Cheap Monopoly Poker Set (1 Viewer)

ChipSkylark

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Built a super cheap set to be used in place of paper money for monopoly games. Used Monte Carlo Smooths from thepokerstore.com and it ended up being less than $100. Just curious if anyone else has done the same and what sets/breakdowns they used, mine is as follows:

301 chips total:
$1 - 50
$5 - 50
$10 - 50
$20 - 75
$50 - 25
$100- 25
$500 - 25
$1000 - 1

Attachments

• 20230329_160143.jpg
    20230329_160143.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 348
I agree with the OP, not every set you to be CPC or apaulson quality to be fun and usable.

I bought these as a traveller/give away/board game/child counter set. I have not played with paper $ since.

They are Straitpokersupplies "Prestige" value chips ,slugs with labels. The material is soft though and they stack/feel very nice. Somewhat of inexpensive a swiss army gaming set. My only gripe is that they say "texas hold em" on the border, I'd prefer no text.

20220601_094434.jpg

The day I got my paulsons I stopped using paper for monopoly. I'm looking forward to showing my nieces. The last game we played together was with the electronic version where everyone has a bank card. I have a few different monopoly sets. :) Did you see the monopoly set someone had made? Printed in the same style on ceramic chips. Very cool!

Just played mega monopoly with the family (but didn’t include the third dice). It was a blast. TOTAL MISSED OPPORTUNITY not using chips! Good to know. Booyah!

Haha what’s the monopoly bank denomination breakdown lol.

The day I got my paulsons I stopped using paper for monopoly. I'm looking forward to showing my nieces. The last game we played together was with the electronic version where everyone has a bank card. I have a few different monopoly sets. :) Did you see the monopoly set someone had made? Printed in the same style on ceramic chips. Very cool!
Hey, im not sure if I saw the set you were referring too but this on I found on pinterest looked super cool too

Lol thanks, only thing that sucks is on go having to carry both the game and the chips but still totally worth not taking 15 minutes to meticulously count out the paper money to start

Attachments

• 227dfbc16c80699ef0bcff0597c2c0af (1).jpg
    227dfbc16c80699ef0bcff0597c2c0af (1).jpg
    107 KB · Views: 138
While we're at it, why not houses and hotels chips too (find a way to integrate a monopoly-poker hybrid)

I love where your heads at for this one! (although I might be a bit biased). I've been working on something for a while, and I think it's 100% doable, and probably a hell of a lot of fun to boot!

I had some houses and hotels made about 10 years ago for a project I started working on. All the houses are going to be 3D printed suits. The 5th structure would complete the flush, so hotels are all toilets. Ten years later and I'm still laughing to myself about that one

Blacks.jpeg
Reds.jpeg
All.jpeg

I agree with the OP, not every set you to be CPC or apaulson quality to be fun and usable.

I bought these as a traveller/give away/board game/child counter set. I have not played with paper $ since.

They are Straitpokersupplies "Prestige" value chips ,slugs with labels. The material is soft though and they stack/feel very nice. Somewhat of inexpensive a swiss army gaming set. My only gripe is that they say "texas hold em" on the border, I'd prefer no text.

View attachment 1109252
@BGinGA Here's the answer to the question from earlier today. SOFT!!!! I may have to grab a set after I get samples

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom