Cheap Hotel on the Vegas Strip? (1 Viewer)

i used Lyft for everything that i did this last weekend, to and from airport, trip to Spinettis from Flamingo. Airport was $14 plus tip, Spinettis was $12 plus tip. Did not make it to freemont(should have just hopped down from spinettis but needed to make it back for group dinner)
I agree with @Poker Zombie that it would be cool to rent a car and do little side trips, i wonder if you could plan/time it correctly that you could either lyft/shuttle/uber to the rental car place for just a Day Rental to do one of those trips to the desert, hoover dam, grand canyon?
Some hotels have rental counters.

Rentals from the hotels are significantly more expensive than from McCarran.

I have used limo services for airport to hotel and back transfers, but used the return trip to go to the car rental place. The driver doesn't care, and it costs less than paying for parking if I'm not using the car on the front half of the trip.

Obviously, Uber/Lyft is cheaper, but we tend to get decent deals (~$100 roundtrip), and I hate waiting in lines after a long flight.

and I hate waiting in lines after a long flight.
For this reason alone I'll be staying at Bally's over The Flamingo. Spent an hour and a half in a line up to check in. Only to be told the room I booked 5 months in advance wasn't available. I had to argue and cause a scene to get the room we wanted.
When we went to Bally's they had 8 intake workers over the two the Flamingo had and there was no lineup. Seems a nice place, too.

Once upon a time, I rented in Vegas. Then one trip, I was running a bit late, got the car from Bally's valet and drove to the car rental return. Guy checking in the car says "looks like you need to fill out some claim forms", sure enough the passenger side had a big scratch from front fender down the door. Fortunately, I rented with AMEX so they paid the $500 deductible, Geico got the other few hundred, but I got shafted with a "loss of rental" (which they are not supposed to be able to charge in NV), so I settled it for $100 and told them I'd not rent from them again. So, uber, taxi, shuttle, or limo, but no more car rentals. Plus, it messes with my drinking time.

T

Uber/Lyft is just so convenient for getting around the strip area. Also as mentioned it doesn't matter how drunk you are. Renting only makes sense if you plan to get away from the strip and Fremont area.

Yeah, I used Lyft last time out there and I will never do anything but LYFT again in Vegas, it was so simple, quick and amazing!
I know there were several times in the past that I felt I got Long-hauled by taxis there and I'm so glad Lyft (and Uber, but I'll never use them...) got "let in" by the city/state...

My 2c...

Do not use Uber in Vegas. When we returned we had twice as many charges for Uber as we used. Almost $35 US in extra charges. We had them reversed but holy hell...
We used a transit day pass. The monorail is great but to be honest, the bus is quicker, cheaper and has far more stops.

My 2c...

Do not use Uber in Vegas. When we returned we had twice as many charges for Uber as we used. Almost $35 US in extra charges. We had them reversed but holy hell...
We used a transit day pass. The monorail is great but to be honest, the bus is quicker, cheaper and has far more stops.
I rode the bus in Vegas once, when I was in town to apply for a job.

I learned enough on that trip that I decided against turning in my job application.

Perhaps the Strip to Fremont bus is better, but... :wtf:

My 2c...

I use Uber when I am there and it is flawless. Using Uber in Vegas made me a hardcore Uber fan. It is the best.

I organised my car rental already from Australia and it’s only cost me the equivalent of about $400usd for 15 days rental.

I can’t beliece how cheap car rental is in the US

I organised my car rental already from Australia and it’s only cost me the equivalent of about $400usd for 15 days rental.
I can’t believe how cheap car rental is in the US

Be sure to take cell phone pictures all around the car; front, sides, rear, doors, windows, etc......BEFORE you even get into the car. That way if they come back with damage after the trip, you'll have the photos in case it was already there......I'm sure it will be ok, but this is just a CYA move.....

Be sure to take cell phone pictures all around the car; front, sides, rear, doors, windows, etc......BEFORE you even get into the car. That way if they come back with damage after the trip, you'll have the photos in case it was already there......I'm sure it will be ok, but this is just a CYA move.....
Good advice thanks, will do.

I’ve always felt like Treasure Island was one of the best values on the strip if you can get the TV rate. Centrally located and the rooms are nice!

I’ve always felt like Treasure Island was one of the best values on the strip if you can get the TV rate. Centrally located and the rooms are nice!

Not to be nit picky but I don't really consider TI to be centrally located. IMO the center of the strip is around Bella/PH/Aria/Flamingo kinda area. May not be a big deal but that walk can feel long in the hot sun!

Pack a small flashlight so you can take a good look for scratches and door dings. Have a pen handy and something to write on. Go back to the the downstairs desk to document anything you find lacking or ask for a different vehicle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom