Chanman Custom felt (1 Viewer)

Marhault

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
So @T_Chan is working on a custom felt for me. I'm a huge Notre Dame fan so I for sure want a ND theme. He's come up with a great first draft.
Artboard v2.png

My wife said she feels like theres something "missing" I had thought about the idea of incorporating the ND locker room sign "Play Like a Champion Today" but I'm not sure how. I was just wondering what you guys thought and if you had any ideas or suggestions to kinda quench the wife's nagging feeling that something is missing.

I really dig it and think he nailed it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sometimes simplicity is what makes it so great. I like this look, but if you want to incorporate the “Play Like a Champion Today” maybe have those words repeat in the betting line. Subtle, but a nice nod to the tradition.

I like it! Can't think of a way to incorporate the slogan without having it look busy. How about incorporating the slogan by hanging a replica of the sign on the wall in your poker room, or having card cappers, dealer buttons, and/or cut cards made?

I like it! Can't think of a way to incorporate the slogan without having it look busy. How about incorporating the slogan by hanging a replica of the sign on the wall in your poker room, or having card cappers, dealer buttons, and/or cut cards made?
I like this idea honestly. Probably makes sense.

I also thought about having a raised rail with lights and a custom diffuser with cutouts for the slogan. It could work.
I wish I knew how to convert my rail into a raised rail. I'm not big on a huge raised rail but that would be a good solution as well. Just gotta figure out how I can do it.

Have like a play like a champion show up across the background very lightly almost transparent

Sometimes simplicity is what makes it so great. I like this look, but if you want to incorporate the “Play Like a Champion Today” maybe have those words repeat in the betting line. Subtle, but a nice nod to the tradition.
The wife liked this idea best, I shot an email off to Tony we will see what kind of magic he can work. I'm sold on it the way it is now, she's just giving me that look like she thinks it needs something. Like I told Tony she's right more times than she's wrong...and hell she's got excellent taste...she married me!

@Marhault i would recommend that you have Tony either shrink or enlarge you diamond pattern so that it evens out around the betting line. Right now you have 2 3/4's shamrocks on bottom. but only 2 full shamrocks on top. I would also tweak it so that you only see full shamrocks if possible

@Marhault i would recommend that you have Tony either shrink or enlarge you diamond pattern so that it evens out around the betting line. Right now you have 2 3/4's shamrocks on bottom. but only 2 full shamrocks on top. I would also tweak it so that you only see full shamrocks if possible
Great idea

I like it. Sometimes less is more. You don’t want too much going on. My suggestion would be to replace all or half of the shamrocks with the ND logo, remove the ND logo from the center and then center “Fighting Irish”.

Thats a sick first draft, could be a final drafy iyam, only thing I'd consider is shrinking the shamrock logos as mentioned above. My process with Tony took quite a few iterations and he was great to work with.

I appreciate all the input from everyone. I've taken a few of them and passed them along to Tony and we will see what kind of magic he works.

Here are some of the ideas incorporated into the design. He added Play Like a Champion Today to the bet line and balanced out the shamrocks in the background.

I'm not sure I like having the words on the bet line, seems odd to me seeing the upside down words on the opposite side when I look at it, he did a fantastic job matching the font and such, I just don't know if I like it this way. I think I liked it more without it. What do you guys think?
Artboard 5.png

I like the improved clovers. The slogan around the racetrack I am neutral on. I typical lean towards keeping things simple.

Hmmm...I have to agree with you here. I know it was my suggestion to try the words around the bet line, but seeing it now, I do like the first draft a bit better. I really do like the simplicity of it.

I'm not sure I like having the words on the bet line, seems odd to me seeing the upside down words on the opposite side when I look at it, he did a fantastic job matching the font and such, I just don't know if I like it this way. I think I liked it more without it. What do you guys think?

It feels busy with the wording circling the bet line .

First draft > second draft. Simplicity for the win.

edit: But agree that making the shamrock's more symmetrical, like the second draft, is a big improvement

Well at least I'm not crazy lol. Sometimes you get it right the first try!

For the shamrocks, do you guys think the ones that are getting cut off on the edges by the betline need to be removed completely or all of them resized to fit so there's no clipping or do you think they're fine they way they are? I'd say ultimately some will get clipped by the railing once it's completely installed anyway.

They are fine the way they are on the second draft. You could also have tony add shading to the inside or outside of the betline and see how it looks.

I originally thought to slightly decrease the middle logo a bit and put “Play Like A Champion Today” underneath in italics, but I’m feeling the less is more idea as well.

Ok Tony gave it one last shot but I think I like the idea of dealer buttons or something else with it on it, maybe adding a raised rail and putting it on that. But here's the last hurrah, it's between these 2.
Artboard 7.png

Artboard 6.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom