Ceramic Poker Chip Set SIZE Progression (1 Viewer)

FDLmold

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Curious as to people's thoughts.
1) You have a four denomination set of ceramic Poker chips. If it will help, call it 25c, $1, $5, $20.
2) . The set uses all four GOCC chip sizes. They are 39mm round, 44mm round, 44mm octagon, and 47mm round.

Would you prefer to see a
39 44 47 44oct
progression, or a
39 44 44oct 47
progression? Or something else? (although no other progression of these four sizes
makes the least bit of sense to me)

I think the 47 round and the 44 octagon are totally at odds with each other and that no progression with those two and two smaller rounds will feel right.
So I vote neither. I’d rather use only 3 sizes. Or two.

I think I'd rather go 39mm / 39mm / 44mm round / 44mm oct OR 47mm round.

I don't think I'd want to have that many different sizes in the set. At most 3 sizes, but if I had total choice I'd probably go 39 / 39 / 39 / 44oct.

I have also considered that. Let's say there is no octagon, just rounds then. Still four denominations. Which size do you double up on?

I have also considered that. Let's say there is no octagon, just rounds then. Still four denominations. Which size do you double up on?
Even 3 sizes feels too gimmicky to me. I guess my order of preference would be:
39, 39, 39, 43
39, 39, 43, 47
Or, and only if the 39 is a frac:
39, 43, 43, 47

The octagon does feel like a bit of a gimmick.

GOCC does not make racks for the 47mm chips.

Add that to the data I suppose.

39/39/44/47

Make the 2 higher denom chips seem special by making them the larger chips

My new Surface Pro comes with a neat pen. I am not much of an artist, but it is fun to play around.
Sketch 1.png

Curious as to people's thoughts.
1) You have a four denomination set of ceramic Poker chips. If it will help, call it 25c, $1, $5, $20.
2) . The set uses all four GOCC chip sizes. They are 39mm round, 44mm round, 44mm octagon, and 47mm round.

Would you prefer to see a
39 44 47 44oct
progression, or a
39 44 44oct 47
progression? Or something else? (although no other progression of these four sizes
makes the least bit of sense to me)
GOCC ceramics?

25c = 39mm round
$1 = 44mm round
$5 = 47mm round
$20 = 48mm x 68mm plaque round-corner plaque

But if it were me, I'd go all 39mm. Or all 43mm hybrids. :)

I really like my octagonal $20s, but I have several hundred of them, so nothing larger is likely to ever be needed. But if it were, only a plaque would do, IMO.

I have compared GOCC chips to the rest. I put one next to a sun fly, any sun fly, and it is not even a contest. The GOCC crushes it.

Meh, not impressed with GoGuard whatsoever. But their standard finish 39mm ceramic chips are the bomb. Too bad the plaques suck ass.

Meh, not impressed with GoGuard whatsoever. But their standard finish 39mm ceramic chips are the bomb. Too bad the plaques suck ass.

I can't comment on their plaques, but I agree with the rest. (y) :thumbsup: The appeal of the hybrids still eludes me, though.

@CraigT78 : I think you used different sizes for your GOCC tourney set (39mm for lower denoms and 43mm for higher). Thoughts?

I can't comment on their plaques
Although they look quite good at a distance, the GOCC plaques are actually a printed lightweight white almost-flexible plastic that just feels insubstantial and cheap. I've seldom wanted to like a product as much yet come away so disappointed. :(

I can't comment on their plaques, but I agree with the rest. (y) :thumbsup: The appeal of the hybrids still eludes me, though.

@CraigT78 : I think you used different sizes for your GOCC tourney set (39mm for lower denoms and 43mm for higher). Thoughts?
I did - 39mm for 25/100/100 and 44mm for 1k and 5k. LOVE them.

Also went with 44mm octagon for the bounty.

I can now only picture the octagon as a special chip, like a bounty, or as the largest denomination chip in a set of 39mm round chips.

Too many different sizes remind me of a toy you would give to an infant. While I am ok with 2, maybe 3 different sizes in a set, more just becomes gimmicky.

39mm quarter, 40mm dollar, 41mm two-dollar, 42mm five-dollar, 43mm twenty-dollar, 44mm hundred. Who's with me?

Yeah that is no good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom