Chanman Basic Table with Custom Cloth (1 Viewer)

bentax1978

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
So when I read that @T_Chan was going to be booked up for a while, I jumped on the chance to grab one of his remaining basic tables just to have something in case I actually get off my lazy ass and decide to start hosting again. The plan was to just get it with SSC to keep things easy since we needed to get it shipped out within a week. However, after talking to some friends who had his gaming suede, I was convinced to spend a couple extra bucks to go in that direction. So the plan was to just pick a generic design and have Tony print it on the table. Of course that seemed a little bit wasteful since going full custom was the same price. Long story short, I ended up modifying one of his existing templates to create the table below. Still a traditional look overall, but with a fun little twist.

Without further ado, here's what arrived earlier this evening.

img_7319-jpg.115216

table1.jpg

IMG_7327.JPG

table2.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeousness!!! Great job on your custom design man... And what a shocker: outstanding work done by @T_Chan, yet again!!! :p

Great job guys!!!

Btw, It's already hard to go toe to toe with Bentax as far as buying chips is concerned, and he doesn't even host! If he starts hosting regularly again, we are all doomed...

Wow I love it, I wanted a Video Game themed table and even had some art commissioned for it but then kind of decided on a more general design. I like how yours is very subtle and smooth. Nice Table, and great job Chanman.

Wow I love it, I wanted a Video Game themed table and even had some art commissioned for it but then kind of decided on a more general design. I like how yours is very subtle and smooth. Nice Table, and great job Chanman.

That was my thought as well. I liked the idea of a video game theme, but also wanted to keep it traditional and not in your face. I think this turned out to be a nice balance.

It's kind of funny that when I was crating your table, I kept getting emails and texts on my phone. My notification sound is Mario going down a pipe, it was quite fitting.

The thought of using green cup holders to simulate the look of a Mario pipe crossed my mind as I was going through different iterations of the design.

IMG_7343.jpg

Last edited:
It's not too late.

No, it's not too late. It actually wasn't an option to during during the build since this was a pre-built, non-customization table (aside from the cloth).

That said, I don't know that I'd go that direction on this table as the goal of this table was a more subtle Mario theme. If I were to really ramp it up on a custom build, I think the first thing I'd do (aside from the green cupholders) is add a raised rail and about an inch or two of mario brick in stainless steel around the interior perimeter.

super-mario-block-pocket-watch-necklace-1_1024x1024.jpg
fde0e986e2957daba8ebbf0aa22ef18c--poker-night-poker-table.jpg

Last edited:
Wow this table looks great, the mario theme is subtle enough that non fans won't notice it, but still epic for those that are.

If only I could get one of these in Australia.

Wow this table looks great, the mario theme is subtle enough that non fans won't notice it, but still epic for those that are.

Thanks! That's precisely what I was going for with the design. (y) :thumbsup:

If only I could get one of these in Australia.

I'm pretty sure he'll ship anywhere, though I imagine at some point it would get cost prohibitive to send a 100 kg crate overseas. I'm sure the sending just the cloth itself would be a much more economical option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom