Checklist/Wishlist for Hosting (1 Viewer)

...sadly, that old age wise-crack is also why I still talk to the teller.

...and the teller is happy to give me ones, fives or whatever else I like.

You learn a lot when walking uphill in the snow.

I visit the teller regularly, and not by choice. The damn ATM won't convert $20s into $100s and it also won't spit out $100 - so before every game, I have to go in, wait in line, and get some random remark of why I am converting $2,000+ in $20s to $100s plus $200 in 10s, 5s, 1s. The struggle is real.

1571768626469.png

Players...
Players serious enough to observe rules and etiquette, but still not too serious, ie after just money and not the fun.
It's an eternal struggle.
Always recruit (vetted) candidates. Occasional disappointment guaranteed :D

The new Bank of America ATMs will give you almost any denomination. I’ve often gotten 100 in fives for change. I only go into the teller when I need 100 1s. I even used the ATM for a $10,000 withdrawal once just to try it It spat hundreds at me for days. Fun times.

FALSE. I haven't had a home game yet where we didn't get 2 tables of cash going once the first, and final tables broke. Although the suggestion of a third or table topper is fantastic, don't underestimate the power of degen.

How are your tourneys structured? Do you have any rebuys? Im looking to do a 2 table tourney but be down to 1 table and 1 of cash game within a couple hours.

Clearly I need to find more degen friends then. Mine all disappear...
Invite more couples or encourage ride share. It’s inevitable one of them busts out and has to wait till the end of the tourney, so why not play cash with the other partners that are waiting.

How are your tourneys structured? Do you have any rebuys? Im looking to do a 2 table tourney but be down to 1 table and 1 of cash game within a couple hours.
Yes - rebuys for the first 2.5 hours. Average of 7 per tourney. Add-on at the break. First table usually breaks an hour after the break and the cash game starts up.

That's on the high end (35%), which is in alignment with expections for a longer 2.5 hour re-buy window. :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom