Care and Maintenance of BCC Chips (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Just got some Grand Card Room Aquasino chips which I'm really excited about, but couldn't find any thread about caring for and maintaining them.

I know with CPC chips that the chips shouldn't be dunked in a pot of water, for example, and that they should be hand washed only with a cloth. Paulsons, on the other hand, are ok to be dunked.

I would imagine that BCC is more on the CPC end of the spectrum to utilize caution with cleaning, is that right?

I'm definitely oiling them, by the way, but just wanted to see what cleaning practices are acceptable.

Congrats on your new acquisition!

I've dunked my BCC chips, but not for long, in warm (not hot) water with no ill effects. If they're dirty, I use Dawn dishwashing liquid and a cloth or soft toothbrush.

Congrats on your new acquisition!

I've dunked my BCC chips, but not for long, in warm (not hot) water with no ill effects. If they're dirty, I use Dawn dishwashing liquid and a cloth or soft toothbrush.
Thanks!

They're not dirty, and are actually in really good condition. I think a 30 second soak in soapy water, letting them air dry, and oiling them is what I'm going to do!

Thanks!

They're not dirty, and are actually in really good condition. I think a 30 second soak in soapy water, letting them air dry, and oiling them is what I'm going to do!

Sounds like a plan! I'm sure you know this already, but drying them with a towel before letting them air dry is a good idea.

Have fun!

Sounds like a plan! I'm sure you know this already, but drying them with a towel before letting them air dry is a good idea.

Have fun!
Yep! Double layered paper towels have done the trick for me. Just wanted to make sure the chips wouldn't melt like the wicked witch of the west if I dunked them in water.

I have hand washed 800 garden city BCC $2 chips. Dunked in warm, nearly hot soapy water and no issues. These are chips with the large inlay FWIW.

Congrats!! Can't speak specifically to your BCCs, but my BCC Samurais are very durable. I put them in the sink, 100 at a time, add soap, fill the sink with hot water and wash the shit out of them. Then re oil
Nothing like CPCs.

I've been doing this for 5 or 6 years, every couple of months, with zero negative impact.

They still stack a mile high!! :)

20170203_035121.jpg

I would imagine that BCC is more on the CPC end of the spectrum to utilize caution with cleaning, is that right?

I'm definitely oiling them, by the way, but just wanted to see what cleaning practices are acceptable.
Blue Chip chips are much closer in composition (and manufacturing process) to Paulsons than ASM/CPC chips. They were made by the former owners of the Paulson operation, using similar processes and materials....just with less quality control on occasion. ;)

Cleaning and oiling methods used with Paulson chips will be safe for BCC chips. They tend to be a bit harder, and some colors really benefit from light oiling.

Blue Chip chips are much closer in composition (and manufacturing process) to Paulsons than ASM/CPC chips. They were made by the former owners of the Paulson operation, using similar processes and materials....just with less quality control on occasion. ;)

Cleaning and oiling methods used with Paulson chips will be safe for BCC chips. They tend to be a bit harder, and some colors really benefit from light oiling.
I agree. They're definitely more on the Paulson end of the spectrum in terms of feel and consistency.

I've actually found that the darker colors benefit more from the oiling than the already bright colors. The black chips really are popping after oiling.

Man, oil really makes the darker chips SHINE. The orange and purple are already radiant and had only a minor color change with oiling.

20191122_231036.jpg
20191122_231124.jpg
20191122_231019.jpg
20191122_231027.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom