Chip case de Lux (1 Viewer)

Have not seen one in person, supposed to be solid wood and the price is high... But I suspect it's made in China, so quality is anyone's guess. Do you mean to transport chips in it, or is it just for storage / home use? I think for carrying valuable chips around, I'd want something sturdier, but the pickings are slim on this side of the pond.

Have not seen one in person, supposed to be solid wood and the price is high... But I suspect it's made in China, so quality is anyone's guess. Do you mean to transport chips in it, or is it just for storage / home use? I think for carrying valuable chips around, I'd want something sturdier, but the pickings are slim on this side of the pond.

Thanks @mipevi. I think exactly same, that it might be China quality..
I have my own custom made 500 pcs CPC set, and primary use for that case is storage and home use too, sometimes take away.
I have black wooden case, china price - china quality. It's ok, but now looking better one.

Browse on eBay. From time to time they sell old poker cases with carousel trays in good condition. I found one that was absolute beauty but quite expensive. But they can be reverse engineered. I found few persons on Facebook that could make such a case for lower price. If you need pics let me know.

Would be great if we could get a reasonably priced woodworker to do cases etc. for us in Europe.

Would be great if we could get a reasonably priced woodworker to do cases etc. for us in Europe.
Well I found some people on Facebook woodworking group. The prices vary from 100 to 250 usd. Frankly cheapest guy was so enthusiastic with 100 usd price that he made me worried

The thing with woodworking these days is that wood is so damn expensive. Add to that the time it takes to craft something and the price rapidly escalates beyond what most would be willing to pay.

The thing with woodworking these days is that wood is so damn expensive. Add to that the time it takes to craft something and the price rapidly escalates beyond what most would be willing to pay.
Well you know if something sounds to good to be true.....

Ideally we'd of course find someone in a country with a low average salary / cost of living. For example according to numbeo.com, Finland's average monthly net salary is €2290 and Bulgaria's €530. I wouldn't expect the prices of custom cases to vary that much, but should still be considerably cheaper to get something made in Bulgaria than Finland.

This is the case I have been talking about

Attachments

• s-l1600VFDO53C5.jpg
    s-l1600VFDO53C5.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 131
  • s-l1600TVRF4FQB.jpg
    s-l1600TVRF4FQB.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 128
  • s-l1600621VDTWJ3.jpg
    s-l1600621VDTWJ3.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 154
  • s-l16002.jpg
    s-l16002.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 110
  • s-l16001.jpg
    s-l16001.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 111
@surfik Really nice, I like a lot thanks. But there should be carrying handle/-s.
And thanks @Coyote but Outdoor cases are too much. And ugly as well, sorry ;)

@surfik Really nice, I like a lot thanks. But there should be carrying handle/-s.
And thanks @Coyote but Outdoor cases are too much. And ugly as well, sorry ;)
Sorry man, outdoor cases (other than being indeed ugly) are the ONLY solution for clay chips, the latter being both expensive AND sensitive.
Onlly outdoor cases provide protection against mis-handling / crashes, humidity and temperature variations. And all these factors can harm clay chips. They 're not plastics. Your money, of course.

Sorry man, outdoor cases (other than being indeed ugly) are the ONLY solution for clay chips, the latter being both expensive AND sensitive.
Onlly outdoor cases provide protection against mis-handling / crashes, humidity and temperature variations. And all these factors can harm clay chips. They 're not plastics. Your money, of course.
@Coyote You're probably right, but keeping chips in normal home temperature and only sometimes take away from home, at least my CPC:s are like new after 10 years. If something harm happens in next ten yrs, it's very good excuse to order new ones ;)

Sure, you know what's important for you.
I just realised lately that when I go away on vacations I don't leave the heating on, during winter, nor do I leave the AC on, during summer (even worse, here) :)

If it's not stable +21-23°c all the time, of course it's another story...
But better safe than sorry, you're right with that :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom