Chip breakdown (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hi!

I know there are tons of these sort of threads out there but mine is a little different imo.

My problem is that I want a cash set that fits the country that I live in's denomination.

That means that I am basically looking for a chip breakdown (prefer on the larger scale[more chips at the table, the more fun to my players]). The initial buy in seems to be 100-200 (in my currency)

Was thinking of either having blinds be 1/1 or 1/2 (but that can probably screw over the people that only buy in for 100. so maybe even .50/1?

Any help is appreciated!

1/1 seems reasonable so you don't need fracs and can spend your budget on the higher denoms.
If budget is not a concern, you could of course spring for the fracs and get another chip color on the table.

1/1 seems reasonable so you don't need fracs and can spend your budget on the higher denoms.
If budget is not a concern, you could of course spring for the fracs and get another chip color on the table.
Thank you. Will probably settle for 1/1 since that is easier to handle in our currency.

any reccomendation on chip breakdown for a single table 100-200 buy in? (I feel like the most people will play for is 250-300 total, meaning a bank of 3000, maybe 4000 to cover it)

You should always be prepared for a crazier night that might come around. Also think about inflation and what it might do to your stakes in 10 years. Usually it's harder to get matching add ons at a later time than when first building your set.
That is off course assuming that you're looking for a more permanent high quality/expensive set.

You should always be prepared for a crazier night that might come around. Also think about inflation and what it might do to your stakes in 10 years. Usually it's harder to get matching add ons at a later time than when first building your set.
That is off course assuming that you're looking for a more permanent high quality/expensive set.
For sure!

I think I am looking for china clays tbh. Not sure which ones I like more, I have a T25 Majestic set but I think I want something with a progressive edge pattern this time.

Another problem is that I live in EU so the availability is rather small here.

3 chips... 2 fancy chips for colorup. 3 chips you can essentially make them worth whatever you want. I use $25s as quarters.. $1s as $1s and $5s as $5s... and I have some 50/100 plaques for colorup. I’ve never had an issue. And if we want to have a crazier game I just use the $25s as actual $25s... 500-600 chip sets covers every game I’ve ever had. Which is at most 8 people. So that’s the only thing to consider.
C53A1D8B-3701-4234-AC5B-492648E15263.jpeg

566E73D7-22FD-411C-80A9-0BBA5736A1C0.jpeg

Last edited:
I think @Eriks or @Ainton could help you concerning availability of chips in Sweden.
Availability obv isn’t great. I would just try to find something I like in the classifieds. With a little luck you’ll find something within EU and won’t have to pay customs or too much in shipping. No US member I have bought from has had a problem with putting a lower value on the customs form though, but shipping is obviously quite expensive.

As for chip denominations that fit our currency. Is that really an issue? I don’t know of anyone who isn’t using ’swish’. I barely know what our bills look like anymore since we got the new ones :).

And like @OfficerLovejoy said, make sure you have enough chips to cover the odd crazy night as well as future proofing it. Depending on what chips you go with, adding on the set later may be an issue.

China clay are nice for the cost but most people here do upgrade after a while. So if you think you ’ll likely to fall down the rabbit hole down the road, I would just buy something premium right away.

Happy to assist with whatever question you might have. Just throw me a pm

100x 1u
200x 5u
200x 25u
80x 100u
20x 500u

600 chip breakdown, tried and true. People always recommend it.

Some fellas even do stuff like:

200x 1u
400x 5u
300x 25u
200x 100u
80x 500u
20x 1,000u

To each their own lol

A Swedish Krona set would be cool. Like four denominations: a 5, 10, 50 and a 200. @Gear labels on some blanks?

Last edited:
100x 1u
200x 5u
200x 25u
80x 100u
20x 500u

600 chip breakdown, tried and true. People always recommend it.

Some fellas even do stuff like:

200x 1u
400x 5u
300x 25u
200x 100u
80x 500u
20x 1,000u

To each their own lol
I have that exact 600 breakdown for my Norwegian kroner set. Made for 1/2, 5/5 or even 5/10. If you are more likely to be playing lower, like 1/1, 1/2 like you said, I would probably get something more heavy on the lower denoms, like:

200x 1
200x 5
80x 25
20 x 100

That's a little over 5000 total, which should be enough based on what you said.

And by the way playing 1/1 works well, and I would do that instead of .50/1.

That means that I am basically looking for a chip breakdown (prefer on the larger scale[more chips at the table, the more fun to my players]). The initial buy in seems to be 100-200 (in my currency)
We play 1kr/2kr. I have
1kr × 400
5 kr × 800
25 kr × [don't remember, I only bring out one rack (minus 1 barrel, see below) of which only a barrel or two get used.
100 kr × [I only bring out a barrel but have never needed any]

This is for two tables. If we're just 1 table I only use 200 of the 1kr.

100 × 1kr for one table might be enough, but I recommend 200. For the 5kr I would say 200 are a minimum for a table, try to stretch it to 300 (since you like lots of chips) and then every extra rack is just bonus!

Buy enough 25kr to cover your bank, so the amount needed depends on the number of 5kr. Buy 100 kr if you want to buy less 25kr.

Tl;dr: since you want lots of chips, buy at least 200 1kr and 300 5kr, add more 5kr if you can afford it!

Was thinking of either having blinds be 1/1 or 1/2 (but that can probably screw over the people that only buy in for 100. so maybe even .50/1?
I tried 0.50/1 with dice chips before buying my cash set, since I wanted to see how it played, if I needed to buy fracs. YMMV, but I hated it. You bet 12 kr, somone races to 26.............................and 50 cents!! FFS!?!? Just bet 27!!

So I prefer 1/1. Pet peave of mine... :)

Another problem is that I live in EU so the availability is rather small here.
The only solution is to open the wallet. For example, some semi-customs from @BR Pro Poker with "kr" instead of "$" would be cool!

Lycka till!!

@PsychoFeather, are there any particular chips you are interested in?
as of right now, not sure!

My mind is a bit torn on what to get both in terms of looks but also price. I talked to Erik and we basically concluded that I like bright colors but still a rather minimalistic design. But I am too much of a novice to know chip names to tell you a set I would want (other than aurora stars)

Let me know if you want to lend samples, I have some different China clays and ceramics.

Let me know if you want to lend samples, I have some different China clays and ceramics.
Would love to!

I own the majestic china clays for a tournament set(denoms 25-5000). Now I am more looking for a cash set as mentioned above!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom