Charity game for fires ideas (1 Viewer)

stocky

Full House
Reaction score
Hello hello

My mates and I are organising a charity game with proceeds going towards local football club on Kangaroo Island that lost everything. Need some advice though.

Planning on 50% split for original buy in towards charity and prizepool. Does this sound ok? Too high or low?

All rebuys and add ons 100% to charity. These will be cheaper than the original buy in. We are hoping for lots of action with cheap rebuys to maximise the donation. Does this sound right?

Anything we need to keep in mind?

Cheers
Paul

I’ve played in a few that were 50/50 and all rebuys/add ons went to the charity so you’re definitely not far off no matter what. I don’t think @slisk250 idea is bad either.

One of the ones I played in the guy that won donated his percentage to the charity as well, I thought that was a very cool move on his part.

Maybe see if you can get some businesses to donate prizes that you can award to players as well. Whether those prizes are for top finishers, first bustout, highest hand, etc.

I have run several. We usually do 75/25 of buy-ins, re-buys (and add-ons if you use them). Our buy-ins and re-buys are $100. We also run a couple of promotions during the tourney. 100% of the promotion cash goes to the charity.

FYI, We generally start with a T10,000 stating stack.

1. Put (1) T5,000 and (9) T1,000 chips in a bucket. Stop the clock and let players reach in the bucket and draw two chips for $10. At $10, they are getting at least T2,000 which is a 50% discount of on the chips, considering their buy-in and re-buys cost $10/T1,000. I will do this two times, the first about half-way through the re-buy period and a second time just a minute or two before the end of re-buys. After each draw, replenish the chips in the bucket, maintaining the 9-1 ratio of T1,000 to T5,000 chips. Remember, you can be generous here as it costs you nothing and everything goes to the charity.

2. Stop the clock and auction off a T5,000 chip. I will do this two or three times, depending on how successful the auction is. The last auction should be just before the end of re-buys. If there is active bidding and you get a good price, offer the same price to everyone else that wants to buy one. I want to get a minimum of $25 for the T5,000 or I will not offer it again.

Remember, IT'S FOR CHARITY! Point is to make it fun. Since this is for charity, no one has ever objected to the extra chips coming in to play.

Our last charity event raised $2,100 for the charity. It was awesome!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom