Chill Flamingos (1 Viewer)

BluffaloBill

Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm working on putting together my first set of Paulsons and was lucky enough to buy some solids from @jpietrella and @TheWhat. Around the same time I stumbled on some Flamingo roulette chips that I fell in love with and bought a small sample set of. So I spent some time playing around with ideas and put together my first rough mockup of some inlays. It will be used as both a cash and tourney set. I've read the reasons that can be undesirable and am OK with it for these. Anyway... Here it is. Any/all feedback appreciated!

flamingo-set-mockup.png

The chips I plan to use. In need of varying amounts of cleaning, milling, and oiling. Just missing the whites, which will need to be right blend of used but still bright enough to fit in with the rest of the set. I also have some fuchsia chips that I was originally thinking would be the 5s but after comparing side by side I liked the hot pink better.

PXL_20221007_202123006_Cropped.jpg

And the chips that inspired the design.

flamingo-roulette-orange.jpg
flamingo-roulette-pink.jpg
flamingo-roulette-green.jpg

I'm thinking there will be one dealer button that is pretty close to the inlay design and another that is based on another similar style roulette chip. I like it less as an inlay but I think it might make a nice complimentary dealer button for the set.

s-l500 (7).jpg

This looks like a fun idea! I think you have a great start and I will be watching this thread.

With what you have, I don’t think you have an issue using this for both cash and tournament.

It looks like you have:

200 quarters

200 singles

200 fives

This gets you $1,250 for a small cash game and you wouldn’t even need to get the higher denominations out.

Any/all feedback appreciated!
First off, love the art!

I would personally swap the position of the denomination and the location, and curve the location along the bottom like on the "Reno, Nevada". I would also consider either color-matching the denomination with the chip color or going all red.

I would personally swap the position of the denomination and the location, and curve the location along the bottom like on the "Reno, Nevada".

Yeah, that's something I wanted to try as well. Just haven't figured out how to do it in the editor I'm using yet but I'll keep trying.

I would also consider either color-matching the denomination with the chip color or going all red.

Love the idea of color matching! I'll definitely try that out in the next iteration.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Received the missing pieces of the set today. One of the racks needs to take a trip through the ultrasonic but they should fit in great.

PXL_20221101_053409195.MP.jpg

And that gave me a good excuse to work on the inlay design a bit. Came up with two new options. The first was a suggestion from @Rieguy and the second was playing around to see if the location would fit somewhere around where "HILTON" was on the original inlays that inspired the design. Not sure which way I'm leaning right now. I'll have to see if any of the stick out to me after stepping away for a bit and coming back to them. I also plan to hire a designer to finish these off once I'm close and might wait to decide between them until I see each of them tweaked by someone with more design experience. I have a hunch they could all use some minor adjustments to font sizes/weights and vertical spacing.

flamingo-under-curved.png

flamingo-over-offset.png

Next I would like to play around with @Rieguy 's other suggestion of mixing up the inlay text colors (or going all black or all red), but I'm out of time for the evening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom