SOLD China clay 8V Greek Key 1239 chips (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeWhoWouldPun

Straight
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Selling off the china clay 8V chips I put together with the intent of making a cash set. These have not been put into play since I purchased them. Selling them because I have watched other chips be banged around and I don't trust my players not to break these (my usual players are my young children and I have seen what they do with the ceramics I let them play with).

1239 chips. $250 USD shipped within United States. PPFF or you cover the percentage for PP. Sorry international chippers, I am busy/tired and don't want to research international shipping. I would prefer to keep them together but will contemplate a split if all accounted for at a split price of 25 cents/chip.

I collected a variety of these chips and shoe-horned them into what I thought would work from the nittiest group to a larger game. I fell down the chip rabbit hole and bought chips for unknown stakes since I have yet to play an actual real life hand of poker where money was involved (you know you have a chipping problem when...).

Chips are as they were when purchased from ABC and other users. Some of the whites have dark staining. Some of the pink are faded. They still retain their china clay smell. Racks not included (plus these are racks that fit only 19 chips to a barrel).

Color / my intended use / quantity:

Brown (.05) x 200
Pink (.25) x 200
White (1) x 300
Purple (5) x 400
Blue (20) x 100
Black (100) x 39

Total: 1239

Thanks for looking. Let me know if you have questions.

8V Cash 2.jpg

8V Cash 1.jpg

Are the white chips more white in person? They look more off-white or even almond-y.
They are not a true white when compared to the edge spots in the pink, blue, and black. They might have started as true white and aged into the color they currently are (and were sold as). I am not creative enough to fully articulate what color they truly are.

Are the white chips more white in person? They look more off-white or even almond-y.
Definitely not true white. Here's a pic next to a white Jack $1 and a Spirit mold china clay. Jack is definitely the most white, Spirit mold is close and the 8V has a slight tint of grey in it. But not too much as compared to an actual grey 8V chip.

I'll just say that 8Vs are possibly the best china clay chip ever made. They are VERY durable, much more so than my second favorite china clay, the Spirit mold. I have over 2,000 of these chips and I doubt I will ever sell them, even as I'm now putting together some Paulson chip sets. You won't ever be sorry you bought these, and there will always be a market if you want to sell later.

Another plus to 8Vs is they will take up to a 1 1/16th inch label. That's a 1 inch Avery label on the grey chip. Very inexpensive to DIY.

20211204_001406.jpg

Seems like there's potentially two different CC 8Vs, based on this:

All of the original spirit mold chips were produced by Eastony Industries. The "spirit" mold marking was their corporate logo, and described on their web site. The term 'Aurora' was later used to define a brand for that specific line of chips. They also produced the reverse-J style of Greek key mold china clays (Progen-80).

The cleaner-look reverse-L style Greek key mold was made by a different (and never-disclosed) Chinese manufacturer for Palm Gaming International (PGI), using PGI-supplied materials that theoretically created a better chip via better quality control (no recycled products). PGI referred to these solid-color and 4D14-spotted chips as Greek key chips, while one of their distributors called their own specific-label chip line 'Wallsons' using the 'Great Wall' mold. PGI later had 8V-spotted chips made as well, using the same manufacturer and process.

The original Dunes Commemorative, Desert Palms, and Pharaoh's Club china clay chips were imported by TheChipRoom, and presumably made by Eastony (but never confirmed by TCR). TCR also later had created and offered reverse-S (script) mold chips with an 8V spot pattern and no label.
[Emphasis mine.]

So @HeWhoWouldPun @TX_Golf_N_Poker @SeanGecko (or anyone else who might know), how can you which kind you have and what are the differences (if any)?

[Emphasis mine.]

So @HeWhoWouldPun @TX_Golf_N_Poker @SeanGecko (or anyone else who might know), how can you which kind you have and what are the differences (if any)?
These 8V chips are the ones with the Greek Key Mold - the first bolded line in Dave's post. I don't think I've ever seen the ones from the second bolded line with a revere-S (script) mold. And I have attempted to buy examples of every single china clay chip I've ever seen. It's kind of an obsession for me. ;)

If anyone has examples or even just pics of these chips, I'd love to see them. But not here. Let's not hijack this sales thread any more than we have already. Sorry @HeWhoWouldPun

[Emphasis mine.]

PGI 8Vs on the Greek key mold, TCR 8Vs on the scroll mold. Different colors in each line; fewer TCR chips were made. PGI materials were better originally, but dunno how either have held up over time.

These 8V chips are the ones with the Greek Key Mold - the first bolded line in Dave's post. I don't think I've ever seen the ones from the second bolded line with a revere-S (script) mold. And I have attempted to buy examples of every single china clay chip I've ever seen. It's kind of an obsession for me. ;)

If anyone has examples or even just pics of these chips, I'd love to see them. But not here. Let's not hijack this sales thread any more than we have already. Sorry @HeWhoWouldPun
Thanks for the response. I personally don't think it's hijacking the thread. If there was any appreciable difference between the different kinds, then knowing the difference and which ones these are helps a potential buyer like myself to make an informed decision. :)

Just found this in another thread:
ABC 8V's, CC 8V's, or the original PGI 8V's.
So there are 3 kinds? I thought all these 8Vs were CC?

PGI 8Vs on the Greek key mold, TCR 8Vs on the scroll mold. Different colors in each line; fewer TCR chips were made. PGI materials were better originally, but dunno how either have held up over time.
Thanks, not familiar yet with all the different molds, thought maybe Greek key mold and scroll molds were similar looking just different direction. Looked up what that mold actually looks like. I know now that obviously there'd be no confusion between the two.

Thanks for the response. I personally don't think it's hijacking the thread. If there was any appreciable difference between the different kinds, then knowing the difference and which ones these are helps a potential buyer like myself to make an informed decision. :)

No. Sean is just giving three different names that the chips he has sometimes go by.

I might have been doing a bit there...

Are these chips brittle or prone to "crumbling"?

Not that I'm aware.

And as far as the discussions above feeling like a derail...I don't think they are. If anything, you all are helping people make an informed decision and doing your best to talk me into keeping these.

@TheOffalo I have a 600 count set of these. I own majestics CC, play at a friends house regularly that has milanos, and have samples of other CC. The 8Vs are the closest to actual clay IMO. They stacks like bricks, sound and feel great. I don’t notice the CC smell with these as much as I do with majestics and especially milanos.

I bought mine straight from ABC and had them do labels. They turned out great and turn around time was super fast.
57980D7E-6EA3-4D92-8B4F-57B631CEFD31.jpeg

If the set is too big (or you changed your mind) I bet you could sell off what you don’t want/need pretty easily. And at this price they are a no brainer for anyone looking to get into chipping. Hell, I have 2 decent sized Paulson sets and this post has me contemplating buying them :)

GLSW! @HeWhoWouldPun

ABSOLUTELY NOT! That's why I said these are better than Spirit mold. Some of those are fragile. Some colors more than others. But 8Vs are VERY durable. They have slightly more rounded edges than Spirit mold, and I've never seen one with a flea bite. I'm sure it's possible, but it would take a lot to chip one of these.

Shoot. Literally was about to respond to thank everyone for answering my questions and say I’ll go ahead and take them and then my wife asked me to help her look for something for the last 5 minutes.

Good get @arch3r. I’ll backup on these. And thank you everyone for answering my questions!

Shoot. Literally was about to respond to thank everyone for answering my questions and say I’ll go ahead and take them and then my wife asked me to help her look for something for the last 5 minutes.

Good get @arch3r. I’ll backup on these. And thank you everyone for answering my questions!
I sus ur Wife called you on purpose at the right moment :cautious:

In a PM, I just offered @TheOffalo the chips if he wants them. I know what it's like to wait just a bit too long on pulling the trigger or getting distracted at just the wrong time. Plus, we can't let his wife win. Us chippers need to stick together. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ;)
Incredibly solid move @arch3r! Good chip karma coming your way for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom