Chess Sets (2 Viewers)

Thanks for all the inspiration pics! I ended up with a Latvia replica set from Etsy and am loving it. I’m starting to think that one should have as many chess setups as chip sets. :)
I really like how thick the rook is and how how different the knight is from different sets. That's why I got a Latvian also

While on the top of Latvian set... I have been trying to get a full tournament size Latvian set (the variant with a cap on the Queen's top - see pic below) but so far all those on sale at Etsy are the smaller than 3.75 in version. :)

il_794xN.4483446697_rp6b.jpg

I just want the American Civil War set from the Franklin mint. Watching that commercial when I was younger - it’s a good thing I didn’t have a credit card.

My personal favorite set, but I don't even know who made it. I love that the queenside pieces are different from the king side pieces. The knights in this set are outstanding and have a lot of detail as well. I've only used it for a handful of games sadly. This was bought used on eBay about 25 years ago by my parents as a birthday gift. It showed up to the house caked it tobacco smoke and was hand cleaned. A few of the fragile parts (knight spear tip) came broken, but is sitting in the drawer. I've always meant to get it fixed up and display it, but the silver that oxidizes means I need to clean it often and I don't want to do that. Plus I don't have any idea who I could take this to to fix some of the small things.

View attachment 1072874View attachment 1072875View attachment 1072876View attachment 1072877View attachment 1072878View attachment 1072879
Never seen a set like this before. Really nice, how much do the pieces weigh?

Ok... ok... maybe just one more. :rolleyes:

A Ray Man replica modernism set - really just for display and because I like purdy things. Also kinda been obsessed with the design ever since I saw the original at the MOMA oh so many years ago. I'd probably pull a frontal lobe if I tried to play a game with it.

2023-04-21 14.12.02.jpg

Last edited:
It's not really pr0n-worthy, but picked up this ChessNut Air smartboard to play against the bots. Works pretty slick (with my iOS stuff anyhoo).

View attachment 1119565

Does this work with only their chess pieces - or it can be made to work with other chess pieces?

Tech-wise, this is a cool development for the chess market!!

Does this work with only their chess pieces - or it can be made to work with other chess pieces?

Tech-wise, this is a cool development for the chess market!!
They sell the little sensors that you can put in your own pieces.

Ok, Ok… just one more. ;)

A nice little travel setup with smaller Zagreb ‘59 pieces and a stackable board. For a smaller set, they did a nice job with detailing the horsie.

IMG_6274.jpeg

All joking aside, I see what looks like little neodimium magnets on the sides. Is this a small travel-size board that holds itself in place with said magnets? If so, genius!! :love:

(love those pieces too. :oops:) :tup::tup:
Yep - that’s exactly how it works. ‘The Stack’ shown above is a bit pricy but looks very nice and professional.

I got mine from a guy on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/listing/482086639/tower-series-maple-and-walnut-chess - so maybe it’s a little more homemade-y but working great for a travel set where it might get banged up a bit.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom