Interest Cards Mold Group Buy - INTEREST ONLY (3 Viewers)

Would you participate in another Cards Mold Group Buy

• Total voters
Do the stock aces designs from bosco have some sort of tool that one can use to do some mockups / is there another tool that folks recommend?
Adobe Illustrator is going to be your best bet. As the files need to be in .ai format preferably and must be in CMYK color format. Illustrator is currently about $30 per month.

You can utilize Inkscape (a free software) for some mock-up and design work, and can output a .esp format (which the manufacturer can use), but it does not have a way to properly output CMYK (that I am aware of, it is a known issue with the software). If you want to make some minor adjustments to that I would check with the designers on the forum, it should be that much for them to make some minor text changes. There may be someone else who has illustrator who can help you for cheap/free, but you would need to find someone to help with that.

One more question: I searched through the other threads and came across the color wheel below. Are these the only colors available? Just want to have a good idea for when I'm working on the design.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1keKiC9CEWWhUgmaf6IBvUzJDu1b8O6qV/view
No Here are the other colors they 'support' https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...e-for-the-alibaba-seller-cards-mold-gb.61718/

That being said, not all of the colors come out exactly like you see them on your screen, even if you have a properly calibrated monitor. As that is just the way it goes when you go to print different mediums.

Plus it is kind of a known thing that the manufacturer sometimes adjusts colors on the final chip to simplify the color palette. So you best bet is to try and use the same colors in your design so the chance of them adjusting/changing colors on you is minimized.

I'm really considering getting in on this group buy. If I do, it will be for a cash set probably with the following breakdown: 100 fracs, 200 $1s, 300 $5s, 100 $25s, 50 $100s (750 chips total). It really depends on if I can get a design together on time.

A couple questions: 1) Are these regular ceramics or are they some sort of hybrid? 2) I'm assuming that I can get whatever image and edge spots I want on these, correct?
Found it! https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-artwork-group-buy-us-can-cards-mold.58260/

No Here are the other colors they 'support' https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...e-for-the-alibaba-seller-cards-mold-gb.61718/

That being said, not all of the colors come out exactly like you see them on your screen, even if you have a properly calibrated monitor. As that is just the way it goes when you go to print different mediums.

Plus it is kind of a known thing that the manufacturer sometimes adjusts colors on the final chip to simplify the color palette. So you best bet is to try and use the same colors in your design so the chance of them adjusting/changing colors on you is minimized.
Okay, just to be clear then - these are the available colors (according to the link you just posted):

1624465369461.png

Okay, just to be clear then - these are the available colors (according to the link you just posted):

View attachment 725271
Uh thats not what I got from there originally. There where a whole bunch more, sorry I didnt check the link before I posted it today. When I pulled it a few weeks ago it was a zip file with hundreds of colors. I'll check with the OP and see what happened.

Uh thats not what I got from there originally. There where a whole bunch more, sorry I didnt check the link before I posted it today. When I pulled it a few weeks ago it was a zip file with hundreds of colors. I'll check with the OP and see what happened.
Yeah, OP link was changed. Thanks for the help by the way. I appreciate it. I just want to know what colors are available obviously.

Yeah, OP link was changed. Thanks for the help by the way. I appreciate it. I just want to know what colors are available obviously.
There are quite a few when I was running through my initial list (which was like 30 or so) I found them all. Then I narrowed down from there to 16-18.

There are quite a few when I was running through my initial list (which was like 30 or so) I found them all. Then I narrowed down from there to 16-18.
It would be great if someone could post them in this thread as the two charts I've posted here are the only ones I could find in the other threads and apparently neither of them is the correct one.

In for 1,400 in the US. No preference on vendor, need to read up on what people have said about them.
Hm, certainly going to get a ceramic tournament set and hopefully working with someone on here for a Bellagio tribute set that I would share the designs for with anyone but trying to figure out if these are the chips for me to get these on.

I’ve read all the Tina vs Anita things, but are there any posts someone can point me to on these vs something like Sunfly? I have a sample set of Matsui Raddisons that I really like, but from what I’ve been reading these aren’t that.

It would be great if someone could post them in this thread as the two charts I've posted here are the only ones I could find in the other threads and apparently neither of them is the correct one.
Here is a link to the charts that were originally posted by @Kid_Eastwood (this post: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...e-for-the-alibaba-seller-cards-mold-gb.61718/)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HbzLVH5aznUFJUihsR3wsCwZtMlxZ7k-/view?usp=sharing

Again what I said also goes from here. These charts are the colors the supposedely support but

So Caveat Emptor

What’s the ship time complete to the USA?
I’d prefer to see quality than price.
Aligned edges an option?

I’d be in for 2500 chips

and I’d be willing to reship for conus.

Aligned edges an option?

I’d be in for 2500 chips

Actual shipping freight runs 30-40 days from factory to recipient, including typical Customs delays.

I ordered last August, and hopefully my chips (reshipped by recipient) will arrive this week.

Aligned edges included in price.

Just received my batch 4 chips today from Sean’s group buy. I must say that these are better than I thought they would be. I ordered my batch 4 as a gift. Interested in 800 cash chips and would like to piggyback off of a design if anyone is sharing. Thanks

Aligned edges an option?

I’d be in for 2500 chips

From now until you have the chips in hand, it will be at least 6 months, but under a year.

Here's a comparison of the two vendors: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-mold-ceramic-chip-comparisons.72320/

Yes, aligned edges are an option, but they aren't always perfectly aligned. I believe Anita aligns them better than Tina does.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong link, I've fixed it

Last edited:
Actual shipping freight runs 30-40 days from factory to recipient, including typical Customs delays.

I ordered last August, and hopefully my chips (reshipped by recipient) will arrive this week.

Aligned edges included in price.
Just checked my tracking number. Mine from batch #4 are supposed to be here today!

So Dave, has anything come of your thoughts on doing a custom mold?

F’ing hell! Nearly a year to get them?!

And others went directly to the source, and got them sooner for a smaller order for how much? $.10 more a chip? $.20?

IDK if I can wait a year. That’s crazy.
I wonder if something happened in 2020 that would have caused a delay..... hmmm...... you know.... like a world event.........

Crap... can't think of a thing that could cause issues with international shipping or a reduction of workers on a production floor.

SHRUG.gif

I wonder if something happened in 2020 that would have caused a delay..... hmmm...... you know.... like a world event.........

Crap... can't think of a thing that could cause issues with international shipping or a reduction of workers on a production floor.

Saucy! Point taken.

Typically then, what are the lead-times?

Quick question regarding these templates - can any colour be used or only the ones in the colour wheels at the bottom? (I don’t have Adobe illustrator to test this myself)

Here is a link to the charts that were originally posted by @Kid_Eastwood (this post: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...e-for-the-alibaba-seller-cards-mold-gb.61718/)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HbzLVH5aznUFJUihsR3wsCwZtMlxZ7k-/view?usp=sharing

Again what I said also goes from here. These charts are the colors the supposedely support but

So Caveat Emptor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom