Wanted Cheap Birdcages Online? Or Groupbuy? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Windwalker 's prototype was also one-piece:

That was my first concern. Acrylic sheeting is about 15x stronger than glass, but due to discrepancies/cost cutting in manufacturing, they tend to be less shatter-resistant. 90% of the “acrylic” carriers are actually not true acrylic.

In our prototype of the carrier, we did 2 things to ensure durability: first, we molded the base and handle as one piece, so that there was no way for the base to break off from the weight. Second, we used a form of polycarbonate sheeting for the carrier cover, so it was much more impact resistant than acrylic. It adds a bit of weight, but will be about 5x more durable than real acrylic.

Let’s see! Fingers crossed.

Shipping might kill the cost but I see you can get them on alibababa for $8.90 each if you order 100

Shipping might kill the cost but I see you can get them on alibababa for $8.90 each if you order 100
I went to go take a look and found the infamous couch! We found Windwalkers secret source.... :cautious: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

1600783701421.png

I think the problem is shipping will run the price up to the point it wouldn’t be worth it.

If we could confirm that the "Windwalker Secret Source" ones were one piece handle & base, I'd be in for four at least.

I think the problem is shipping will run the price up to the point it wouldn’t be worth it.
Yeah that's been mentioned now. I mean I'm paying 100+ for birdcages from vendors here.

If we could scoop up 100 or couple 100 at $10 a pop from a trusted manufacturer and pay <$30 in total shipping per cage, I think it'd be worth it.

Anyways just due diligence! I messaged them, we'll see what they come back with. Either it might work, or I'll just go grab a couple $50 ones from Amazon and not carry/move them.
They have two different carriers pictured in the ad. Look at the handle. Sketchy! Not for me.
If we could confirm that the "Windwalker Secret Source" ones were one piece handle & base, I'd be in for four at least.
They're two different carriers. And I asked for pricing on every model/variant they have, although theirs are going to well exceed the $10, but also come in well under the $100 we'd pay for them elsewhere.

Ok I am going to reach out to the one I linked and get some more info

no luck so far, cheapest I have found is $30 for a carrier with 10 racks. that's without delivery 100 minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom