Wanted Cash Set 400-600 - Flexible on type. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhat

Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Looking for a Cash Set of 400-600 pieces. The closer to the below the better, but does not need to be exact. Nothing set in my mind, could be BCC - Matsui - Paulson - Sunfly - Bud Jones. My budget is dependent on what is for sale, hope that doesn't sound terrible; but of late I am resorted to counting all the folks in for "Dibs" on a split and trying to determine if I can get the set down to the right size. Don't hate the idea of re-labelling if needed, not too interested in cleaning. Bonus points for Pink being involved (Like every other member I assume).

*Edit* Realize I didn't post my desired chip count, more based on chips being different, as will relabel if needed. Ideal is below, but flexible, also interested in a 5th chip for a couple barrels.

80 - 100
120 - 140
120 - 140
20 - 40

Couple links to sets below that I am saddened I missed on in the past bit, and info on why:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bcc-four-suits.49251/ - 100% timing, by the time I got some background info on the chips they were sold, although it's till up for sale o_O <- meant in fun, as close to the laughing emoji I could see.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...jones-cash-set-ends-9pm-edt-on-5-14-20.56580/ - Was waiting to hear back on a quote for Old School Sunflys, assuming they would have came in at the same price, didn't find out they were 30% more until the auction ended.

There have been so many helpful folks already, and to those that are maybe still waiting to hear back from me; I am really trying to get this right ... not sure if I want to become a Chipper full time, haha.

I am in Canada, the border isn't closed, willing to work out shipping details.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes, I am pretty interested in that, the pricing is great, colors look awesome, biggest hangup is working out the label. Ie to customize a bit? And likely nuke any resale value, or leave as is?

Also just has become clear to me that if I fall in love with something I may be willing to spend appropriately.

Last edited:
Yes, I am pretty interested in that, picjing colors, buggst hangup is working out the label. Ie to customize a bit? And likely nuke any resale value, or leave as is?

Also just has become clear to me that if I fall in love with something I may be willing to spend appropriately.

Get them as blanks then use @Gear labels

Thanks for the PMs, and suggestions to this point, will look into after work.

$1
$5
$20 or 25

Would also entertain a 5th different chip to make a barrel for $2.50

I would recommend picking up some samples and deciding what chips you like the best before deciding on an entire set!

Majestics from Apache are a fantastic starter set, + you can buy them as blanks and relabel with any design you can come up with. + Gear is super helpful in the design process + There are some other designers on PCF that do some incredible work as well.

Totally about finding out what chips you like best and then going from there! A majority of chips are customizable after you decide what you want. Have fun in the search! (Also - All of us highly recommend posting lots of pictures of what you end up with! Most of us have an unhealthy relationship with beautiful chips :x)

I can safely eliminate China Clay's, and the higher end Paulson sets ie similar to the Cali set yesterday.

Been very interested in numerous BCC sets. My backup appears to be the Sunfly Prestige GB ending in a couple weeks.

Personal preference has me avoiding Lady Lucks (Outside of the Pink Fracs) and the Cincinnati sets.

I can safely eliminate China Clay's, and the higher end Paulson sets ie similar to the Cali set yesterday.

Been very interested in numerous BCC sets. My backup appears to be the Sunfly Prestige GB ending in a couple weeks.

Personal preference has me avoiding Lady Lucks (Outside of the Pink Fracs) and the Cincinnati sets.
That HP set I wouldnt really say was "high end", much more mid tier. It was ~2 a chip average.

High end would be the boat chip sets (Big Top Poker, Empress star, Aurora Star, Pacific Star, sunset beach etc) and lakeshores :D you're looking at $4-$15 per chip either those sets.

Try to get a few samples first. In the buck per chip range you can get used Paulsons or SunFly Hybrids. Both are good options it all depends what you like. Personally, I love Paulsons but used Paulson chips that are dinged up and have flea bites annoy me. At the buck per chip range I would be inclined to go with a SunFly chip.

However, everyone is different. If the flea bites and some wear doesn't bother you then by all means get some used Paulsons as the feel cannot be beat.

That HP set I wouldnt really say was "high end", much more mid tier. It was ~2 a chip average.

High end would be the boat chip sets (Big Top Poker, Empress star, Aurora Star, Pacific Star, sunset beach etc) and lakeshores :D you're looking at $4-$15 per chip either those sets.

Yeah, realized I kinda word that wrong afterwards, as that set would certainly have been in play if I had a moment to think about it; didn't have the chance to do the math on re-selling. Maybe high impact would have been a better term.

If you find something you want you have to be quick, snap it up and figure it out once you have them. Good stuff goes quickly, I’ve sold $3k+ sets in less than 10 minutes.

If you find something you want you have to be quick, snap it up and figure it out once you have them. Good stuff goes quickly, I’ve sold $3k+ sets in less than 10 minutes.

Learning this for sure, page is on constant refresh lol.

Funny, first weekend login was like I sure like these .14c Monte Carlos ... now its like I guess I better have $1400 in the PayPal account to have a chance :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :laugh:

I promise good price if you’re interested

256EFFCA-3089-4B9D-AA9A-364D2D27CF4D.png
68295172-A86E-4E04-B427-2935C7C56254.png
3CC90553-C9ED-4127-9C67-3D5CC74333AA.png
7DE5F0D7-6DD2-4883-9B34-F93390DF26C7.png
1DDF934B-41AD-4D0F-8758-CA0B1B4AEC78.png

:( The struggle continues ... this is only the 3rd time so far :tdown:

Attachments

• 20200604_082844.jpg
    20200604_082844.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 83
For the relative low-cash-outlay, I'd recommend just getting a set of (unaltered) Prestige hybrids from the group buy, and then taking your time to find, purchase, and/or piece-together a more upscale set to your liking, if you still feel the need. You can always sell off the Prestige chips later, if you find something you like better (or keep both sets, if you evolve like most members here....).

Group buys are often like that elusive 'strike while the iron is hot' opportunity, except the iron is usually plugged in for a bit longer. But once cold, often gone for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom