Cheers from Colorado (1 Viewer)

daniel1113

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hello. I'm Daniel, and I'm up north in Fort Collins. After a few years spent focusing on other things, I'm returning to my love for playing cards, chips, and poker. I dusted off my set of Chipco Archetypes and am now working on getting a proper table for the home. My search for a quality table (and the right craftsman to build it) is what brought me to the forum. This site has been a phenomenal resource for me as I piece together exactly what I want for my table. I've got it all planned out, and I'm panning on ordering it this week, so hopefully I'll have some pictures to share before long.

Until I can host a regular game of my own, I'm interested in joining any casual games going on in the Denver/Fort Collins I-25 corridor. So hopefully my fellow Coloradans have room for one more at the table!

That's it for now. I'm looking forward to uncovering more of what PCF has to offer and contributing back to the community where I can.

Welcome friend!! We definitely have soma amazing Colorado Members here... Not sure if attendance is full my my good Friend Mark @markleteenie has a game coming up if tournament play suits your fancy, with some absolutely awesome chips!! The forum is amazing but I also by dumb luck joined in a densely PCF populated area! The meet ups are amazing and Highly recommended SIr!!! Fellow Chipper Ben

Welcome, I lived in FoCo for a few years, that's a real nice spot! I'm now in Lakewood. There are lots of Denver area chippers, and we've had games going every weekend since the beginning of the year!
I do have a tournament coming up in a few weeks. It is currently full, but if you're interested in getting on the wait list, shoot me a PM, I'm going to be reconfirming attendance the week before. https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/denver-mardi-gras-masquerade-inaugural-tournament.51567/

Thanks for the tag @Ben8257 !

All of this conversation makes me want to move!! I have friends in Greeley, CO!! I have been out there a few times... always steal a car so I can drive to Estes State Park! Truly Gods country... hmm... Brie has never been out there.. road trip!!
Come on out! It would be great to play with your PCAs--I mean--you and Brie! ;)

Until I can host a regular game of my own, I'm interested in joining any casual games going on in the Denver/Fort Collins I-25 corridor. So hopefully my fellow Coloradans have room for one more at the table!

Welcome to the forum!

And as others have mentioned, there are many good hosts in the area. Feel free to check out my annual BBQ tourney this spring.

And if you need help building a table, let me know. I just finished my first build, and would be happy to give you any pointers while it's still fresh in my head.

Nice, more Colorado people. Welcome. Grew up in Ft. Collins.... much, much different place then than now. Hopefully we'll see you around.

All of this conversation makes me want to move!! I have friends in Greeley, CO!! I have been out there a few times... always steal a car so I can drive to Estes State Park! Truly Gods country... hmm... Brie has never been out there.. road trip!!
Come on out! It would be great to play with your PCAs--I mean--you and Brie! ;)
ROAD TRIPPPPP

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and introduction. I had no idea there was a heathy contingent of players along the front range. I wish I had known about this site back when I lived in Virginia and Florida before returning back home to Colorado. I'll have to make up for lost time now that I'm here :)

@markleteenie @pokerplayingpisces Thank you for the invites. Both of your tourneys look great. Unfortunately I won't be around those weekends. February is shaping up to be a busy month. But I'll be sure to look out for more games in the future.

@justsomedude Your May tourney also looks like a fun time, and I fully expect to be here that weekend. I'll check in on your tourney thread if I can make it!

@Ben8257 I was born and raised in Greeley. I don't come across too many people outside of the state that know about it. But I know it very well. It's a growing city with a small town spirit, so if your friends have been there for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if I know them.

@allforcharity Chanman is actually what brought me to the forum. I've been eyeing Tony's work for a few weeks now. Satisfied that he's the one to build my table in the style I want, I reached out to him this past weekend to get a quote. I'm working with him now on the details. It's going to be a 54" round walnut table with clean, simple lines. I expect to add my build to his queue this week. Then I'll settle in for the long wait... at least it will give me time to decide on a playing surface design and colors. The mind gets lost in the possibilities. I'm very excited to see what Tony puts together.

@allforcharity Chanman is actually what brought me to the forum. I've been eyeing Tony's work for a few weeks now. Satisfied that he's the one to build my table in the style I want, I reached out to him this past weekend to get a quote. I'm working with him now on the details. It's going to be a 54" round walnut table with clean, simple lines. I expect to add my build to his queue this week. Then I'll settle in for the long wait... at least it will give me time to decide on a playing surface design and colors. The mind gets lost in the possibilities. I'm very excited to see what Tony puts together.

Excellent! @T_Chan is in my part of town, and I've got two tables he's built for me, and by late spring we'll be looking at a third.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom