Leonard

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Wal-Mart Mobile Side Table
Amazon Drink Holders
Two side tables for about $70 total

E66D5B4E-C495-44FB-8C13-7C0F6F1D6277_1_105_c.jpeg

Wow! Nice solution. I might have to do this as well. I'm working on a cup holder "delete" for my in rail cup holder system.

I was just about to post a new thread about cheap side tables / drink carts, and saw this so I figured I'd just add to it.

I bought these a couple of weeks ago, but just got the time to route out the cupholder holes today:
Furinno Turn-N-Tube Side Tables

The panels are only 1/2" MDF, so it's much lighter weight (and probably less durable) then the other option posted in here. So keep that in mind. But I just liked the 2 added horizontal panels for additional storage (phones, chargers, etc), which is why I went with these.

I'm a little bummed the price is now $32, as they were $26 when I ordered them. Weird.

I'll probably wait until they go back to $26 and snag a few more...

1580597312138.png

1580597339494.png

I was just about to post a new thread about cheap side tables / drink carts, and saw this so I figured I'd just add to it.

I bought these a couple of weeks ago, but just got the time to route out the cupholder holes today:

The panels are only 1/2" MDF, so it's much lighter weight (and probably less durable) then the other option posted in here. So keep that in mind. But I just liked the 2 added horizontal panels for additional storage (phones, chargers, etc), which is why I went with these.

I'm a little bummed the price is now $32, as they were $26 when I ordered them. Weird.

View attachment 401401

View attachment 401402
I like the color. Are the legs plastic or metal. That extra shelf is nice too. Is the table size really 12x20"? My current cheap tables are 16" square, and I think they are too big.

I like the color. Are the legs plastic or metal. That extra shelf is nice too. Is the table size really 12x20"? My current cheap tables are 16" square, and I think they are too big.

Legs are plastic. Dimensions are correct.12” wide by 19.5” long. And I think 24” high.

They are very light weight. I wouldn’t put more than drinks and phones on them. I definitely wouldn’t lean full body weight on them, or put a full birdcage of chips on them.

They are for drinks, and not much more.

View attachment 401401

View attachment 401402
Really easy to make. If you can make a table you churn these out no problem.

I love this thread. I don't put cupholders in the rail of my tables. My first two tables have swingout cupholders. Some people use them, some don't. Regardless, it's nice to have side tables for a snack plate. My current side tables are 16" square. I think they are too big. I ordered one of these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/C-Shaped...-Table-Laptop-Desk-Modern-Furniture/558611043.

Now that's cheap! I'm going to experiment with it at our next game. I'm thinking it might get used more because it's so small. It's only 8 1/2 x 12". Basically experimenting with the size, and not having wheels. I'd love to hear from others about what they think the perfect size is.

And... already back up to $34. Lame. :tdown:
So I actually picked these up from amazon. And found a couple of them from the ‘amazon warehouse’ seller for $18 shipped. They were in either ‘like new’ or ‘good’ condition. Can’t go wrong either way for 18 bucks. I bet if you keep a look out more will be available from there soon enough.

View attachment 401401

Looks like they are currently only available in all black.

Looks like they are currently only available in all black.

I noticed that. I’m guessing just another product affected by Chinese New Year / Coronavirus.

With everything going on right now it will probably be a few months before the gray is back in stock. :(

I like the extra shelf... good place for keys, or charging phones if you're near enough to an outlet and/or the table has a USB hub.

@Boother36 made some cool tables similar to these in his workshop. Tagging him so he can see the added shelf and maybe incorporate them into later plans.

The Furinno black/espresso has dropped to $22 on Amazon. Insanely cheap for a drink cart...

link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TGLQBST/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza?th=1

View attachment 406965
bumpin an old one to say i still grab these from time to time if there is a good deal in amazon warehouse. Just got a few but have to return one that was basically destroyed.

Don't mind if they are a little beat up though since I add in some cup holders and use left over table supplies top cover the top.

Attachments

• 307239868_608640970803082_5095695514357552128_n.jpg
    307239868_608640970803082_5095695514357552128_n.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 124
They are also currently ~$28 with or without casters, depending on color. I've been thinking about getting a couple. but I don't think I have quite enough space. Still might, just for the end seats.

1664218237047.png

View attachment 401401

View attachment 401402
What do we think about cup holder positioning on these? I'm going with jumbo without drain holes so moisture/drip to lower levels not an issue.

What do we think about cup holder positioning on these? I'm going with jumbo without drain holes so moisture/drip to lower levels not an issue.

View attachment 401401

View attachment 401402
For cup holder placement, do you prefer how you placed them on the left or right table in your top picture? We are about to assemble ours.

For cup holder placement, do you prefer how you placed them on the left or right table in your top picture? We are about to assemble ours.
I went with the cup holders towards the front so there's nothing obstructing the smaller shelf (cell phones, chargers, e-cigs, etc.)

They are also currently ~$28 with or without casters, depending on color. I've been thinking about getting a couple. but I don't think I have quite enough space. Still might, just for the end seats.

View attachment 994342
Casters or no casters? They look so light they’d probably be easy to move around. Lmk

Are you happy with these? These are still on sale around $19 each. Worth it?
I haven’t actually used them yet but I’m happy with them as of now. I’ll have a better opinion next Friday after our game but as of right now I think they’ll be fine for what I need.

They’re not the most solid or sturdy piece of furniture but for the price they’re hard to beat, they’ll just be holding a couple drinks and an ashtray or phone. I cut holes into the top and dropped a couple cup holders into each. We have been using folding tv trays which work fine but these look nicer and roll which is nice. I think for the price they’re worth it

In case anyone else is curious, I did buy these tables and used a 3 5/8 hole saw to install my 3.5” jumbo drop in cup holders.

The tables are what you would expect for less than $20 a table. They are plenty sturdy for the price and the locking wheels (2 out of the 4) seem to get the job done well enough.

My biggest gripe (and you can learn from my mistake) is that the veneer is so thin even painters tape will rip it off if you are not careful. I used painters tape over where I was going to drill the hole in an effort to prevent veneer tear out.

Well, the tape pulled off some veneer anyway so I would just recommend you either try without it or don’t let the tape go all the way to the edge of the table. Most of my veneer issues are on the edges of the table where the veneer meets the edge banding. It is just too flimsy and thin to stand up to much punishment. 2 out of the 5 ripped veneer even when I was trying to be very careful.

I plan to get a touch up marker and try that. Either way for less than $100 for 5 tables, I can’t really complain too much. You get what you pay for. Just take it easy and yours should be in better shape than mine.

IMG_8768.jpeg
IMG_8767.jpeg

My only gripe with these are my tops are warped in spots from drinks sweating that weren't in the cup holders because it's just particle board

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom