Chateau de Noix, part deux, mockups (1 Viewer)

bivey

Full House
Reaction score
Love to get some feedback on these. I've played around a lot with colors and have had my share of fits. I actually like this iteration a lot and would really appreciate constructive criticism.

The artwork design has not started, but will feature a fluer de lis in the center, so I found something on the web to recreate the general idea. I went away from the FDL mold and do plan on using the CSQ.

I did rearrange this back in the standard order with the purple chip being the T25 and the last being T25k. (T25, 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 25000). I am intentionally avoiding traditional colors to mix things up a bit.

CdN2_july2.png

The set seems very dark with the exception of the high denom chip. Could use a lighter chip or two in the lower denoms

Reactions: BNM
I like the dark labels as it makes the set look sophisticated. Purple chip I think is my favorite from those mockups (blue with yellow is a close second). Don't like the red chip ......then again, I don't like any red chips (I wish standard red was something other than $5)

The set seems very dark with the exception of the high denom chip. Could use a lighter chip or two in the lower denoms

You think edge spots would do the trick or do the base colors need to be reworked?

It looks great. Loving the 500 and the 25k chip best. That high denom chip had to be inspired by the WSOP big one for one drop, right?

You think edge spots would do the trick or do the base colors need to be reworked?
Maybe someone else can chime in but I'm worried you will lose some of these in a splashed pot. Especially with charcoal and black both in there

I think you can get way with those colors if you moved a couple of chips around:
lavender T25
black T100
red T500
blue T1000
white T5000
charcoal T25K

Biggest problem I see is having the T100 and T5000 chips both in play (not likely with T100 and T25K). Swapping the red and blue chips is more of a personal preference, but it does separate the two white/red red/white chips in the lineup (which doesn't really mean much in actual play).

I'd go with at least one lighter spot on the T25 chip. The rest seem okay to me (provided you separate the black/charcoal chips).

Last edited:
Here's what I had in mind, plus a couple of alternate colors/spots:

bivey.png

DG peach breaks up some of that 'dark/red' moody look, I think. Played around with spot colors other than blue too, but always seemed to come back to this. If having both a blue and imperial blue chip doesn't bother you, it doesn't bother me..... I think they are sufficiently different.

Changing spots on the lavender T25 chip lightens up the set quite a bit, too.

Moving the charcoal back to 25k chip is where it started.
I mocked up some alternate T25 and T10k chips with BGinGA versions in there. The imperial blue/butterscotch/white trail is well tread, but for good reason.
CdN2purples.png
CdN210ks.png

Couple of new thoughts for the set. I was walking across my yard to look at some storm clouds this evening, I was grilling and was not looking forward to getting drenched. Passing our lavender, I stopped and admired the bumble bees on the plant. There might have been 10 of the critters floating around. The colors were striking enough for me to get curious about mocking them up. My pork chops burned. What can I say? I got excited.
CdN2BEE.png

FullSizeRender-3.jpg
The second one is supposed to look like a medal. Kinda a spin off the wine theme from CdN. Wineries are always letting you know about their medals and what not. It's certainly a departure from the norm. Might have to do something like this for a bounty, but could also be a great chip in the lineup.
CdN2medal.png

Love the T25K medal chip. I also like the new bumblebee lavender chip, but I think it clashes heavily with the blue/yellow/gold T500. Both are nice chips, but not in the same set.

The first two chips remind me of an old Blue Öyster Cult song. I'd probably change one or the other to avoid the mirror-image look.

I agree with BGinGA. The T100 is nice. The T500 is nice. But they aren't nice together.

CdN2_july8.png

Keep changing this around a bit. I'm okay with the black/ next to red/brown in this configuration because the T500 will be in very limited quantities, likely a single rack. Because I like the T25, 100, 500, 1000 set up better than T25, 100, 500, 2000, I don't need many T500. Usually 3 in a starting stack is plenty. I'd be okay with a complete redesign of the red chip though. The brown will likely clash with gray/pewter/anthracite background that is planned for the inlay.

Keep Medal chip for rebuy or show em chip.

Keep reworking things, just another iteration.
CdN2v2_2.png

Not at all set on colors of T25k in this mockup though.

Attachments

• CdN2v2_1.png
    CdN2v2_1.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 128
I like this iteration. My biggest concern though is the base color on the T100 and T1000 is too close

Mr. Tree, thank you. You're right. What to do, what to do? I'll keep working on it.

Still bugs me using pink 18 spots on both the black and charcoal chips. Any chance of you considering tiger orange or retro lavender instead on the hundo? I do like all of the new chips in the latest post....

as much as I liked the black +red/pink chip, it seemed to cause all kinds of problems. While I may go back to it, I changed direction a bit. Yes the T500 is borrowed from Olivia's Poker Hall $1 chip.

CdN2v2_9.png

Sooo I hate to be Negative Nancy, but...your T500 is black base. Your T5000 is dark green which is basically black base with a green tint. Your T25000 is charcoal which is one shade off of black base.

I think this set is destined to create problems in splashed pots and dirty stacks.

Also FWIW I was a fan of the black/red/pink chip

Sooo I hate to be Negative Nancy, but...your T500 is black base. Your T5000 is dark green which is basically black base with a green tint. Your T25000 is charcoal which is one shade off of black base.

I think this set is destined to create problems in splashed pots and dirty stacks.

Also FWIW I was a fan of the black/red/pink chip

Yup, I thought that too. I might wait until I have new samples in hand to see dark green again. I have no idea where my old ones went...

I don't like green chips anyway, so if I find a replacement there at T5000, some of those problems go away. I'm not worried about black and charcoal being in a pot together too often.

Appreciate the criticism. Even though I have plenty of experience in this area, I often fail to see what others see. I certainly have a bias against certain colors and this has limited my vision if you will.

bivey,

Definitely get a new colour sample set. I just received mine, and a lot of colours have slight changes to them in my eyes. Has me revisiting options for chipsets that I don't need.

Mike

bivey,

Definitely get a new colour sample set. I just received mine, and a lot of colours have slight changes to them in my eyes. Has me revisiting options for chipsets that I don't need.

Mike
Si señor, they got here yesterday. Love the new tiger!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom