Changing auction structure (1 Viewer)

Yes, it definitely sucks when that happens. But I think in this situation it's more of a learning experience. Now that @xdukeluvax has been through one auction, they will know what to expect for the next one. Namely that you should set an alarm for 5 minutes before the auction ends to make sure that nobody tries to bid at the end. If they do, then the auction simply gets extended and you have the chance to bid again yourself.

It definitely builds more awareness to try and counter being sniped. Sometimes it’s unavoidable when life interferes and he or she gets busy. Totally sucks when it slips through your fingers but it is what it is. If all else fails, PM the winner and offer him more than what he just paid hahahahaha

It definitely builds more awareness to try and counter being sniped. Sometimes it’s unavoidable when life interferes and he or she gets busy. Totally sucks when it slips through your fingers but it is what it is. If all else fails, PM the winner and offer him more than what he just paid hahahahaha
That has absolutely happened to me before. And honestly, I don't think I've ever said no. As long as you can show me that you have a set that just needs that one thing I won, I'll probably just sell it.

But I always set alarms for TCR sales and auctions. It's the only reason I have Google Homes spread throughout every room in my house!

It's like music to my ears when they all go off...

Same. Batting 4 for 4 when it comes to TCR sales. I have zero reason to purchase from the next sale but batting 5 for 5 sure as hell sounds nice haha
Wait... We're allowed to not buy chips in a TCR sale!? Like, skip the sale? I thought that violates the PCF TOS and would cause us to get immediately banned / imprisoned.

Have we decided to let me troll destroy every auction in existence with a Chuck Norris Auction Bot or are we done here?
Sniper bot...
FormalFondGreatwhiteshark-max-1mb.gif

I’ve been following this keenly and have some strong opinions - the most significant of which is the opinion that all auctions should be determined based on height. I know it’s seemingly not fair, but natural selection prefers taller people. You shorter people really should’ve stretched more often as a child.

I don’t expect this to be controversial - I think height speaks for itself - but I’ll hold off on my other auction-related thoughts for a bit.

I’ve been following this keenly and have some strong opinions - the most significant of which is the opinion that all auctions should be determined based on height. I know it’s seemingly not fair, but natural selection prefers taller people. You shorter people really should’ve stretched more often as a child.

I don’t expect this to be controversial - I think height speaks for itself - but I’ll hold off on my other auction-related thoughts for a bit.
I might need a step to reach high things, but I'll never have to duck to get through a doorway. :unsure:

Yeah. Let's assist @Schmendr1ck more.... Great

So idk the exact rules on posting an auction but i had a bid holding for 3 full days and then some jerk off out bids me with a minimum bid when there was basically no time left for me to then re bid and i lost…. I think an auction should end 12 or 24 hours after the last bid so this doesnt happen.
Counting the problems with this post.

1. Highlighted text above. The rules are literally written in every single auction. Only your complete failure to read through the auction post would result in you not knowing the rules.
  2. Pretty uncalled for to call another member names for winning an auction 100% within the guidelines of the way auctions work here. Especially when you are a very new member. Not going to get any sympathy for that. And probably going to get YOU put on several ass-hat lists.
  3. 20 minutes before the end of an auction is not even close to "basically no time left." I've seen auction with 10+ bids in the last 20 minutes. That's just a lame excuse for "You forgot to come back and check the auction before it ended." I've done that myself as I'm sure many others here have as well. Time to grow up and take responsibility for what YOU didn't do. Not blame others.
  4. Even if a bid were placed in the last minute of the auction, the excellent auction rules we use here ADDS FIVE MINUTES to the auction. So it is literally impossible for anyone to snipe an auction with NO TIME LEFT.
  5. Your suggestion of adding 12-24 hours after the final bid is absolutely ludicrous and would result in the possibility of auctions dragging on for DAYS longer than they need to. You are almost certainly a minority of one in asking for that.
Any more???

I'm guessing you are probably quite sorry by now that you brought this up. Hopefully you will chalk it up to a learning experience. This is an amazing community, so maybe take some time to learn how things work around here before you go trying to make changes.

1. Highlighted text above. The rules are literally written in every single auction. Only your complete failure to read through the auction post would result in you not knowing the rules.
  2. Pretty uncalled for to call another member names for winning an auction 100% within the guidelines of the way auctions work here. Especially when you are a very new member. Not going to get any sympathy for that. And probably going to get YOU put on several ass-hat lists.
  3. 20 minutes before the end of an auction is not even close to "basically no time left." I've seen auction with 10+ bids in the last 20 minutes. That's just a lame excuse for "You forgot to come back and check the auction before it ended." I've done that myself as I'm sure many others here have as well. Time to grow up and take responsibility for what YOU didn't do. Not blame others.
  4. Even if a bid were placed in the last minute of the auction, the excellent auction rules we use here ADDS FIVE MINUTES to the auction. So it is literally impossible for anyone to snipe an auction with NO TIME LEFT.
  5. Your suggestion of adding 12-24 hours after the final bid is absolutely ludicrous and would result in the possibility of auctions dragging on for DAYS longer than they need to. You are almost certainly a minority of one in asking for that.
Any more???

I'm guessing you are probably quite sorry by now that you brought this up. Hopefully you will chalk it up to a learning experience. This is an amazing community, so maybe take some time to learn how things work around here before you go trying to make changes.
UnimportantMixedAntelopegroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

If Putin gifs weren't inexplicably banned here, this would be a great opportunity to use one.

Any more???

you are being too helpful!

I think we should have an independent arbiter that decides when an auction ends. Problem solved!
I’d be great at this. I could be the Great Arbitrator. I could retire and just do that. Maybe the Great Adjudicator or the Adjudicator General? There’s something here for everyone, really.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom