Check out this new deck of cards! (1 Viewer)

Quad Johnson

Two Pair
Reaction score
Useless minimalism is useless... :eek:
91y2tVW.jpg

Terrible for those with poor vision as well. Can'e even rely on the pips to help identify the card.

Am I crazy for actually liking this deck? I am kind of OCD minimalist.

Minimalism is a nice thing, but you can overdo it.

Which is when the "oversimplification" (more fitting would be "overreduction") of something results in an actual decline of ease-of-use. This Dilbert comic comes to mind.
Here, the overreduction led to the removal of the symbol coding on each card. The brain is much faster to recognize symbols like spade, heart, diamond and club over their written-out names (the words must be read and made sense of where a symbol is immediately recognized by its shape), so this change makes the cards much harder to use. Same goes for the value labeling, which usually is just a single letter, which comes down to having the same properties as aforementioned symbols.

Minimalism is a nice thing, but you can overdo it.

Which is when the "oversimplification" (more fitting would be "overreduction") of something results in an actual decline of ease-of-use. This Dilbert comic comes to mind.
Here, the overreduction led to the removal of the symbol coding on each card. The brain is much faster to recognize symbols like spade, heart, diamond and club over their written-out names (the words must be read and made sense of where a symbol is immediately recognized by its shape), so this change makes the cards much harder to use. Same goes for the value labeling, which usually is just a single letter, which comes down to having the same properties as aforementioned symbols.

This is true. Makes me want a deck that has just two symbols on the card corners like "Ad" or "2s" with no pics or pips.

4 color suits would help too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom