Not open for further replies.

Hotus777

Flush
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello PCF,

I'm looking for a reasonably priced $1/$2 cash game set. I was looking at the jumers set as it seems in my price range, but if you know of something cheaper or near that price please share. I'm hoping to find a VG+ set, not looking for tires (majestics), they don't have to be minty though.

Fracs $.25 or $.50 x 100 (maybe)
$1 chips x 200 (needed)
$5 chips x 200 (needed)
$25 x 40 (maybe)
$100 x 40 (maybe)
$500 x 20 (maybe)

Don't really need the $25 - $500 chips, but if it makes my racks look pretty, by all means post some photos. I've searched through forums and black friday sales from vendors, but most seem to be sold out.

There’s a Diamond Jack sale coming up from a vendor called TheChipRoom within the next week or two that should fit your needs for a set, although there may not be any fracs in that sale. you may have to buy those separate.

There’s also some really great sales right now in classifieds. Good luck!

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/members/thechiproom.17/

There’s a Diamond Jack sale coming up from a vendor called TheChipRoom within the next week or two that should fit your needs for a set, although there may not be any fracs in that sale. you may have to buy those separate.

There’s also some really great sales right now in classifieds. Good luck!

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/members/thechiproom.17/
I know! I’ve been waiting, but not much info has been provided even through messaging the vendor

I love this set, but it’s a little out of my price range. Thanks for sharing!
I wouldn't buy those for $2/chip, since you can get them new from the manufacturer for $2.25 per chip.
But if you're looking for compressed clays, especially paulsons, in vg+ condition, you'll probably have to do some shopping to find them for much less than that. As I recall, the mint Jumers started a $2 per chip and went up from there, so I'd expect similar pricing on the Diamond Jacks.

I know! I’ve been waiting, but not much info has been provided even through messaging the vendor
Just be patient, based on some comments in the sales thread Jim @TheChipRoom usually does sales a couple weeks after the sample set sale.

Also, remember that site vendors try to keep things as fair possible for everyone here. Jim will likely not respond to PM's regarding an upcoming sale.

I'm in the same situation putting together a micro cash set so good luck man. We're prolly looking at different chips tho so no worries. I'm putting a micro cash set of Jack Detroits and looking for $5s now.

However, thought I'd add to the thread in the sense that... I have to be honest. I'm not entirely sure how these vendor sales go. I see he's unpacking a ton of chips and they'll prolly go on sale soon but how's it all work and when are prices posted and are dibs happening now or after the actual sale. Little confusing I'm not gonna lie.

I wouldn't buy those for $2/chip, since you can get them new from the manufacturer for $2.25 per chip.
But if you're looking for compressed clays, especially paulsons, in vg+ condition, you'll probably have to do some shopping to find them for much less than that. As I recall, the mint Jumers started a $2 per chip and went up from there, so I'd expect similar pricing on the Diamond Jacks.

Solid point. I glanced quickly and thought I saw 05 CDIs.

I'm in the same situation putting together a micro cash set so good luck man. We're prolly looking at different chips tho so no worries. I'm putting a micro cash set of Jack Detroits and looking for $5s now.

However, thought I'd add to the thread in the sense that... I have to be honest. I'm not entirely sure how these vendor sales go. I see he's unpacking a ton of chips and they'll prolly go on sale soon but how's it all work and when are prices posted and are dibs happening now or after the actual sale. Little confusing I'm not gonna lie.
There will be specific instructions provided in the sales thread. You can check out the instructions on page 1 of the black friday sale and the Lake Elsinore sale if you want to get a better idea how these work.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/black-friday-sale.97257/
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/lake-elsinore-sahara-dunes-sale-thread.95394/

Just be a little patient and watch his vendor forum. He will post with plenty of advance warning about when the sale will be.

.....However, thought I'd add to the thread in the sense that... I have to be honest. I'm not entirely sure how these vendor sales go. I see he's unpacking a ton of chips and they'll prolly go on sale soon but how's it all work and when are prices posted and are dibs happening now or after the actual sale. Little confusing I'm not gonna lie.
Go back and look at some of his previous sales threads. You can pretty much count on this one going down in a similar way as past sales. Start at the beginning of the sales thread and read at least up through when the sale goes live. It'll give you a good idea of how this one will work.

He has had so many recently that it is a little hard to keep track. Jumers, Indiana Grand, Jack Cincinatti, Lake Elsinore, Horseshoe Southern Indiana, Tropicana Evansville, Majestic Star, Sahara Dunes etc

I have a couple sets that might work for you. Will PM a little later.
Awesome man, let me know what you when you get a chance.

Thank you all for your feedback, I hope to find a set soon! I just returned my Amazon Outlaw set, which was pretty nice, but after my Jumers sample set, i can't go back!

It's also worth noting i purchased a Majestics sample set, but those rounded edges were definitely a turn off. As noted on my post, I'm trying to stay away from that :)

Hello PCF,

I'm looking for a reasonably priced $1/$2 cash game set. I was looking at the jumers set as it seems in my price range, but if you know of something cheaper or near that price please share. I'm hoping to find a VG+ set, not looking for tires (majestics), they don't have to be minty though.

Fracs $.25 or $.50 x 100 (maybe)
$1 chips x 200 (needed)
$5 chips x 200 (needed)
$25 x 40 (maybe)
$100 x 40 (maybe)
$500 x 20 (maybe)

Don't really need the $25 - $500 chips, but if it makes my racks look pretty, by all means post some photos. I've searched through forums and black friday sales from vendors, but most seem to be sold out.
Looking for a clarification on what you stated here. First line states you want chips for a $1/$2 game. Then you ask for fracs and a bank of only $1200. (the ones marked needed) $1200 bank is not even enough for many $0.25/0.50 games. My regular game plays $0.50/0.50 rotating NLHE and PLO with regular bomb pots and our full table of 10 got at least $3K on the table last night.

If you want a set for anything from $0.25/0.50 up to $1/2, you'll need something more like this

25c x 100 (some will say up to 200)
$1 x 200
$5 x 300 (many prefer 400)
$25 x 200
$100 x 40 (minimum. A full rack would be better)

That's a bank of nearly $11K (using the smaller numbers) but if you play $1/2 with the typical 200 BB buyins, That's $4K on the table before re-buys. You definitely don't want to run out of chips if you have players in the mood to gambol!

For reasonably priced chips, there are tons of Horseshoe, Jack, Indiana Grand and others from recent TCR sales where most of the chips are available at around $150-200 a rack. Fracs and hundos will cost a bit more, but you don't need that many of them. If you have a white $1s chip then just look for a reasonably priced blue $1 to murder and relabel for your frac.

Looking for a clarification on what you stated here. First line states you want chips for a $1/$2 game. Then you ask for fracs and a bank of only $1200. (the ones marked needed) $1200 bank is not even enough for many $0.25/0.50 games. My regular game plays $0.50/0.50 rotating NLHE and PLO with regular bomb pots and our full table of 10 got at least $3K on the table last night.

If you want a set for anything from $0.25/0.50 up to $1/2, you'll need something more like this

25c x 100 (some will say up to 200)
$1 x 200
$5 x 300 (many prefer 400)
$25 x 200
$100 x 40 (minimum. A full rack would be better)

That's a bank of nearly $11K (using the smaller numbers) but if you play $1/2 with the typical 200 BB buyins, That's $4K on the table before re-buys. You definitely don't want to run out of chips if you have players in the mood to gambol!

For reasonably priced chips, there are tons of Horseshoe, Jack, Indiana Grand and others from recent TCR sales where most of the chips are available at around $150-200 a rack. Fracs and hundos will cost a bit more, but you don't need that many of them. If you have a white $1s chip then just look for a reasonably priced blue $1 to murder and relabel for your frac.

I may not have rich friends like you lol, we just started playing and more than $100 starting stacks (we started at $40) might be steep for some of them. That's 9 players $900 worth of chips, don't think more is needed at the moment. If I ever decided to up the stakes and get more friends to join in, then I'll decide then to get more chips. I think it's worth mentioning I purchased a rack of $25 chips that I may throw into this set just for a bigger bank.

I'd like to add that you are doing this right by skipping over the china clays and other cheaper chips and going straight to Paulsons. I probably spent well over $1000 on cheaper chips before coming to this realization myself. I still love all my china clay chips, but you'll save a lot of money in the long run by going this route.

Even if you start out with only 400 chips and play smaller games, just be sure to get chips that it will be easy to add on to later. Because you will want to add on if you only start with $1200 bank.

I may not have rich friends like you lol, we just started playing and more than $100 starting stacks (we started at $40) might be steep for some of them. That's 9 players $900 worth of chips, don't think more is needed at the moment. If I ever decided to up the stakes and get more friends to join in, then I'll decide then to get more chips. I think it's worth mentioning I purchased a rack of $25 chips that I may throw into this set just for a bigger bank.

It's not about having rich friends. I've played many, many games with $10-$40 buyins. But for maximum enjoyment, you need to match your game to your playing budget. For buyins in that range, I strongly suggest you play nickel/dime blinds. That is ALL I played for many years, even before coming here to PCF. But if you are playing $1/2 with $40 buyins, that's just strange.

Don't feel bad at all man, my home games we buy in for $20 and nickel and quarter our way into maybe a total table of $300 by nights end. Just started cash games and 5 years of tournament style with CC chips. Same $20 buy ins. It's why I still have friends. I'm glad I bought CC first it gives me something to let my adult boys run their friends games when they want to borrow my chips. Can you imagine when I get my remaining $5 barrels in hand (shameless plug) can you imagine me letting the boys leave the house with my nanuk 910 full of jacks lol. Never. Everyone's situation is unique.

It's not about having rich friends. I've played many, many games with $10-$40 buyins. But for maximum enjoyment, you need to match your game to your playing budget. For buyins in that range, I strongly suggest you play nickel/dime blinds. That is ALL I played for many years, even before coming here to PCF. But if you are playing $1/2 with $40 buyins, that's just strange.
Yeah my games started with $20 buy-ins and are bigger now. Most of us aren't in "rich friends" crowd but games evolve over time. Everyone is just trying to impart some good wisdom on you. I definitely would not play 1/2 with $40 buy ins. Just play like .25/.25 with $50 buyins. I would avoid nickel dime just to have to buy less chips as they can be hard to find without relabeling. Your bank is fine as a .25/.50 game though.

Yeah my games started with $20 buy-ins and are bigger now. Most of us aren't in "rich friends" crowd but games evolve over time. Everyone is just trying to impart some good wisdom on you. I definitely would not play 1/2 with $40 buy ins. Just play like .25/.25 with $50 buyins. I would avoid nickel dime just to have to buy less chips as they can be hard to find without relabeling. Your bank is fine as a .25/.50 game though.
ya, that's a great point. I'm trying to find all the denoms I need for Jack Detroits. I've got 1 racks of 1s, Working on a rack of snappers as quarters and really trying to fill my $5s. Perhaps I should just do more 5s and quarters or get a second rack of snappers to turn into quarters and just forget the nickels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom