Chicago Joey Alleges Cheating/Fraud/Collusion at ACR (1 Viewer)

Still, that would enable them to give one of their people 9 starting stacks tops. An unfair head start, but quickly relativized as blinds and average stacks get bigger. Plus, if they're actually doing chip dumping like this, they lose 8 of 9 buy-ins immediately, betting all their invested money on just one horse. Seems quite risky to me at first glance, even if that one player is a good tournament player.

They don’t chip dump until after they hit the money. So no losses almost ever

Online poker has never been alluring to me, mostly because I just assume that somehow someone will always be cheating me. I’ll donk off my chips on my own. I don’t need a computer or a colluding team doing it for me.
This is one of two big reasons why I never played much online. Collusion is just too easy.
Also, I don't like giving up the information I get in a live game simply by paying attention.

I cut my teeth in online poker. Made some decent side income in my early and mid 20s. In fact, my transition from online poker to live poker was a real challenge for me. You can know what you need to do all you want, but telling another player a convincing story when they can look you in the face is a whole other matter.

I was really upset when Black Friday happened and I've wanted online poker to be legalized since then. However, even without cheating/collusion, the game is just stacked against the recreational/long term losing player. Making every table filled with rocks/grinders. I only used a HUD, never a script finder.

PokerTracker/HoldEm Manager: HUD software. For those unaware, it tracks hand histories of people you played with and displays the stats on your screen in a presentable format. It's all information you had access to in the first place, it just condenses it and shows you the stats with a real number. Stats such as VPIP (Voluntarily Put In Pot), AF (aggression factor, aka how often you're the aggressor in those hands) and your fold/call/bet/shove percentages on each street.

Seat scripts: This is a big one now. Imagine this. You're a long term losing/recreational player that likes to splash around a bit online just to have fun. Yet every time you sit down at a table, the same 2-3 guys are immediately sat down with you. You find it weird, so you change tables. Same thing.

Using hand histories in combination with tracking software and you can figure out exactly who the biggest fish are in your stakes level and set up seating scripts that automatically seat you at a table when anyone on your script list sits down.

These kill the game for the recreational player. He may not even realize what's going on, but he just knows he never wins and it's oddly to the same 3-4 screen names.

Phil Galfond is opening a poker room. It won't be legal in the states (obv) but I really like the concept for long term sustainability. No scripts, no tracking software, etc.

Everyone gets an avatar at the table that provides a visual representation of them. When you first sit at a table, the avatar is "normal" and as time passes for the session, the avatar (referred to as a dynamic avatar) will adjust based on the playing style. If they are a nit/rock/tight player, the avatar will sleep. If they are a loose maniac, the avatar looks crazy, or if they're losing it will be something to reflect tilt, etc.

I really hope Phil has success with his online card room and legislation changes in the US because I would love to give it a try.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom