Ceramic vs. China Clays (1 Viewer)

Yup!!! F-ing Sunfly. I really do like their chips. Next group buy is going to be hard to resist.

Yeah, I'm miffed that Sunfly doesn't seem to offer samples. I want to see how they are, but other than that you need to exercise some restraint, my friend. I know how much a DDLM 43 set runs. :p That's why I have to quit like RIGHT NOW.

Yeah, I'm miffed that Sunfly doesn't seem to offer samples. I want to see how they are, but other than that you need to exercise some restraint, my friend. I know how much a DDLM 43 set runs. :p That's why I have to quit like RIGHT NOW.

Did I mention that I'm waiting on my first Chanman table. Oh oh and I'm loving my WSOP Cincy set from The Chip Exchange that came last week...

23daqg.jpg

Polyclays look like a dream. No label, right? It's printed? I don't think I like the different shapes of label and trying to match the chip color with the rest of the circle. I feel like this would always lead to uneven color fading/saturation over time. Eventually, the colors of the label wouldn't match the chip.

However, in your set, they are dye sub printed. ZOMG! That is a different story! Very nice set!

Polyclays look like a dream. No label, right? It's printed? I don't think I like the different shapes of label and trying to match the chip color with the rest of the circle. I feel like this would always lead to uneven color fading/saturation over time. Eventually, the colors of the label wouldn't match the chip.

However, in your set, they are dye sub printed. ZOMG! That is a different story! Very nice set!
You mean these?
04dfd98e7df4dc3602e3a41d24ed5f0e.jpg

You mean these?

Those watermelon chips are fantastic. No, I was referring to designs like this that try to fake out the cutout shape by matching the color of the chip. Except, in this picture, it's printed, so it will never fade.

sfc19123101-4-2-jpg.411241

Those watermelon chips are fantastic. No, I was referring to designs like this that try to fake out the cutout shape by matching the color of the chip. Except, in this picture, it's printed, so it will never fade.

sfc19123101-4-2-jpg.411241
I meant when you said "However, in your set, they are dye sub printed. ZOMG! That is a different story! Very nice set!"

Only downside of polyclay chips is that the printed center area will eventually show wear (unlike the laminated labels on ceramic hybrid polyinno chips, which are recessed below the chip face).

Milanos<cheap ceramics<Majestics, Pharaohs, Dunes<Royals<Ravenors/Polyclays<good ceramics<Paulsons

From what I can tell, this is the hierarchy of chip quality. I'll have to get a sample of the Polyclays to see how they handle but other than that, I think this is pretty much it.

You should try to compare some high-end plastic chips in there (Abbiati, B&G, Bud Jones, Matsui) as well.

I believe it. These chips do not get much mention around these parts (except by me, the tireless flag waver!). You should check it out. Btw, congrats on the Lady Luck chip score!

Thanks man. Turns out I didn't get the pink chips and I accidentally ordered 100 hundos instead of 50, but honestly, I can't complain, because I have a mint set of Paulsons. 550 chips and it was a good deal. I'm going to put out an ad for the pinkos but if I don't get them I won't die, I just was disappointed.

Thanks man. Turns out I didn't get the pink chips and I accidentally ordered 100 hundos instead of 50, but honestly, I can't complain, because I have a mint set of Paulsons. 550 chips and it was a good deal. I'm going to put out an ad for the pinkos but if I don't get them I won't die, I just was disappointed.

Who says you can't buy a rack of other nice chips and relabel them as fracs (either 0.50 or 0.25) with similar Lady Luck graphics? I mean, it's not as if forum members don't know of any services like this.... ;)

Who says you can't buy a rack of other nice chips and relabel them as fracs (either 0.50 or 0.25) with similar Lady Luck graphics? I mean, it's not as if forum members don't know of any services like this.... ;)

I put an ad out for 100 of the pinkos but if not, I could do that. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on say a set of yellow RHC's or pink RHC's, maybe even blue

I have yet to experience any of these chips in my collections, believe it or not.
Another noteworthy product to mention / consider / rank are Sun-Fly's ceramic hybrids, especially the 43mm version with small recess.. I put them above standard ceramics, and even prefer them over Paulson RHC molds if price is factored in.

If you haven't yet discovered them since your return, you're missing out. Best chip value on the market right now.

Another noteworthy product to mention / consider / rank are Sun-Fly's ceramic hybrids, especially the 43mm version with small recess.. I put them above standard ceramics, and even prefer them over Paulson RHC molds if price is factored in.

If you haven't yet discovered them since your return, you're missing out. Best chip value on the market right now.

I haven't discovered them at all, I'd like to see what they look like all fleshed out.

I have a set of Majestic CC's. Like at first. Keep them clean. Tried oily lightly before, but not optimal. They are showing signs of breakdown now. Edges chipping away w/ standard use. After a night of use, my table is scattered w/ more signs of breakdown. Any advice to salvage or stop this breakdown? I realize these are "cheap" but I am working my way up to better. Have a full set of NJ's skulls for tourney & league play. Other NJ's saloon for cash play. I like my Majestics because so close to Paulson clay chips. Does not seem they are going to make the grade much longer as quickly as breaking down now. Any feedback appreciated.

I have a set of Majestic CC's. Like at first. Keep them clean. Tried oily lightly before, but not optimal. They are showing signs of breakdown now. Edges chipping away w/ standard use. After a night of use, my table is scattered w/ more signs of breakdown. Any advice to salvage or stop this breakdown? I realize these are "cheap" but I am working my way up to better. Have a full set of NJ's skulls for tourney & league play. Other NJ's saloon for cash play. I like my Majestics because so close to Paulson clay chips. Does not seem they are going to make the grade much longer as quickly as breaking down now. Any feedback appreciated.
First I've heard of Majestics breaking down, but it's not that uncommon with several other china clay product lines.

Once it starts, there's not much that can be done besides keeping the bits vacuumed up off the felt.

I am very interested (as will be many others) in seeing some close-up pics of the chip condition.

First I've heard of Majestics breaking down, but it's not that uncommon with several other china clay product lines.

Once it starts, there's not much that can be done besides keeping the bits vacuumed up off the felt.

I am very interested (as will be many others) in seeing some close-up pics of the chip condition.
Concur, would like to see closeups. I picked up a Majestic tournament set that was priced too good to pass up with plaques even thought Im not a cc fan. After cleaning and oiling they have been ok so far but I dislike the break down and was going to addon... But if they are going to fall apart...

FWIW player feedback is that they are too slippery from 20 somethings to 50 yr olds.

I have an 800+ chip Majestic cash set which sees regular use and a 500 chip tournament set that seems to be mostly decorative ... both ordered in Sept 2016 and neither shows any signs of breaking down. I think they are great chips for what they are but did just pick up my first Paulsons - a PCA secondary cash set - and the feel is very different but at 10x the cost!!

They are a bit slippery. That is the only negative now that the smell has worn off :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom