Chateau de Noix table build thread (1 Viewer)

I no longer wonder why our postal service is going bankrupt.

I have been tracking my felt since Tony shipped it. It took some time to get through customs as expected. But then the unexpected - and it's downright flabbergasting. See, a while back the USPS decided that all international mail coming into the States would be collected as one of 5 International Service Centers after clearing border customs. The five ISCs are located around the country (Chicago, NYC, LA, San Francisco, and one other).

Tony sent the felt from Vancouver which is a 236 mile drive from here. After clearing customs it went to San Francisco. It then turned around and made its way back to Seattle. Then, it drove right past Wenatchee to Spokane, WA - I regional distribution center I suppose. I bet it will be here in another 2-3 days. All told, the felt will have travelled 2192 miles if it doesn't take any more detours. The carbon footprint for this thing is enormous. 10 times longer than the most direct route.

Tony, next time, I'll come and pick it up from your shop! :eek:

The finished product! Very happy how it came out. Thanks for all who helped with tips and build advice. J5 did a great job on the felt design and the Chanman cloth is really superb.

On to the pics:

IMG_2385.JPG
IMG_2380.JPG
IMG_2383.JPG
IMG_2382.JPG
IMG_2387.JPG
IMG_2386.JPG
IMG_2379.JPG
IMG_2381.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2384.JPG
    IMG_2384.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 111
It looks great Burt! I love the choice of color for the rail paired with the felt.

Yikes! Tell me about it. I once had a poker table go from Vancouver to Toronto, back to Calgary then to it's final destination of Nova Scotia. How does that make any sense?

Shipping via Canada Post / USPS is the most cost effective but can and up going the scenic route. With FedEx or UPS you're bound to incur some extra brokerage and handling charges.

Next time I'll build a catapult and send it your way.

Very nice looking table. The FDL deco nails really set it off along with the color scheme. After posting those pics you should have done a mic drop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom