Chair Thoughts - Pulled the trigger! (1 Viewer)

chubbyone

Straight
Reaction score
Scouring Craigslist.. found these..

I can get them for $8 a piece. I have the space to store, I know they aren't stack-able.

I would prefer stacking, and padded back... that said, I want something nicer than folding chairs to throw people on while I wait for my "perfect deal" to pop-up. Do these seem viable as a hold-over? Should I just stick with my all metal, paint stained folders until something better comes up?

chair.jpg

What will you do with these when you find something better? If the answer is resell them, I'd suggest avoiding the hassle. Instead, buy some cushions for the folding chairs. The cushions will retain their utility even after the 'right set' of chairs comes up for sale.

If you want to hold onto these as backup/2nd+ table chairs, then buying them seems much more viable.

Those don't speak to me. I think better deals can be had... for nicer chairs.

Nothing Wrong with padded folding chairs. Many meetups have put these type of chairs in play.

But these are prob better than all Metal folders.

Edited because I like Joe's idea about getting seat cushions

Not sure what searches you were doing on craigslist, but I tried all of the common phrases. Chairs, (Poker) chairs, banquet chairs, office chairs, etc. My current chairs were found under office supply store craigslist ads. They are task chairs. Many office rehab and restore outlets sell reclaimed office Furniture where u can find good chairs cheap.

What will you do with these when you find something better? If the answer is resell them, I'd suggest avoiding the hassle. Instead, buy some cushions for the folding chairs. The cushions will retain their utility even after the 'right set' of chairs comes up for sale.

If you want to hold onto these as backup/2nd+ table chairs, then buying them seems much more viable.

I'd hang on to them, too cheap not to, and with kids birthday parties and stuff they would find uses. I do have 3 tables now too lol, so yes they could serve duty there as well.

Those don't speak to me. I think better deals can be had... for nicer chairs.

Nothing Wrong with padded folding chairs. Many meetups have put these type of chairs in play.

But these are prob better than all Metal folders.

Edited because I like Joe's idea about getting seat cushions

Yea the first chairs I got thinking it was gonna be a garage game at best were $2 metal folders, used in a pottery/paint teaching studio, so they have paint and plaster stains. Fully functional but way too ugly for the basement setup I've graduated to. I'm not against using them short term still, but am going for a little wow factor as my friends aren't expecting that I fell down this rabbit hole, and these would at least look like a more cohesive and aesthetically pleasing option.

I'd pass too. For $20 Sam's club has decent stacking chairs with padding on the back.

Chair deals come up ALL THE TIME on Craigslist. Keep searching. If you are going to settle, make it on a good quality chair that you don't like the color or pattern, but not on the quality itself.

I'd pass too. For $20 Sam's club has decent stacking chairs with padding on the back.

Chair deals come up ALL THE TIME on Craigslist. Keep searching. If you are going to settle, make it on a good quality chair that you don't like the color or pattern, but not on the quality itself.
I've got the black stackables from Sam's as well. They have been worth the investment.

https://rochester.craigslist.org/fuo/d/chairs-stacking/6286094711.html

How about these? Seems to be a pretty standard option, and while not crazy cheap... probably at least %50 off retail at $10/chair. Probably offer $75 for 8.

chair.jpg

Edit: Is the dreaded swamp ass a huge concern with these vinyl chairs vs fabric? Also, I have a cat... front declawed but back claws, so anything vinyl always scares me...

Yes, half retail. Looks like a Costco or Sams chair. Would not be my ultimate chair. Doubt these would be super comfy for long hours. But would do in a pinch. For a short time. If I bought these I'd have to ask how much of an improvement was it over my current setup....? And regardless, these would be seen as temporary. My search would continue.

Yes, half retail. Looks like a Costco or Sams chair. Would not be my ultimate chair. Doubt these would be super comfy for long hours. But would do in a pinch. For a short time. If I bought these I'd have to ask how much of an improvement was it over my current setup....? And regardless, these would be seen as temporary. My search would continue.

These would for sure be an improvement over the all metal folders I have, and likely be relegated to the second table once I found my ultimate chair. Seems more feasible having the stackers for the second table in the long run than the non-stackers above. Still... I was hoping for a black or gray or charcoal fabric chair like this. My cat would jump on the backs of the HON chairs like you have and tear them up, he did that to 2-3 cheap pleather computer chairs.

Those are decent chairs, and at $10 each if in good shape still are a good price. I have 7 chairs just like them for my second table and they work fine.

The padding isn't as thick and the backs don't flex, but they are definetly an improvement over basic all metal folding chairs!

And they work well if you entertain for a dinner party or have family over for Thanksgiving.

I'd pick them up at $10 each.

My secondary table with similar chairs.
IMG_3147.JPG

Those are decent chairs, and at $10 each if in good shape still are a good price. I have 7 chairs just like them for my second table and they work fine.

The padding isn't as thick and the backs don't flex, but they are definetly an improvement over basic all metal folding chairs!

And they work well if you entertain for a dinner party or have family over for Thanksgiving.

I'd pick them up at $10 each.

My secondary table with similar chairs.
View attachment 118794

Thanks for the pic! I just got my chanman basic 8-person table, only difference is platinum SSC. This is exactly the picture I wanted to see, and similar reasoning to what I'm thinking.

If the vinyl got gnarled up by my cat, I suppose I could get those wedding style covers.

chair cover.png

Found a better deal on what I think are nicer chairs, and much closer to me. Hard to tell much from the photo but looks to be flex back, and decently made. I have a carpet shampooer I plan to clean them up with. She claims no rust or stains or rips, "in very good shape".

Of course the pictured one has something on it lol, could just be crumbs.

$4 per chair.

IMG_2629.PNG

Well, grabbed them.

Classico brand flex back chairs.

Gonna run my pet upholstery cleaner over them, and a fabric shaver because there's some slight pilling. Wipe down the legs and probably make sure all the hardware is tight, then call it done.

I'm really happy with these at $4 a chair. I got 10, but I think 9 is the most that would go around my table, I'll mock it up tomorrow. Anyways, pictures.

IMG_2631.JPG

IMG_2632.JPG

Those are a steal at $4!!! You can see how much thicker the seat padding is compared to the black chairs. The flex back is s great feature too.

Like I said in earlier post, great chair deals come up all the time.

Congrats on the nice find!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom