Case Pr0n/Info/Discussion (1 Viewer)

MegaTon44

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I started getting into Pelican cases this year. I don't particularly need them as my chips generally stay in the vault (aka my barrister bookcases) and I collect wooden cases on top of these. However, that never stops us degenerates from going overboard.

My collection (all with intact foam, for now)

1200 - little guy - to be used for wife's gun and maybe a box of ammo

iM2600 (Storm Case) - probably could haul 1000-1500 chips nicely. Lighter and will be my go-to for quick chip transport

1600 - Bigger and heavier than the Storm Case, but more durable. Probably could haul 1500-2000 chips easily.

1660 - Big fuckin case - could likely fit a body in there. I had around 5000 chips in there during the Massacre in Manheim meetup back in 2017. Probably could fit like 10k chips if I removed the foam.

Note: Besides the 1200, I bought all these gently used with full foam for about 1/3 list price. If you don't think you can afford a Pelican, please search Facebook marketplace, eBay, OfferUp, Letgo, Craigslist, etc. Great deals are out there

20190924_173117.jpg

20190924_173230.jpg

20190924_173131.jpg

20190924_173147.jpg

20190924_175952.jpg

20190924_173345.jpg

If you have any pics, questions, or thoughts, please feel free to share.

Last edited:
What a gorgeous set up! Can I ask what those racks are and where to buy?
They are covered 4x25 racks. The advantage to using these instead of regular racks is that you needn’t have all the racks full, and can carry fewer chips without anything sloshing around. I can’t remember the vendor I got them from, but several of the major vendors usually carry them.

Noteworthy to mention that lower-budget cases such as Apache (Harbor Freight) and Members Mark (Sams Club) are also reasonably-priced alternatives.

Have you plastidipped any of your foam? I tried with one set of mine and I wasn't super happy with how the foam looked afterwards but it is definitely more durable
Yeah I didn’t mind it but I could see it not being everyone’s favorite.

Note the unsecured piece of foam isn’t plastidipped but the rest is.
6F0C4BC5-839A-4C71-95E9-5C897A01957F.jpeg

I really like this SRA photographer’s case. Not bomb proof like the other padded cases but great for transporting to road games.

I love all the people on here that are handy or use professional services. Why? Because that’s not me.

No pick and pluck? Ain’t nobody got time or money for anything other than an exacto knife!

image.jpg

So how many does that hold? That's a lot of space in between barrels isn't it?
Lol a crap ton (of space in between). Case is going to someone in France, chipsll go in something else over there. Held just over 1k the way it’s setup now.

Edit: I’ll end up custom ordering as you did or doing something else for my storage. Just can’t decide if I want to really spend or not, as long term will be one of those 1000 lb+ liberty safes or such once we move back to California.

Marhault and others were correct. Wtf you doing with this rifle case and 12k chips? Well I ran out of time, we leave tomorrow, and Pelicans seemed like a safe bet to chuck something in and stay safe. So I messaged my guy and said hey I’ll take one or two more, he gave me a nice deal.

Then these showed up just now. I should’ve looked at what the hell the sizes were (that’s a 3 and a 1/2 foot child). Cause I’m gonna need a whole lot more chips....

SIdenote, anyone in France need a Pelican?

10EB01BD-BB27-4168-A535-A0465403ED96.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom