Checking in from SoCal (1 Viewer)

PokerPlatypus

Reaction score
Hey, just dropping an intro thread here. I'm planning to get back into poker, etc. after many years off. I've never had good (or even well thought out) sets of poker chips before, and I think it might be time to learn what's out there. I realized after going to Vegas recently how much better their chips are than the cheapy ones I have laying around, and I think the playing experience is enhanced with good quality chips. Anyway, hope to look around and find out more about chips, denominations, and see what's offered for sale rather than just blindly googling chips. Basically I'm totally new to this rabbit hole. Thanks.

Hey, just dropping an intro thread here. I'm planning to get back into poker, etc. after many years off. I've never had good (or even well thought out) sets of poker chips before, and I think it might be time to learn what's out there. I realized after going to Vegas recently how much better their chips are than the cheapy ones I have laying around, and I think the playing experience is enhanced with good quality chips. Anyway, hope to look around and find out more about chips, denominations, and see what's offered for sale rather than just blindly googling chips. Basically I'm totally new to this rabbit hole. Thanks.
Hello and welcome to the forum …Paulson and TRK chips are at the top of my list when putting sets together . Take time to explore all the possibilities before settling in on one set ( or multiple sets ) .
What city are you in ????
I am in the San Diego area .
John

Hello and welcome to the forum …Paulson and TRK chips are at the top of my list when putting sets together . Take time to explore all the possibilities before settling in on one set ( or multiple sets ) .
What city are you in ????
I am in the San Diego area .
John
I'm near LA. I think eventually I might get two sets that could work for cash or tournament style games, but I want to make sure they're what I really want before I get that many chips. It seems like the main advice is 'get samples', which makes sense to me. The fact that you can't buy Paulsons or those TRKs directly anymore is pretty intimidating tbh since it seems like there's a lot of luck involved in finding what you want.

Welcome aboard.
Duckbill ?
The one and only

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom