left are almost a perfect fit, but the B mold on the right sits high? Curious what yours look like. (These are the CPC racks.)View attachment 502118

Here is a pic of my Key West rack with a barrel of AMold on the left and CSQ on the right..
15964771512501868137200245004260.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Here’s the view I’m looking for. Note how the LCrowns on left are almost a perfect fit, but the B mold on the right sits high? Curious what yours look like. (These are the CPC racks.)View attachment 502118

I'm having the same issue. I have the A mold and got the special racks from CPC but they sit too high (just like your B mold example on the right). I'm concerned it will leave a dent in the chips over time when stacked in my chip cage...

Would love to find a rack that fits better...

Welcome Ross, seems nobody answered that last part of your original question buddy, the O.D. of your new chips is 39mm. There are tons of case options. I prefer the Apache 3800 for your set up. It can carry up to 1000 chips but very tight... it has pull out foam like all the others and if you have a Harbor Frieght around you they are only $40!
View attachment 502057
But my honest opinion for a small chip set would be the pleather cases offered by @Spinettis Gaming these cases are less than $20 and hold up to 525 chips! Very durable compared to the aluminum cases that flood the market.
View attachment 502058
View attachment 502059
Very compact and honestly amazing protection for your investment.

I would not recommend a bird cage as suggested above. While they are amazing for display and if your chips are just going to sit on the shelf and move to the table these work fine. They make them in a 600 capacity and 1,000 capacity. But not very safe for transport.

Hope this helps! Feel free to PM with any question any time!!

Fellow Chipper Ben
Hey Ben what is the interior tray made of on that 525 spinetti case? Is it plastic? Is it textured?

Hey Ben what is the interior tray made of on that 525 spinetti case? Is it plastic? Is it textured?
There is no removable tray... they do fit both 39 and 43mm chips, it is just a textured plastic tray! I love the case for the price! Only negative is that they do not fully open... you kind of have to stretch the vinyl wrap on the lid and separate the Glue a little bit to get them to sit in the open position.

Ben

There is no removable tray... they do fit both 39 and 43mm chips, it is just a textured plastic tray! I love the case for the price! Only negative is that they do not fully open... you kind of have to stretch the vinyl wrap on the lid and separate the Glue a little bit to get them to sit in the open position.

Ben
Ah so it’s like not FELT but has that soft material covering the plastic?

is the plastic thick enough? I don’t like really thin plastic

Ah so it’s like not FELT but has that soft material covering the plastic?

is the plastic thick enough? I don’t like really thin plastic
The tray that holds the chips is just a plastic tray.... not very dense, just a normal plastic tray, no soft material covering it, the outer case material is a fake leather material. Inside the life is just soft foam. There is nothing overly special or impressive in a $20 poker chip case. If you are looking for trays, and a high grade case... I don't think this would be a great option.

Ben

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom