• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine CDI in Illinois (1 Viewer)

Dude....this was my holy grail score:mad:
Find solace in the fact that I found it first and offered the same amount you ended up offering. If she shipped, they'd be gone anyway. :p

Seriously though, it's infuriating to find awesome deals only to find out that no amount of money will make them comfortable enough to ship. You did the right thing and offered them to PCF. Classy move man!

Sent her a message, no response thus far.
Keep trying...she did mention to me that someone was willing to go pick them up. Hopefully you can swoop in, maybe offer her a good amount more in hopes of convincing her.

Sent her a message, no response thus far.

Since ppl have been messaging her like mad, offering $200 to ship, I gather she'll be reevaluating the value of what she has... since you know the ship offers were $200, I'd go in and offer her a bit more than she's asking... maybe $150 to seal the deal.

I'd give her a story about how she had em a little undervalued, and say, "I would have just offered you $100, but since these chips exactly match your existing set, and they're coming home, that's why I'm willing to come up to $150". Might try to explain that you're orphaned, donate your free time in a soup kitchen feeding the hungry, and that you bicycled across the country raising money to buy school supplies for disadvantaged kids... hell, you're so deserving of these chips!

I just talked to get, offered her $350 and she is on the fence.

Huh?

@Payback is local, and said he is 15 mins away, and said he was making a play for these. I guess there's no official "dibs" rule here, but when he's trying to negotiate for these on site, you're now coming into the mix? Over the top?

Sheesh...

Huh?

@Payback is local, and said he is 15 mins away, and said he was making a play for these. I guess there's no official "dibs" rule here, but when he's trying to negotiate for these on site, you're now coming into the mix? Over the top?

Sheesh...

If it makes you feel any better, I also made an offer prior to the thread being posted here and also offered to pick them up in person this weekend.

A lot of chippers will be local to that area in a few days.

I'm going to assume I'm out of this now though, so GL to the others trying to grab them.

She's posts them for 40 and getting bombarded with a ton of offers at 5-10x the amount seems pretty stupid imo. She's probably figured out they are worth way more at this point t. This is what happened when the WTHC set went up for sale. In the end all it does is drive all pricing across the board up for everyone. As btbmason mentioned several people are going to be local this week, and there is usually someone local to all sales. If the person is demanding pickup just pm a reliable chipper and pay them to pick them up at cost.

If it makes you feel any better, I also made an offer prior to the thread being posted here and also offered to pick them up in person this weekend.

A lot of chippers will be local to that area in a few days.

I'm going to assume I'm out of this now though, so GL to the others trying to grab them.

No, I completely understand. I'll be local in a few days too (and my immediate thought was to consider this, but after payback's post, I discounted the notion) . Once a member posts it up, and another well respected chipper says (in the second post) "I'm 15 mins away" and indicates he's making a play for the chips, I go into "rooting for" mode, not "let me see if I can snag them out from under him" mode.

Though there's nothing in the forum rules that makes it forbidden to do this, I think one course of action would develop more positive forum karma than another.

For what it's worth, my personal opinion is that these should be reserved for a local chipper (@Payback, etc). @uclaure and I offered more than asking price before this was posted because the woman flat out did not want to ship and we tried to entice her into doing so. Once the listing was posted here, with a note saying that the seller did not want to ship, as a community we should want a local chipper to get them as cheaply as possible. To TH's point, driving up the price at this point is a chip karma thing.

To TH's point, driving up the price at this point is a chip karma thing.

I think it's worse than just driving up the price, had Payback come in with a story or offer, and then some else knowing this, comes in with an offer 3x paybacks offer, it might just ruin or sabotage his chances of getting the chips altogether.

For what it's worth, my personal opinion is that these should be reserved for a local chipper (@Payback, etc). @uclaure and I offered more than asking price before this was posted because the woman flat out did not want to ship and we tried to entice her into doing so. Once the listing was posted here, with a note saying that the seller did not want to ship, as a community we should want a local chipper to get them as cheaply as possible. To TH's point, driving up the price at this point is a chip karma thing.

+1

I agree with this, but obviously had no way of knowing Bill was interested at the time I made my offer to go get them as it was prior to the PCF post.

Either way I'm out.

Huh?

Sheesh...
I'm just busting your balls, I never made any offer. But if you think there's any "dibs" or whatever read this shit and see where it ended.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/paulson-whos-got-initials-lk.21678/

Happens all the time, just pointing it out. Same thing with the Stockton chips, etc....

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/700pc-thc-solids-for-50-in-ca.21608/

I'm just busting your balls, I never made any offer.

If this is the Case, your post might have been an attempt at humor, but could have significantly impacted any negotiations Payback might have had with the seller... you comsider that after hearing you offered $350 (and that that the seller was on the fence about it), that Payback might have altered/modified his offer? Costing him an extra $200 or more?

(n) :thumbsdown:

Next time, don't share the ad. Just buy them at posted price quietly then offer them here on PCF if you don't want them. Everybody wins.

If this is the Case, your post might have been an attempt at humor, but could have significantly impacted any negotiations Payback might have had with the seller... you comsider that after hearing you offered $350 (and that that the seller was on the fence about it), that Payback might have altered/modified his offer? Costing him an extra $200 or more?

(n) :thumbsdown:

Oh yeah, I forgot we are supposed to take advantage of unsuspecting rubes and then take care of our buddies by selling them to each other at greatly inflated prices. Or is there a market here where we "take care of each other" and resell these things for the 7 cents or 30 cents a piece that these get taken for and I'm just not aware of it?

Give me a break, somebody pays "full value" for these somewhere down the line and I'm supposed to feel sorry for someone who didn't get to rip somebody off and make a huge profit because something is pointed out to them by someone else and they just by chance happen to live nearby, and they have an opportunity to take advantage of someone?

Start selling some chips to "our community" for the 35 or 40 dollars a rack that you paid at Chip Room sales or the 40 dollars for 500 and I'll start buying into your spiel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom