Ceramic chips designed by me. (1 Viewer)

playerOne

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I've been working on my own custom set and I made this chip design months ago. I'm not a graphic designer but have some experience. This is my first try designing chips. Lately, I've been thinking that most likely I'll use another design for the finished set. I prefer simpler patterns and ended up making this. I wanted to experiment with edges - I like the result, but I'd love to get some feedback. I have some samples produced by Sun-Fly.

sample_showcase.jpg

Couldn't edit the original post, but I added some shadows and fixes to the image.
sample_showcase.jpg

Yes, brighter colours. It doesn't have to be the whole image. You can keep the base colours you have for the face, but go a much brighter shade for the knotwork design inside the rings. Same thing with the rolling edge - a band of matching bright colour would help balance things.

Is the spade a placeholder for other art? And remember, there's no law saying you have to have the exact same design on both sides of the chip.

Needs brighter colours so it will be easier to distinguish from the sides.
Yes, brighter colours. It doesn't have to be the whole image. You can keep the base colours you have for the face, but go a much brighter shade for the knotwork design inside the rings. Same thing with the rolling edge - a band of matching bright colour would help balance things.
Sorry, it took me a bit longer to respond - been busy with family. Thank you for suggestions. I'm looking into making colors brighter.
Is the spade a placeholder for other art? And remember, there's no law saying you have to have the exact same design on both sides of the chip.
I initially thought that I'll put together several different designs and ended up thinking that I might as well make 4 designs with different suits. I'm open for more suggestions :)

These look great (bit like Ascona from Sunfly), but I agree that you need colors to be more distinctive... Congrats on promising project

Thank you all for the suggestions and comments. I've been busy with work and an addition to the family past months... I was playing around with another design that I'm about to upload. I'll reupload this design with brighter colors soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom