Ceramic poker chip help (1 Viewer)

giercmen

Reaction score
Hello.
Need help about ceramic poker chips.
Can they melt by using jus a lighter ??
I bought some cheap set and i can not find any information.
Thank you

Hello.
Thank you
Typically no. High-quality ceramic chips (actually a nylon-base material) will rarely deform even when baked at high temps (500° F), or when applying direct flame. But the dye-sub printed images on ceramics will definitely deteriorate and fade under such conditions.

Hello.
Thank you
Maybe if you post a picture of said cheap set we can be more helpful

Thank you for all answers.
I send pictures. Im burning it with lighter about 10sek.
What i really want to know if they be called as ceramic poker chips?
The sound amd feel is like ceramic, but im not sure in this situation.
Thank you

Attachments

• 20221231_101341.jpg
    20221231_101341.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 58
  • 20221231_101336.jpg
    20221231_101336.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 60
I’m curious the fascination with fire. All chips are made of plastic. From the cheap sluggos to Paulsons. They’ll all burn and melt.
Just trying to determine what question you have that burning the chips will answer?

Thank you for your answer.
of course i will answer about this fire fascination. I sold 1 set to somebody who after a while wrote me that this chips are not ceramic bc they are melted with lighter, and he said its plastik and he want his money back. I was not sure after that but before i was sure its ceramic. I didnt have enough information to be sure im right. But now i can clearly say that its ceramic and this guy just burn his own beautiful set.
Thank you

”Ceramic” chips aren’t actually ceramic. They’re just called ceramics because they sorta look and feel like it. All chips are plastic to some degree. Your buyer doesn’t sound very informed

”Ceramic” chips aren’t actually ceramic. They’re just called ceramics because they sorta look and feel like it. All chips are plastic to some degree. Your buyer doesn’t sound very informed
Thank you

Thank you for your answer.
of course i will answer about this fire fascination. I sold 1 set to somebody who after a while wrote me that this chips are not ceramic bc they are melted with lighter, and he said its plastik and he want his money back. I was not sure after that but before i was sure its ceramic. I didnt have enough information to be sure im right. But now i can clearly say that its ceramic and this guy just burn his own beautiful set.
Thank you
The world would agree with Eriks

1) I wouldn't offer the money back after they intentionally disfigured the product.
2) I would explain that the chips are referred to as ceramics by the community, manufactures, retailers, and gamers that use them across the world.
3) You did not name the type of chip they are, you've re-used the type name given.

I’m curious the fascination with fire. All chips are made of plastic. From the cheap sluggos to Paulsons. They’ll all burn and melt.
Just trying to determine what question you have that burning the chips will answer?
More than a few of us have taken a torch to chips to see if they’re clay. Because yeah, all chips have some plastic in them, but the clay ones don’t really burn. (Or maybe it’s just me)

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...rs-let-me-get-this-straight.20714/post-410271

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom