Cards to work with a shuffletech 1000? (1 Viewer)

Tapestry

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience and recomendations of.card types to use in a shuffletech machine? I want to try some different deck types other than Copag. Ive tried Kem but they dont work well.
Thoughts?

As long as they're poker sized, plastic and relatively clean, I haven't run across any brands that won't work. Copag, Modiano, J Design, Dal Negro, Fournier, NTP, Guild, etc. The machine starts jamming more often when the cards get dirty and start sticking to each other more.

Thats good to know. I dont run old cards and I'm diligent about cleaning down the machine between each session and touch wood ive not had a breakdown yet mid game. I always use two decks to speed up play and it will be nice to ring the changes with some new stand out card back designs.

I have one of the original models and they work well with all of the cards that Irish mentioned. The only cards that I have ever had issues with were KEM cards for some reason. But then again, the KEM cards that I owned were used WSOP cards that had some decent mileage on them. If they were new I might not have had any of the issue, but then again the new models might have remedied that issue already.

Desjgn cards work well with the shufflers, but I don't have any experience with the other brands. As long as it's poker size, and not too thick, they should work just fine.

Their marketing material sure indicates that but i cant actually see anywhere to buy them in Europe or the UK. They look interesting has anyone else had experience of them. I might go down the import route if they're good enough.

Someone was asking about this in a recent Sale thread too (@JeepologyOffroad if I'm not mistaken).

I tried out Desjgn poker size cards last night for the first time. We played for about 6 hours and didn't experience a single jam. This makes me quite happy, as (imo) the Desjgn cards are far superior in feel to the recommended COPAG cards.

Will continue to try out some different brands and report back. As I have a bunch of bridge size Desjgn and KEM cards too, I'll give those a test as well!

I had lots of jams (it unjammed itself almost all the time but still....) with desjgn cards. No problems with copag or fournier...

Edit: all cards used were brand new

I had lots of jams (it unjammed itself almost all the time but still....) with desjgn cards. No problems with copag or fournier...

Edit: all cards used were brand new
I should clarify, my definition of a jam is having to manually go in and remove cards and purge the system. There were a handful of times last night that a card got stuck for a brief moment, but the shuffler was able to correct without issue without any major delay. It was also a brand new deck of Desjgn cards. This happened using Copags as well though. I've used the shuffler now in ca. 5 sessions - I've only experience one single jam that I had to manually fix in that time (with Copags), which I'd say is a pretty good track record so far.

I'll keep testing at future games.

Really, my only complaint with the Shuffletech at this point is just how loud it is. I didn't notice it the first couple of games, but last night I found myself somewhat annoyed with the noise.

Last edited:
I should clarify, my definition of a jam is having to manually go in and remove cards and purge the system. There were a handful of times last night that a card got stuck for a brief moment, but the shuffler was able to correct without issue without any major delay. It was also a brand new deck of Desjgn cards.

I'll keep testing at future games.
Samething i was saying, but there were a few times i had to unjam them manually. Plus the jamming (also the ones the machine is able to unjam by itself) worries me qbout the mechanics of the shuffler getting worn or broke, so me personally i will stay away from other cards than fournier or copag. The shuffler is the biggest game changer imo, so many more hands are played at my games... If my players had to choose to keep one piece of equipment they all would choose the shuffler (no chance for the custom table, the chips, etc)

The following have worked well for me: Desjgn (older card stock works a bit better than new dal negro IMO), COPAG, Modiano, and Da Vinci.

My KEM cards have worked perfect. Does bridge size work at all? I can't imagine it does, but just wondering.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom