Cheap Hotel on the Vegas Strip? (1 Viewer)

trigs

Flush
Reaction score
What's a cheap but still somewhat decent hotel on the strip? I've seen in the $80's per night for a couple places (Harrah's and Flamingo). I'm considering heading down beginning of July and I'm looking into the prices. Since I'm not going to be in the room much, I'm trying to save a little more if I can. Any suggestions?

I've always stayed at the Flamingo! One of the best touristy poker rooms on the strip, centrally located, and really cheap (usually get cheap to comped rooms).

Remember one thing. You’ll be there during the wsop. So places will be booked and prices will be higher than norm.

If you can, stay off strip or hook up with some group so you can get their rate.

Just checked and you’ll be there at the beginning of the main. Good luck with the search.
Edit - might be tough.

Just checked and you’ll be there at the beginning of the main. Good luck with the search.
Edit - might be tough.
Yeah, I figured that it'd be pretty full up around then. Still some available right now though.

Bally's is usually cheap....or whatever the old IP is called (The Linq?)...
During the WSOP I always book the Gold Coast.....but it's off the strip

Yeah, I figured that it'd be pretty full up around then. Still some available right now though.

Just in case you are not familiar with staying in Vegas all of the strip hotels now charge a resort fee. Flamingo's resort fee is increasing in 2019 from $30.00/night to $35.00/night.

So you need to be aware when shopping prices online or elsewhere. Some amazing prices like $40.00/night, by the time you add resort fees and tax will end up around $100.00/night.

EDIT: If you don't have a rewards card then sign up for one and try and book online using the rewards card. You can sometimes get good deals this way. There are pretty good deals just booking direct with many of the LV properties now.

Don't forget all the strip hotels hit you with extra fees. Resort fees run $35-$37 a day, so that $80 room... that's closer to $130 a day, after taxes.

The WSOP barely makes a difference in hotel traffic. Vegas is a place with over 150,000 hotel rooms available, and that does not include Air B&B rooms near and around the strip. Also, when they advertise a $80 room, you can be sure that is the rate during the week. Fridays see a steep increase, and Saturdays are bonkers with the pricing.

I've stayed in many different hotels on and off the strip, but when I'm being budget conscious with a strip destination, Bally's is my go-to.

Yeah, I looked at rates using my "Total Rewards" card and I had Ballys at $0/night for 5 out of 7 nights, the other 2 being weekend rates of ~$60 and the total was still adding up to $~600.............after daily fees/rates and "taxes" (presumably taxed on actual rates...?), anyway, it was funny to see: $0/$0/$0/$60/$60/$0/$0 = $628 total...........!

Just got back from the Flamingo today. really like the location. Paid like $550 for 4 nights, They jack em up for March Madness. As mentioned sign up for caesars rewards and charge everything to the room that you can like dinner at caesars properties to gain more reward points.
depends on what you find but i would really stick with the Planet Hollywood, Cromwell, Ballys, Flamingo, Linq, or Harrahs area.

Wife and I have stayed at Harrah's the past few times. Definitely avoid the "Mardi Gras" tower... it is their old rooms, not renovated... pretty terrible. Definitely worth the extra money to get their upgraded rooms.

Don't forget all the strip hotels hit you with extra fees. Resort fees run $35-$37 a day, so that $80 room... that's closer to $130 a day, after taxes.

The WSOP barely makes a difference in hotel traffic. Vegas is a place with over 150,000 hotel rooms available, and that does not include Air B&B rooms near and around the strip. Also, when they advertise a $80 room, you can be sure that is the rate during the week. Fridays see a steep increase, and Saturdays are bonkers with the pricing.

I've stayed in many different hotels on and off the strip, but when I'm being budget conscious with a strip destination, Bally's is my go-to.

And I think the last couple of years they started charging for parking. I haven’t gone to Vegas in a while.

And I think the last couple of years they started charging for parking. I haven’t gone to Vegas in a while.
Most do now (I think Treasure Island may still be free), but since the OP was from Canada, I thought it unlikely he'd have a car.

But if you do get a rental most strip hotels now charge $24-$30 per day.

Most do now (I think Treasure Island may still be free), but since the OP was from Canada, I thought it unlikely he'd have a car.

We normally always rent a car when we visit Vegas which we found affordable. Working it out it is a lot cheaper than cabbing and we also drive over to other places like Henderson.

I looked into this and apparently planet Hollywood and cosmopolitan don’t charge for parking. Luckily I’m staying at both.

I looked into this and apparently planet Hollywood and cosmopolitan don’t charge for parking. Luckily I’m staying at both.
Planet Hollywood actually charges $24 a day if you use the valet, but if you go around to the side, like you are going to the Miracle Mile shops, parking is free.

Thanks for the update about the Cosmo. Apparently as of Jan 1 2019, they dropped the parking fee ($15) for hotel guests. :tup:

We normally always rent a car when we visit Vegas which we found affordable. Working it out it is a lot cheaper than cabbing and we also drive over to other places like Henderson.
I fully support renting a car in Vegas. We frequently take side trips out to the different desert areas with a picnic dinner and a bottle of wine, and watch the stars come out. About 1 hour road trip results in fabulous star gazing.

Planet Hollywood actually charges $24 a day if you use the valet, but if you go around to the side, like you are going to the Miracle Mile shops, parking is free.

Thanks for the update about the Cosmo. Apparently as of Jan 1 2019, they dropped the parking fee ($15) for hotel guests. :tup:
No problem, I was looking into it when I booked it recently and was pleasantly surprised to see that it had recently changed.

At PH I will for sure be parking at the back near the mall. No way am I paying for valet parking.

I haven’t been to Vegas in 8+ years but if your staying on or close to the strip the best “secret” used to be getting rides from the limo drivers at the valets. Give them a $20 and they will (time permitting) give you a ride anywhere, within reason. Plus ask them what’s going on that night and they usually know more than most.

I used to love valet parking. "Free" valet. Free in quotes, because I would tip the valet $20 when I pulled in. Useful if you are just going for dinner or a short poker session, because they would keep your car up front. Valets are also great sources of local information, and they are more than willing to give up info to the guy handing him a $20.

Now the Corporate big-wigs decided they need that money more, and I can't afford $20 tips on top of $20 parking. Talking to a valet in Vegas, I learned that most of the good valets have left the hotels, and have started looking for work at other venues (event parking and hospitals).

Rent a car.....I always manage to find one for 21$ a day everything included. If you can't get one at the airport, Uber to budget or Hertz on East Sahara. Then you can stay downtown wicked cheap...Plaza/4q/D

I used to always rent a car. Now, with parking fees and constant strip gridlock, it makes no sense.
i used Lyft for everything that i did this last weekend, to and from airport, trip to Spinettis from Flamingo. Airport was $14 plus tip, Spinettis was $12 plus tip. Did not make it to freemont(should have just hopped down from spinettis but needed to make it back for group dinner)
I agree with @Poker Zombie that it would be cool to rent a car and do little side trips, i wonder if you could plan/time it correctly that you could either lyft/shuttle/uber to the rental car place for just a Day Rental to do one of those trips to the desert, hoover dam, grand canyon?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom