Cards most similar to Gemaco Superflex? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I bought 2 sets a couple years ago and they both got destroyed by letting random people play at my place. Went to replace them recently and everyone is out of stock except kardwell, who I've been hearing nothing but bad things about. Apparently Gemaco is no longer selling to the public.

What other brand of cards would be closest to these? I really like that thick, snappy feel with the smooth grit texture and really solid dark ink they use. The only other cards I have used are kems and copags, which both feel like cheap thin bendy junk to me, and especially the red on the kems is terrible - hard for me to see, looks like neon reddish orange!

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately that's not super helpful as it doesn't say which Gemaco cards he tested, and given the floppiness I would say it's not superflex...they are super thick and hard. Looking around apparently the Karwell monte carlos are supeflex at half the price..may be worth taking a risk.

Gian, who makes desjn?

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately that's not super helpful as it doesn't say which Gemaco cards he tested, and given the floppiness I would say it's not superflex...they are super thick and hard. Looking around apparently the Karwell monte carlos are supeflex at half the price..may be worth taking a risk.

Gian, who makes desjn?
@desjgn is a vendor here, if you go down to the marketplace section you can see his forum with an ordering links thread.

PM me if you want. I can talk you through using the database and then you can find something good for you.

I’ve had two different kinds of Gemaco cards, both were from kardwell and advertised as superflex, one was poker-sized and pretty stiff, and felt almost identical to desjgn cards, the other was bridge-sized and very soft, and felt like a dream to shuffle, except they were warped worse than Kems, so they’re pretty much unusable.

I’ve had two different kinds of Gemaco cards, both were from kardwell and advertised as superflex, one was poker-sized and pretty stiff, and felt almost identical to desjgn cards, the other was bridge-sized and very soft, and felt like a dream to shuffle, except they were warped worse than Kems, so they’re pretty much unusable.
Yeah I think those are the VERY old Superflex, I found some of those locally and they felt almost like Kems, a bit rubbery and thin.

I would say Cartamundi Ace made in India, close in feel but less durable

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom