Chessie's Cove (1 Viewer)

Oh my days, these are out if this world — perfect in every way.

Love the mold and, if I had to pick a favourite, it would be the frac or hundo.

That inlay design is just incredible; the way the ripples on the water have been used to showcase the denominations is just next level attention to detail. Hats off to you @Toby!

Hall. Of. Fame!

These are fantastic! The color combo on the $100 is awesome. However, the $1 is just so simple and so awesome. It's my favorite of the entire set. That's a bright white base used, right?
You nailed it, bright white base (with imperial blue edge spots)
Fantastic! Congrats. The set has a nice theme and an old school feel.

The $5 and $25 are my favs, but I love the frac as well. Is that a maroon base on the 5? So great to see a large crown set!

If there’ll be samples, I’d be in ;)
Yep, maroon base with DG pink and retro lavender spots

You nailed it, bright white base (with imperial blue edge spots)

Yep, maroon base with DG pink and retro lavender spots
Well that $1 looks like it had inspiration
ATM-chessie.jpg

Man what purdy chips!!

Great job Rick and Toby!! I appreciate your choice of mold and color palette. I really like Chessie’s face and smile. It reminds me a little of Pete’s Dragon.

I think it would be very apropos to say: may all your pots be “monsters”. Get it? See what I did there?

Congrats on a great set!!

Great job Rick and Toby!! I appreciate your choice of mold and color palette. I really like Chessie’s face and smile. It reminds me a little of Pete’s Dragon.

I think it would be very apropos to say: may all your pots be “monsters”. Get it? See what I did there?

Congrats on a great set!!
Thanks Paz haha

Great job. I love the theme. The frac instantly made me think of Notre Dame football. What a MASSIVE set!

EDIT: Don't forget to upload these to the ChipDB! :)

Last edited:
1 single hundo as a card capper, please.

Congrats on the new chips; they were worth the wait!

Love the ripple effect on the denomination (especially the 1)

I have been waiting to see what you did. Nice job.

Great set Rick! Completely ballin!! Can't decide which I like the best, although that $1 really pops. As others have said, the ripple effect for the denom is just incredible. I've heard Chessie occasionally wanders down to the Rehoboth area for a little vacay, so maybe there will be a sighting sometime soon down my way.

Great set Rick! Completely ballin!! Can't decide which I like the best, although that $1 really pops. As others have said, the ripple effect for the denom is just incredible. I've heard Chessie occasionally wanders down to the Rehoboth area for a little vacay, so maybe there will be a sighting sometime soon down my way.
Chessie does love the beach, so I hear

Congrats on a great set Rick, I especially love the $25 chip, fantastic color and spot combo. And maroon is one of my favorite base colors, it's got such deep rich tones, pics never do them justice.

Quick question for you - any issues with differential stack sizes between colors? They look dead on to me. If I ever do a custom cash set, I think L crown is my top choice, I've been drooling to do a set with them since the mold was re-born.

Fun side fact from the other side of the bay - they named the tunnel boring machine for the new CBBT tunnel Chessie :)
http://www.cbbt.com/tbmnamingcontest/

That is really cool.!

There was nothing super obvious about stack sizes being different, but of course I mashed them all together yesterday for a splash pot picture.

I'll probably stack them back up tonight or tomorrow, when I do I will take a closer look when I get home.

Spec-f'n-tacular! :tup:

Those $5s and $25s are my favorites of the set. The color combos and spots are great on those.

The theme is fantastic. Spent a few years when I was younger living outside DC, and would go to Baltimore with the family for weekend trips a couple times a year, so am familiar with the legend of Chessie from back then.

What a great tribute chip to an poorly under-represented local legend! May you win big with and enjoy many games with these beauties.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom