Changing auction structure (1 Viewer)

xdukeluvax

Two Pair
Reaction score
So idk the exact rules on posting an auction but i had a bid holding for 3 full days and then some jerk off out bids me with a minimum bid when there was basically no time left for me to then re bid and i lost…. I think an auction should end 12 or 24 hours after the last bid so this doesnt happen.

So idk the exact rules on posting an auction but i had a bid holding for 3 full days and then some jerk off out bids me with a minimum bid when there was basically no time left for me to then re bid and i lost…. I think an auction should end 12 or 24 hours after the last bid so this doesnt happen.
Oh lord. Here we go.

1652721649750.gif

Don't auctions have posted end times with 5 minute windows so you can come back over the top of a sniper? Oh yeah they do. Just means you gotta babysit your potential purchase just like the rest of us have here for years. Sorry dude.

Not only that, but it wasn’t right at the wire. OP had 20 minutes to rebid.

And outbidding at the last minute is literally how most auctions work in this world. Especially that little upstart website called eBay.

You have plenty of notice as to when the auction will end. And if someone bids at the last second here you have 5 minutes to outbid them. Then if you do they then have another 5 minutes. And so on. This is much more fair than feebay. If you expected your bid to stand when you bid so early evidently you don’t bid on many auctions anywhere. Sorry you are upset but this auction setup is the most fair Ive. seen. I do not bid on any auction that goes above what I want to pay, so have won exactly 0 auctions here.

That depends entirely on whether you’re a person who wants things, or a person who wants things cheap.
I think it also depends entirely on what "things" means. If "things" are rando cool chips, then, sure, cheap. But if it's, oh I dunno, C&J $1s, then get outta my way, I'm going to be extending that auction until people take my keyboard away.

Hopefully you're more successful in your next bid attempt.

The chips in question come up for sale quite often. You can also buy them direct, there's usually a group buy going for these chips. Search 'Tina cards mold/aria'.

Rather than blaming the auction rules, jerk off bidders, baby Jesus, dem/gop, etc, take some ownership of your failed experience and learn what you should have done differently to win the auction.

This has to be a troll because we fit into the meme format only using direct copy/paste quotes from this thread...

View attachment 912328
Because everyone wants to wait 3 months before the auction ends, hell I know at least one asshole that would min bid just to see the world burn it go another day

I made us a Gant Chart to show what it would look like, but I can only fit 1/3 of it on the ScreenShot

AuctionGant.jpg

Last edited:
Just got set a reminder on the end date and time. It does into overtime if there are still bids. It's in the rules. And sometimes runner gives a warning on the day of last bidding.

And they were Aria's Card Molds. Those are kind of common item to pop up.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom