Cheap label project for my cheap chips :) (1 Viewer)

CarlosStorm

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Months ago I started a project for a cheap cash set, this is the thread for more information (but it's not necessary to read it, of course)
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cheap-paulson-cash-set.73582/

I want an inexpensive relabel cash set, so I need cheap labels, and I can afford to pay for a good design, that's why I've tried to do one myself. I am not sure if the result is good :unsure: enough, but I like them because is a very personal theme.

When I was a kid, my father had a tiny piece of land where he grew some fruit trees and vegetables. He had a few vine trees and every year we made a couple of barrels of white wine. Not much, but I have good memories of those years. All my family went there to help him and stay together at the weekend. The name of the land is Vineyard, but in Spanish we say the more familiar 'La Viña' (n with a tilde)

For my labels, I've been inspired by the 'Vineyard' chips. The kind of letter is the same, and the grapes appear in a couple of chips. I've tried to do the best, but I'm not an artist. For sure a good designer will do a better job, but it was more expensive than the chips themselves!!!

I've never done a label, so I need your advice to improve a bit this design.

These are the labels. I want a common side for all the chips, and a personalized side for each of them:

La Viña mock up.png

Ahh, the tree I've tried to draw in the $5 chip is a fig tree...

And these are the chips with their labels, more or less in 'real size'
La Viña mock up with chip.png

Edit 1: New version!
La Viña mock up chip 1.png

Thanks!
Carlos

Last edited:
Would you prefer an RHC $1? Like maybe the HSI Sec 1a chips?

These look great. I love the common/custom concept. Are you printing them yourself or having them professionally printed?

they're fantastic! really really great job on the design, truly. so many bad inlay designs out there, this came out very nice.

I think they look great! I recently acquired a set of 2100 blank chips and have been thinking about trying to add something like this as well. Have you found a suitably sized decal, or what/how are you printing them with?

Would you prefer an RHC $1? Like maybe the HSI Sec 1a chips?
No, I already have the chips and I love the Jack Cincy $1 :love:.
But HSI Sec 1a had been a good option too.

Are you printing them yourself or having them professionally printed?
I'd love to print the labels myself, but I think I'll ask to Gear. But maybe I'll print a cut myself to test the labels with the real chips before.
great job on the design
Thank you very much. I've never done anything like that, I'm not sure about my skills. :)

Great design! The designs might be a little too busy so I would certainly recommend printing them at actual size to make sure you can see all the details.

I think they look great! I recently acquired a set of 2100 blank chips and have been thinking about trying to add something like this as well. Have you found a suitably sized decal, or what/how are you printing them with?
At the moment I haven't printed anything yet. I hope next week to buy some vinyl sheets to test this design. I think there is too much detail in some images, but prefer testing my current design.

Great design! The designs might be a little too busy so I would certainly recommend printing them at actual size to make sure you can see all the details.

Yes, I want to, although I don't know how to cut the stickers after printing them on vinyl. I want to ask Gear to print my final design, but prefer to test it before.

Thank you for your help!
Carlos

Me encanta tu tema! Estuve pensando sobre la misma tema, pero mi familia no tiene la historia...solo me gusta vino ;)

También, si no eres una artista, creo que debes pensar sobre cambiando tu trabajo!

Me encanta tu tema! Estuve pensando sobre la misma tema, pero mi familia no tiene la historia...solo me gusta vino ;)
Yes, I love them too (the story and the wine), but I Love most Cava (it's the Catalan champagne we made in Catalonia)

Your Spanish is great, I'm sure you like paella too ;)

También, si no eres una artista, creo que debes pensar sobre cambiando tu trabajo!
great job this is a great design

Thank you. I want to make it clear. I've used a lot of material as a reference for my design, I'm not able to do it with a blank sheet as a real artist does

I'm working on some simplification. I'll show some other versions soon.

This is a new version. I know it seems the same, but I've tried to make them clearer.
La Viña mock up chip 1.png

I'll print some labels next week.

Thanks,
Carlos

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom