China clay cleaning ? (1 Viewer)

mic

Two Pair
Reaction score
Just recently grabbed a cash set of majestic card room chips from Apache, 600 in total.

What’s the the best/safest way to clean them up they have that white chalky residue on them. I feel like putting them in a bowl of water and mineral oil would ruin the sticker. Anyone ever clean them that way and what are some other options ? Thanks in advance !

If they are new, a damp lint-free rag should do the trick. If you decide to oil them, a little dab goes a long way with a new chip. Think of it more as a wipe-off than a soaking.

Throw 20 chips at a time into a blender with some lime juice. No more white chalky residue.

Reactions: mic
I feel like putting them in a bowl of water and mineral oil would ruin the sticker.

Why don't you try that on just one or two and see why happens, *then* do the rest?

FWIW I have CC's (CPS tourneys) and I've done just that with no issues whatsoever.

Yeah I have a sample set I could use. Thanks

If they are new, a damp lint-free rag should do the trick. If you decide to oil them, a little dab goes a long way with a new chip. Think of it more as a wipe-off than a soaking.

That works. There may be faster ways to clean off the dust involving buckets and towels.

Just recently grabbed a cash set of majestic card room chips from Apache, 600 in total.

What’s the the best/safest way to clean them up they have that white chalky residue on them. I feel like putting them in a bowl of water and mineral oil would ruin the sticker. Anyone ever clean them that way and what are some other options ? Thanks in advance !
Just play them as is if you want. That residue will be gone in no time. Tell your players to not lick their fingers the first couple times, then see which idiot licks his fingers.

Maybe a little late, but I did the bowl of water + mineral oil on my set of 1,000 apache majestics, had no issues with any of the stickers or any discoloration. I followed the instructions on his website and had no issues (by the end I was using a little less oil then suggested, but YMMV). It was quick, and you only need to have the chips underwater for like 30 seconds, enough to swirl them around and get cleaned + coated. I did a rack at a time and was done within ~1 hour, although I did go back a couple days later and wipe a decent amount of excess oil off the chips.

https://www.apachepokerchips.com/blog/mineral-oil-poker-chips/

Maybe a little late, but I did the bowl of water + mineral oil on my set of 1,000 apache majestics, had no issues with any of the stickers or any discoloration. I followed the instructions on his website and had no issues (by the end I was using a little less oil then suggested, but YMMV). It was quick, and you only need to have the chips underwater for like 30 seconds, enough to swirl them around and get cleaned + coated. I did a rack at a time and was done within ~1 hour, although I did go back a couple days later and wipe a decent amount of excess oil off the chips.

https://www.apachepokerchips.com/blog/mineral-oil-poker-chips/
Yeah all good bud thanks for reaching out.

I got a mixing bow full of water and 2tsp mineral oil. Threw in 20 chips at a time for like 30-40 seconds took them out laid them in a paper towel and hand dried them with a microfiber cloth. They came out great

I did some labeled CC couple of drops of Dawn and hot water. Soaked maybe until the water was no longer hot hot, pulled them out one at a time and did a toothbrush to each side to relather the soap and rinsed.

Get a towel and make it wet, then put like 10 chips into it and rub them gentle. If you want you can also add a little drop of Oil into the wet towel. For me that works the best without scratching the chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom