Carenage Club - Cash Game Set (Order Placed! Sample Sets?) (1 Viewer)

Example of the updated inlay size (side-by-side with prior version) - ship is 11% larger, other pieces shrunk/repositioned a little less than that to accommodate the upsizing:
upload_2016-11-20_9-28-43.png

The word is French in origin - the last syllable is pronounced "naj". Per wikipedia, the name is derived from the practice of careening (i.e., beaching, "carénage" in French) sailing vessels for maintenance. It's used in multiple Caribbean locations as the term for the waterfront area of the main bay. About St. George's:
grenada-st-georges.jpg

One of the prettiest port towns in the Caribbean, the capital city of St. George's curves along a horseshoe-shaped harbor backed by volcanic hills. This colorful capital is popular with yachters who dock in the busy harbor of Carenage. Brick and stone buildings with red tiled roofs line the streets where locals sell spices and crafts. One of the main attractions in the city is Fort George, built by the French in the early 18th century, and Fort Frederick offers beautiful views of St. George's. Housed in a 1704 French barracks and former prison, the Grenada National Museum displays a hodgepodge of historical items including Carib and Arawak artifacts and exhibits on the sugar and whaling industries. St. George's Market Square is home to the popular Saturday morning market as well as local events. Among the town's other attractions are the Sendall Tunnel, built in 1895, which joins the Carenage to the Esplanade, and the Bay Gardens with more than 3,000 species of Caribbean plants.

^that picture inspired the first version I presented to Sean....but at test print detail was so high it only would of benefited from 1 1/16"
IMG_20161104_220232.jpg

I think some detail on the ship might get lost at that size, particularly w/how the light reflects off the texture of those ships.

Consider bumping the inlay to the next size up to let the ship shine a little more?.

^^^1000 times this^^^ Do the 1" inlays with the DiaSq. I have a couple thousand chips on DiaSq with the 1" and they look great and your inlay will be happy for the extra room.

Oh, and in for a sample!

I will do a side by side mockup and live print of the two sizes. The logo was designed with a 7/8 inlay in mind so there isn't much detail so to speak. In fact about the only features that suffer from the scale are the british and French flags.
That said the logo on the dealer puck will have much more detail. Like visable board and plank work on the ship's hull, better shading on the sails, ect.

I do like the look of the 7/8 on the CSQ. The new enlarged artwork on the 7/8 takes care of my concerns with the small art. It looks even better now that some of the white space between elements has been reduced.(y) :thumbsup:

Final line-up! This now includes a non-denominated chip (suggested by @Mental Nomad and echoed by others - thanks!) with a somewhat different look to stand out a bit more (1/4 pie, plus dayglo colors).

Really appreciate all the input! Going to place the order very soon (for about 1600 chips, give or take a couple hundred), and hopefully be playing with these by late winter / early spring! And if there's interest in sample sets, happy to do that, though would appreciate some insight on how that works, safe-shipping suggestions, etc.

And once again, big thanks to @Quicksilver-75 for doing all the inlay art (including a dealer button, a draft of which is also attached). Super responsive, really nice, great ideas.

- Sean

Final Lineup (11.22).png
DRAFT (for posting) - Dealer surface1b.jpg

UPDATE: Order Placed - Sample Sets?: The order has been placed with CPC. There's a short window of time to add chips to the order for sample sets, so please let me know by the end of the day Monday, November 28 if you'd like a sample set. I can then private message about payment (Venmo or Paypal) and the shipping address info.

10¢ chip: $1.52
25¢ chip: $1.52
$1 chip: $1.91
$5 chip: $2.13
$20 chip: $2.13
$50 chip: 1.91
$100 chip: $3.88
Non-denominated chip: $2.02
CHIP TOTAL: $17.02
Shipping: [?] - given the sample set is 8 chips, should this go in a small box (USPS flat rate), or will they be safe in a padded envelope? Assuming Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box, that is $6.80. A bubble mailer is probably $2.80? If anyone has some good advice on this, would appreciate it.
TOTAL COST (INCLUDING SMALL BOX SHIPPING): $23.82 (and if the bubble mailer would work safely, then presumably this goes down by about $4)

You can private message or post in the thread, and I'll add you to the list. I'll message those who have expressed interest in a sample above, just to confirm.

Bubble mailer should be fine, just wrap in plastic wrap so the chips are not loose and banging into each other during the process.

And in for one.

I've private message'd those who expressed interest in a sample set, thanks for wanting to get in on the action!

Now we play the waiting game!

Sure thing, chipjoker, I PM'd you.

Orders placed/paid at both CPC (chips) and OWPS (dealer buttons).

Any further development on these? I'm still waiting on my sample set, and I don't recall seeing any pics of these in the pr0n section.

Any further development on these? I'm still waiting on my sample set, and I don't recall seeing any pics of these in the pr0n section.
Interesting for sure, esp. as he hasn't been on since late Jan. Very cool set so I hope we seen some pr0n soon.

As an aside, be prepared for people who don't know better saying, "that's not how you spell carnage" :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom