Cheap Birdcage Modification (1 Viewer)

atomiktoaster

Full House
Reaction score
I finished my second "mod" of a trademark 600 chip birdcage, creating a space underneath four racks of chips to hold cards, dealer buttons, seating chips, and change for cash games. I have to use the cheaper brybelly racks if I want them to fit, but it works out ok. I'm not sure I would trust the handles with 200 more chips. The two cages I've worked with have slightly different dimensions, but I made them both work. One has a felt lining, the other doesn't.

20150615_193515.jpg
20150615_193519.jpg
20150616_160514.jpg
20150616_160536.jpg
20150616_160619.jpg

Last edited:
Ive found I have had to mod these cases to fit in racks in the bottom. Had to cut and peel the fabric lining away from the sides and corners to allow the 68mm racks to sit easily into the bottom. Even with the removal they are really tight fitting.

nice trick though. thanks

If I took the wooden pieces out, I don't think the racks would fit. It really helps things out. I added some new pictures to the first post, and you can see the thicker rack will fit as long as it's on the top. I think it would be worth trying some shorter pieces with 600 chips in the case, no rack on top. Might make thinks easier to get in and out of the case, at least. 400 chips works for me for a single table though.

I used home depot poplar, a table saw to rip them to the right height, a router table with a straight bit to do the rabbet, and a miter saw. You could make it work with a subset of those tools, I'm sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom