Cheap ultrasonic cleaner(s) (1 Viewer)

I think there’s space in the market for smaller cleaners. I’d like one, because I hate cleaning chips by hand, but I’d never need to clean more than a couple hundred at a time.

That said, I have no recommendations. Good luck on your search!

Saw one in Aldi today (australia) for $29.
Looks like it would do a few hundred chips at a time.

This is probably the cheapest you'd want to go with:

Mophorn Ultrasonic Cleaner 3L Total 220W Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner Professional Stainless Steel Industrial Ultrasonic Cleaner Jewelry Cleaner with Heater Timer(3L) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078KNNS4G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LUUJCbQM60Y21

You definitely want a 3 liter tank though. It's the perfect size IMO. Works great with the salad basket. I bought a Hornady model which is supposedly a superior manufacturer, but I doubt these cheaper ones are much different. They're fairly simple machines.

Mophorn Ultrasonic Cleaner 3L Total 220W Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner Professional Stainless Steel Industrial Ultrasonic Cleaner Jewelry Cleaner with Heater Timer(3L) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078KNNS4G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LUUJCbQM60Y21

You definitely want a 3 liter tank though. It's the perfect size IMO. Works great with the salad basket. I bought a Hornady model which is supposedly a superior manufacturer, but I doubt these cheaper ones are much different. They're fairly simple machines.
I just ordered a 3L cus it was only one shipping to Hawaii with prime ever other unit refused to ship to Hawaii , it comes in this coming week I hope it will work good, I’m tired of scrubbing by hand

I just ordered a 3L cus it was only one shipping to Hawaii with prime ever other unit refused to ship to Hawaii , it comes in this coming week I hope it will work good, I’m tired of scrubbing by hand

It should work fine. If you don't mind doing 25-30 chips at a time, try not to raise the detergent solution volume to over 2L. Since you'll have the displacement from the salad spinner with lid, you don't want to be splashing everywhere when you spin. Always wear eye protection, gloves rated for chemicals, and I would consider a lab coat for that extra nerd factor. I use one!

It should work fine. If you don't mind doing 25-30 chips at a time, try not to raise the detergent solution volume to over 2L. Since you'll have the displacement from the salad spinner with lid, you don't want to be splashing everywhere when you spin. Always wear eye protection, gloves rated for chemicals, and I would consider a lab coat for that extra nerd factor. I use one!
Yeah I only will clean 500-600 chips every few months or so

Anyone have any experience with this one? Or better yet anyone have great results with an even cheaper unit? I’m about to take the US plunge!

Anyone have any experience with this one? Or better yet anyone have great results with an even cheaper unit? I’m about to take the US plunge!
I'm about to get the smaller on (1.3L) Let me know how yours does and I'll do the same.

I ended up with this one @TomJones . Works like a charm and is the best price I could find. Note I haven’t used the salad spinner method. Just stir them around with a wooden stick

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3L-Ult...Heater-w-Timer/113694408370?item=113694408370

I am having much appreciation for this thread as @Ben8257 and I have acquired lots of chips recently! Lol we have entertained the idea of an ultrasonic cleaner as we have been washing all our new chippies by hand

I ended up with this one @TomJones . Works like a charm and is the best price I could find. Note I haven’t used the salad spinner method. Just stir them around with a wooden stick

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3L-Ult...Heater-w-Timer/113694408370?item=113694408370

View attachment 305960
Wow, they look a lot better! I've tried the hand wash method and it's just way too time consuming for chippers like us. I'm excited to get mine next week and clean some I have been wanting to clean for a while.

I have used something similar to this one https://www.amazon.com/Industrial-L...T0XRTF0PKABP7GSDBPB7&qid=1562089172&s=gateway
And when you do only a few hundreds at a time replacing the water when it is really dirty it has worked well for me. I think the secret is not to put too many chips at once.
Also in the example below I went overboard on the soap thing... but as you can see that little cheap unit did a decent job
827E3469-9CF1-4464-B7D2-48AB5F8FC8FB.jpeg
E14BE06E-6CC6-41D1-B6B5-F152EF3D0992.jpeg
6AD42E32-F0AC-413F-A44E-48EA9B67E045.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought the ultrasonic cleaner at Harbor freight for like $60 after using the %25 off coupon on memorial day. Then bought cheap plastic baskets from the dollar store with some zip ties to lower it down into the bath and shake it a little. Bought the TSP cleaner on eBay. Cleaned 2000 roadhouse chips like a charm.

I bought the ultrasonic cleaner at Harbor freight for like $60 after using the %25 off coupon on memorial day. Then bought cheap plastic baskets from the dollar store with some zip ties to lower it down into the bath and shake it a little. Bought the TSP cleaner on eBay. Cleaned 2000 roadhouse chips like a charm.

Any photos? Was considering buying that one, but didn't want to be disappointed I didn't go with the same one everyone here buys.

Hate to drag this up from the dead but after the eBay scam link I started looking into one of these and now I'm thinking it's a good investment.

I don't need a gigantic one so something budget friendly would be nice.

Also is the salad spinner required? I guess the chips need to be agitated while they're being cleaned?

I read a bunch in the sticky thread but I still feel lost lol. Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah. I just used some plastic baskets from dollar store and tied 4 zip ties to lower it and shake it around. Used the tsp cleaner

I stir with an old chop stick. TSP is a must.

I feel silly for scrubbing with a toothbrush for so long. And I consider myself quite frugal (disregarding chip purchases :whistle: :whistling:) I have a 3 liter and it still works wonders. Clean about 10-15 chips at a time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom