CARDS MOLD MOCKUP (1 Viewer)

DrBill

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
This is the direction I think I'm headed for a 1000 piece cards mold set. Is the inlay too busy? How do y'all think the colors mesh? (Thanks @DCM1986 for helping with the files from the original inspiration with the Aria set.)

cards_mold_custom.jpg

I am fond of the $10 chip but with a $20 chip also in your set the 10 becomes a redundant denomination...I would suggest changing the $10 to a $100 or something else to get better value.. Otherwise be aware that the manufacturer may simplify the colour scheme so the red shade used may be common throughout the set along with other colours...the non-denominational 5 will likely be printed with the same red as the $5 denominated.....

I'm not sure if the red's are options or if one is a 5cent chip....... i'd suggest a different colour than using red for both.

I am fond of the $10 chip but with a $20 chip also in your set the 10 becomes a redundant denomination...I would suggest changing the $10 to a $100 or something else to get better value.. Otherwise be aware that the manufacturer may simplify the colour scheme so the red shade used may be common throughout the set along with other colours...the non-denominational 5 will likely be printed with the same red as the $5 denominated.....

I'm not sure if the red's are options or if one is a 5cent chip....... i'd suggest a different colour than using red for both.
Thanks for the feedback! I thought they may do something like that with the colors. Wasn't sure though. As far as the non-denom 5, that was more so another option for the color way for the $5 as well as a different background for the inlay.

As far as the $10 to $20 goes, I've always liked how different places such as the Bellagio or the Taj have both of these chips in their offerings. For the games we play, it makes it more likely that the chips will be used while also adding some variety to the table.

ALSO, I'm thinking about making the black on the $20 purple instead. Not sure.

Thanks for the feedback! I thought they may do something like that with the colors. Wasn't sure though. As far as the non-denom 5, that was more so another option for the color way for the $5 as well as a different background for the inlay.

As far as the $10 to $20 goes, I've always liked how different places such as the Bellagio or the Taj have both of these chips in their offerings. For the games we play, it makes it more likely that the chips will be used while also adding some variety to the table.

ALSO, I'm thinking about making the black on the $20 purple instead. Not sure.
I hear ya, on having different chip offerings. I have a big cards mold set and a CPC set on order that will be secondary/primary respectively. my primary set has $10 chips.....then secondary has $20 chips and 5cent chips with both sets sporting .25,1,5,25,100,500,1000,5000 chips. With the size of each set its doubtful a single 1/2 table would exceed the 10 or 20 chips depending on which set is live.

I hear ya, on having different chip offerings. I have a big cards mold set and a CPC set on order that will be secondary/primary respectively. my primary set has $10 chips.....then secondary has $20 chips and 5cent chips with both sets sporting .25,1,5,25,100,500,1000,5000 chips. With the size of each set its doubtful a single 1/2 table would exceed the 10 or 20 chips depending on which set is live.
That's a great thought!

This is the comparison of various cards chips with colour comparisons that show the similarity issue that can come up. So long as you know this in advance it allows for a informed design. Cards Mold Comparison

This is a link to my chips the inlay is basic and old school but the primary/secondary sets allow for either set to be use as tourney or cash and both sets are large enough that on their own they could field as a .25/.25 or .05/0.05 to 1/2NL cash set at the same time as working for a tournament structure using the 25+ chips for tourney's. If a cash set exceeds its bank when the same set chips are used in a tournament then the secondary/primary chip not in play can be used for the next higher denom in the cash game so as to avoid any cross play of chips. Or in my complete fantasy I could run a small room but that is just a day dream.
Sloth Club (preview)

This is the comparison of various cards chips with colour comparisons that show the similarity issue that can come up. So long as you know this in advance it allows for a informed design. Cards Mold Comparison

This is a link to my chips the inlay is basic and old school but the primary/secondary sets allow for either set to be use as tourney or cash and both sets are large enough that on their own they could field as a .25/.25 or .05/0.05 to 1/2NL cash set at the same time as working for a tournament structure using the 25+ chips for tourney's. If a cash set exceeds its bank when the same set chips are used in a tournament then the secondary/primary chip not in play can be used for the next higher denom in the cash game so as to avoid any cross play of chips. Or in my complete fantasy I could run a small room but that is just a day dream.
Sloth Club (preview)
Thanks for the heads up!! I’ll definitely take this into consideration!

What was the process like for you working directly with the company? I’m assuming you went through Tina? Quick responses/turnaround? I’ve heard they’re slow for GBs but quicker for individual orders.

Also, I have some repeating logos in the background of the inlay. How do you think that will translate as it’s being printed so small?

Thanks for the heads up!! I’ll definitely take this into consideration!

What was the process like for you working directly with the company? I’m assuming you went through Tina? Quick responses/turnaround? I’ve heard they’re slow for GBs but quicker for individual orders.

Also, I have some repeating logos in the background of the inlay. How do you think that will translate as it’s being printed so small?

My chips were from the new manufacturer/dealer/representative Anita. The turnaround was shockingly fast. I submitted my design to the group by host and within 24-48hrs there were samples available to view with a little video. You can see a sample picture in my preview post which helped me decide on a grey $20 over yellow because of colour repetition with the $1000 chip. Once the samples were accepted and payment was made the chips were being shipped within a week. For me from design submission/payment to chips at my door was ~3months, with chips shipped to the USA then to Canada. I participated in a group buy with the ordering and financials handled by one member here and shipping receipt and reshipping another to reach critical volume of I think 30k+ chips in that order. Overall the whole cards mold group buy organized by the group I participated with was a fantastic experience.

I got 3575 chips, which is a good number more than I will ever need. The reason for so many were that I had doubts if replacements/addons would ever be possible and I had the thought that at some point I could part out this cards mold set to family while keeping the CPC set with me forever. For now they are all mine :)

The cool part of these cards chips is the design options are very wide open since it is a ceramic print. You can have a large or small inlay, any colour edge spots etc....litterally the rabbit hole of design options.

I do not have a sunfly of Tina's chip to compare with but I am very happy with the Anita's chips. Looking at all of the other chip sets on the cards mold I'd say SunFly chips (US company) definately has a product with the best overall finish and with guaranteed opportunity to get replacements they are a viable option. Second given no other comparison I'd rate Anita's as the company i'd go with again for oversea's options.

here is the link to that group by can/us group buy

And per your logo I'd go with the design on the 5 non denom chip. I think the fine detail would not translate well to a 1" or smaller inlay. Think more highway billboard at 100m.... There are much better advisors on the topic of what the limitations are of the design printers. I suggest looking through other cards mold chip sets to see and compare others designs to get a better idea of just how far you can push the detail on your inlay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom