Chair Hunting (2 Viewers)

Chairs

Votes: 13 40.6%

Votes: 11 34.4%

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Keep looking, armrests needed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I just scored 6 task chairs from an office for $100 on offerup. Replaced my aging set of banquet chairs that had seen much better days. Adjustable height really is the best. Needed a little cleaning, but a great foundation of chairs that I can supplement with my nice folding chairs when the table starts to fill up.

IMG_20190807_183823.jpg

Wow. So the guy closing down the card room just so happens to be heading this way next week. Might have to put my chip purchases on hold. We got to talking quite a bit and he’s offering to deliver for free AND discounted prices. Just gotta figure out what I should buy. Chairs are $30/piece, tables are $400, 26 decks of Copag cards, stackable chairs, lockers, Industrial cooler, security cameras, etc. Picking up chairs for sure and I need a table but not sure if 400 is worth it. Feel like something nicer and custom could be built? Any one need cards? China clays?

6613CFF0-F945-4867-864B-9CA777A07072.jpeg

39101311-D85A-4356-B153-AB4049BB7685.jpeg

5E42F661-A5F1-458F-A750-E6E5E43837CD.jpeg

3276F43F-8954-408F-B34D-FEF9393C7EBB.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow. So the guy closing down the card room in Dallas just so happens to be heading this way next week. Might have to put my chip purchases on hold. We got to talking quite a bit and he’s offering to deliver for free AND discounted prices. Just gotta figure out what I should buy. Chairs are $30/piece, tables are $400, 26 decks of Copag cards, stackable chairs, lockers, Industrial cooler, security cameras, etc. Picking up chairs for sure and I need a table but not sure if 400 is worth it. Feel like something nicer and custom could be built? Any one need cards? China clays?

View attachment 327034
View attachment 327035
View attachment 327036
View attachment 327037

I would 10 thousand percent pay 400 for that table. Take the cards also if the deal is right. You can sell them here or keep them all and be set on cards for life.

+1 those are great prices for table & chairs delivered.

I’ll raise my hand and be the scrub donkey that wants the CCs.

Id like to pick up about a thousand of the cash chips, and possibly several thousand of the tourney ones if he is dumping them cheap enough. Can you ask about how many he has and what he wants for them?

Wow those black swivel chairs for $30 per are awesome. They seem like the perfect size width, no armrests and a ton of cushion. I would snap buy at least 10-12 esp. if he’s delivering. Great score there.

I would 10 thousand percent pay 400 for that table. Take the cards also if the deal is right. You can sell them here or keep them all and be set on cards for life.

What is a fair price on cards? 6 decks unopened, 20 less than 3 days old.

Any particular reason I'm missing on the table being such a deal? Couldn't a custom table, even with a custom felt from @T_Chan be DIY built for just a couple more hundred bucks?

table9.jpg

+1 those are great prices for table & chairs delivered.

I’ll raise my hand and be the scrub donkey that wants the CCs.

Id like to pick up about a thousand of the cash chips, and possibly several thousand of the tourney ones if he is dumping them cheap enough. Can you ask about how many he has and what he wants for them?

Here's the quantities. I'll see how cheap I can get them.

cc1.jpg

cc2.jpg

cc3.jpg

Wow those black swivel chairs for $30 per are awesome. They seem like the perfect size width, no armrests and a ton of cushion. I would snap buy at least 10-12 esp. if he’s delivering. Great score there.

Yeah I don't think I can pass on chairs. buying 10 for sure, considering 20. He even has dealer chairs.

chair5.jpg

What is a fair price on cards? 6 decks unopened, 20 less than 3 days old.

Any particular reason I'm missing on the table being such a deal? Couldn't a custom table, even with a custom felt from @T_Chan be DIY built for just a couple more hundred bucks?

View attachment 327134

Here's the quantities. I'll see how cheap I can get them.

View attachment 327135
View attachment 327136
View attachment 327137

Yeah I don't think I can pass on chairs. buying 10 for sure, considering 20. He even has dealer chairs.

View attachment 327138

A chanman table with custom felt is over a grand with shipping. You could get that table and order custom felt from chanman to install on that table.

A chanman table with custom felt is over a grand with shipping. You could get that table and order custom felt from chanman to install on that table.

Right, but aren't his basic tables around 500? Oh wait shipping is like 300 or so you're right.

But if DIY built, couldn't I even get a raised rail, may some suede for 550 or so?

I'm sure diy you could do it cheaper. I'm just saying I personally would love to buy that table for only 400. I'm driving to Louisiana next weds and if I had room in the car or time I'd swing by and grab it lol

Jeepogy, thank you so much for grabbing the quantities on the chips and offering to deal for me!

I think I should say “nevermind” though.
I just looked at some of the 3-stripe chips in person (Claysmith “bluff canyon”) and the color he chose for to $100s is so close to the $500s that it would cause confusion on the table: those are functionally worthless.

And I’d not be buying enough of the cash chips aloe to make it worth his time or yours. I’m sure he is looking for someone to buy all the chips as a lot, and I’m not his guy.

Sorry for asking & then backing out- I was hoping to pick up all the tourney chips & then add in some of the cash chips - without the tourneys I’m not a good buyer for him.

-Aaron

No worries at all. Still curious myself though I don't see me wanting them for my own use

Yeah. Blank Milano’s sell for $0.33 each new. With labels and in bulk, I’m sure he paid a couple grand for these originally.

I just can’t think of a way to use more than about 800-1000 of them for anything at all. And those colors on the tourney chips. :tdown:

It is a shame but I don’t see these chips ending up anywhere but in the garbage. :-(

$5467 is what he paid lol. Included a "rush" fee and custom label fee. I thought that was madness

A note about the table: a DIY table can be very cost-effective, but tables are not an easy build, especially your first one. The 3 people I know that have built one ALL needed to re-do parts along the way, and all of those folks were pretty handy.

10-4. Thanks for the heads up. I think it's a couple of factors keeping me from those tables. 1) I don't need/want a dealer spot 2) I'd prefer a raised rail 3) Prefer no cup holders 4) I don't live in TX and would probably want to resurface.

Also I guess I'm comparing it to a $100-150 craigslist find that I could resurface if I went that route.

Yeah the raised rail table that I just built was somewhere around $500-$600 with a custom Channy cloth. But I am not sure I would try to build another table anytime soon. It does take quite a bit of work/time and you need to have the right tools and space to work in.

Yours came out amazing. And I definitely have the tools and space. And a buddy that does wood work, but time is another thing.

• Love
Reactions: 72o
10-4. Thanks for the heads up. I think it's a couple of factors keeping me from those tables. 1) I don't need/want a dealer spot 2) I'd prefer a raised rail 3) Prefer no cup holders 4) I don't live in TX and would probably want to resurface.

Also I guess I'm comparing it to a $100-150 craigslist find that I could resurface if I went that route.

With those factors I wouldn’t buy this table either!

But I think your comparison may be off... in my limited experience a $100 Craigslist table is either going to be an el-cheapo manufactured table or a homemade job that has one or more things that were botched or done half-assed. YMMV vary of course, and if you can find a good one...

Unless your woodworking friend has experience reupholstering furniture, there will still be a learning curve to DIY. The cloth and the rail can both present challenges. Nothing insurmountable, to be sure, I’m just saying plan for 2 attempts at getting the cloth/rail right.

This is true. CL has been very dry. I've been looking for a while. These are the only somewhat decent 2 that have popped up and have been for sale for a long time. $115 for the racetrack table and 300 for the other.

table.jpg

table2.jpg

Yep. Been for sale since early this year and very firm on price.

Here you go. $100 bucks. Houston area.
Replace the fixed legs with some sweet GorillaGaming.net legs for about $180.
Plus, it has camo felt which helps disguise your hand.

CL-Poker-Table-Houston.png

I had purchased some Amazon roller chairs a few months back for board gaming. Just picked up 6 more since they're 15% off right now.

Hunt for chairs is not fun. Found these for $5 bucks a piece, but there’s only 6. And the base is odd lol

C07DAA4F-EA4C-4167-A4E7-00EAD5EC26E8.jpeg

3F7C6DC3-6740-4E00-8A02-C37E768A8164.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom