Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Keep looking, armrests needed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JeepologyOffroad

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
On the search for some budget chairs. Which of these you going with? Or should I hold out for armrests?

lightbrownchairs.jpg

chairs2.jpg

chairs3.jpg

I like black frame as well. Wish 1 had a black frame and I would’ve scooped em up already

I vote no armrests unless you have a big enough table and enough room. I'm also not a fan of adjustable chairs on wheels. Wheels are fine but can be annoying. The adjustable parts always wear out fast and then begin to sink especially if they are purchased used.

Poker room that shut its doors in Dallas is selling these for 50 a piece. 6 hour drive one way though.

View attachment 321429
These chairs (or very similar Majestic chairs) brand new are $300 each. @DJ_Fett drove from Pittsburgh to Florida, then up to Philly, then back to Pittsburgh to get 24 of them (plus some tables).

Even if not the best brand name, that's still a big value if you are getting a bunch.

Last edited:
He has quite a few tables too. As well as a ton of chips, but looks like just CC. Wonder if he could still get an order thru with GPI

217D8BCE-6EC3-43B2-86EA-70BCF7F4F002.jpeg

2AABF3AC-0A54-45C6-9A2D-3CA96E933080.jpeg

Ya not buying the chips for sure. Trying to get that $400 table, but he hasn’t seen my message yet. Listed it on uShip to see if I can get it delivered here for a couple hundred. The card room tables are 500

Ugh table sold already too. I’m missing out on all the good stuff. That was a steal.

1 or 2. I voted 1 because I saw them stacked.:D
Forget about armrests; they take up valuable space; arms are supposed to be resting on the rail.
Wheeled chairs are out of the question (other than for the dealing person); they demand enormous floor space in relation to other chairs.

I'll echo what others have written. Avoid arm rests - they take up way too much room.

A host of a cash game I go to recently switched from banquet chairs to office chairs with arm rests. It's a total clusterf@ck now. His basement is pretty tight and now when anyone in seats 1, 2, 3 or 8, 9, or 10 need to leave the table (bathroom or smoke break) everyone between seats 2-4 or 6-9 have to get up to let them out.

I'll echo what others have written. Avoid arm rests - they take up way too much room.

A host of a cash game I go to recently switched from banquet chairs to office chairs with arm rests. It's a total clusterf@ck now. His basement is pretty tight and now when anyone in seats 1, 2, 3 or 8, 9, or 10 need to leave the table (bathroom or smoke break) everyone between seats 2-4 or 6-9 have to get up to let them out.
Excellent point

Ok armrests are out 100%. Still tossing around the idea of adjustable chairs or not. I do like height adjustments. Found these local. 8 for 150

E0C3716F-7426-4781-A0DC-68F7DDF644DA.jpeg

0E351486-08E4-40C0-BD0F-A59A40014A4A.jpeg

4B0D2E79-CBAF-4B0A-978C-4B88738ADA9E.jpeg

How was the uShip quote? I tried them first, and a few other things, but it was cheapest by far for me to get them myself.

I saw another thread recently where some members were talking about using Greyhound, or maybe Amtrak, to ship them

These chairs (or very similar Majestic chairs) brand new are $300 each. @DJ_Fett drove from Pittsburgh to Florida, then up to Philly, then back to Pittsburgh to get 24 of them (plus some tables).

Even if not the best brand name, that's still a big value if you are getting a bunch.
Ya not buying the chips for sure. Trying to get that $400 table, but he hasn’t seen my message yet. Listed it on uShip to see if I can get it delivered here for a couple hundred. The card room tables are 500

I use uship a fair amount. Quote was 215 for the table. Fastenal is also good for shipping big heavy items.

Well since that nice table in Dallas sold it's going to be a no go on making the trip to pick up the poker chairs. I think I'm going to go with the black rollers above. They seem really nice for only 150 bucks. If for some reason it's still too crowded I'm sure I can sell them for what I paid. Thanks for the help fellas

Search Craigslist for 'banquet chairs'. You can usually find used vinyl or cloth covered ones for $10-$15 each, new ones run about $30 each.
Likewise, do a Craigslist search for 'task chairs'.
Offer them about half of what they are asking with the caveat they they help you load them in the truck.

At certain points in the year Office Depot/Office Max (et. al.) have sales on height adjustable task chairs (no arms!) for around $50 each. Unless you are running a full time poker room these will last for a long time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom