Case for Transporting Chips (1 Viewer)

IMG_4242.JPG
FYP :D

Looking forward to hearing how you took down the tourney!

Until I play a game with them, they don't "feel" like mine.... My checkbook would say otherwise. I'm so glad they fit 3 deep in the pelican case. Perfect fit.

Sparty, I love that! I'm thinking of upgrading pics of mine. We play this weekend so I'll have it out.

The lid organizer shows just how flexible that can be. Obviously the Poker Genie fits in it. That's good to know if I ever decide to get one.

The racks do allow you to stack them deeper while having more padding. I'm a fan of the boxes, but you've shown how racks can be more compact. It looks like you cut for less extra space than I did. Do you find it hard to get the racks out? If you do, I have a some ideas I'll share to make getting them out easier. One is one more round of pick-n-pluck foam removed on 2 sides to give you some extra room. I doubt your chips would shift enough to matter. Another is some type of strap, or maybe 2, round each stack of racks. I'm thinking Velcrose -- 2 strips for each of the 4 stacks. You could easily pull 3 racks out at once. You could also cut out a notch on either end. Even if you don't need any of those, someone else might benefit from them.

I considered cutting mine for 1,000; 1,200; 1,400; 1,500; and 1,600. You could easily go to 1,600 with one more row, and probably 2,000 with two rows. One thing I love about Pelicans (and range bags) is that you can customize them for a varying number of chips. Once you cut the foam, you are probably limited to a set number, but you could get extra foam if you needed flexibility. For me, I can easily carry a range bag with the Pelican for 1,800 chips if necessary without much strain from the Pelican because of the wheels.

You pic shows why I call mine a "tournament in a box."

Great job!

I realized I have not posted pics of my Pelican on this site. Here's what I primarily use:

View attachment 3746View attachment 3747View attachment 3748
Here's what I posted about it on another site:

I have a Pelican case, and I love it. I went with the smaller 1510 and got the lid organizer. It's a rolling case. Mine is set up to hold 1000 chips in 4x25 plastic boxes, and a bag I can carry my bankroll in. I called it my "tournament in a box" kit.

In the lid organizer, I have 14 decks of cards (and it could hold 18 or 19), 2 timers, extra batteries, dealer buttons, and card protectors. This lid organizer for this size case would not allow as many poker size decks -- 10 or 11 at most.

You can order custom cut foam, but I cut my own using the pick-n-pluck foam that comes in the case. One great thing is that you could order extra foam and cut it to a different configuration if you wanted to. I was originally going to custom cut a place to put cards, but realized I could easily fit 14 decks of bridge-size cards (10-11 poker size) in the lid organizer, thus saving me from having a cut out area for cards.

Instead of using the screws to install the lid organizer, I attached Velcro to the inside of the lid and the back of the organizer. That way, if I don't need what's in the lid, I could easily remove it and put the foam top back in.

The case can easily be rolled and carried to another location. For me, most of the time it is rolled from a closet to the dining room, but I’ve taken it on the road several times. At the end of the game, I reload it and it is ready to go to the next event.

I don't really think of its protective aspects as much as I think of the convenience. However, it's hard for me to imagine a tougher, more flexible case that is easy to transport. With shipping, the whole thing came to less than $200.
@horseshoez

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom