China Clay Pharaoh Chips Racks (1 Viewer)

ktran

Flush
Reaction score
Hello, I currently have the brybelly acrylic chip racks that came with the acrylic carrier. The chips fit fine, but a little loose. I was wondering if anyone found chip racks that fit the China clay pharaoh chips better.

Solved, china clay pharaohs fit perfectly in paulson trays. Thinking about selling my brybelly trays now

Rather not depend on spacers, i got twenty trays. Might sell half and have a half and half

Hey @ktran I'm going to be in a similar situation to the one you described above (CC Pharaoh chips & Brybelly acrylic chip rack/carrier). Are you saying the thickness was an issue or that the diameter of the chips? If its the thickness I might go the chip spacer route. Thanks!

I bought Chip Co racks from Apache for my CC Pharaohs, but they don't fit perfectly.
They seem to be more for 38mm chips (not 39mm) and there's a gap at the end of the barrel.
Is that normal?

I bought Chip Co racks from Apache for my CC Pharaohs, but they don't fit perfectly.
They seem to be more for 38mm chips (not 39mm) and there's a gap at the end of the barrel.
Is that normal?

I'm not familiar with exact rack sizes. If Chipco racks are the same as Paulson racks, China Clays should fit perfectly. Also companies usually sell different racks. The more expensive trays should be the same size as Paulsons from my research here.

Yeah, Apache isn't specific about the size of the ChipCo's but they say they fit the Pharaohs.
But the width is more than 66.7mm and the barrel diameter is too narrow.
I'll attach photos.

Attachments

• 20200110_131413_LI (2).jpg
    20200110_131413_LI (2).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 20200110_131504_HDR_LI (2).jpg
    20200110_131504_HDR_LI (2).jpg
    102 KB · Views: 157
Yeah, Apache isn't specific about the size of the ChipCo's but they say they fit the Pharaohs.
But the width is more than 66.7mm and the barrel diameter is too narrow.
I'll attach photos.

Thanks for this, I was literally about to buy the chipco from Apache since it said 66.7mm. I guess I will cough up a few more bucks for the Paulson racks.

I ordered 2 Paul-sons from Apache, and they fit perfectly for the CC Pharaohs.

I'd love to chime in here now, since I have perused a few different style of racks, with mixed results and I've settled on a few that work.

Firstly, the cheap racks that come from China, are generally $1/rack or less, are infact ACTUAL garbage. If I even look at the rack hard enough, it will break. I actually first bought these, and thought they were the shit, until one cracked while I was simply handling it. To make it worst, nothing fits in these. I can nearly get 21 CPCs into them. Terrible. These racks are from China, but bear no markings as such.

Then there are the racks that actually say "made in China" on the bottom side. These racks are definitely thicker and more sturdy but still dont fit barrels of CPCs. After messing about with these racks, I decided to up my game.

I've got around 20 Chipco racks and about 10 Paul-Son racks. I love these racks. They hold minty Paulsons very snug. The more worn the chips are, the looser the barrel. I find these racks to be sturdy, visually pleasing, and they stack like bricks on eachother.

The Chinese made racks sway and don't stack up properly. I dislike this entirely. Stupid.

I then decided to start buying Matsui racks. These are different racks. Like comparing whisky and scotch. It can't be done.

For my CPCs collection/set, I sourced the racks from @dennis63 at Key West. If you are seeking a rack to house barrels of minty CPCs and the like, then get his racks. I just received my order last week, and I am absolutely thrilled about the results. They fit the CPCs like a glove and I cant believe I waited to so long for just some silly racks.

Ive also got 43mm racks (2). They have the suits on them. They are dam nice racks too. I dont know why I bought them, maybe for curiosity. I have a few 43mm chips but they are safer in Matsui.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom