Interest Cards Mold Group Buy - INTEREST ONLY (1 Viewer)

Would you participate in another Cards Mold Group Buy

• Total voters
I may be interested in a small add-on if Anita is the manufacturer
25-25,000 chips on the cards mold (I have a edgespot/inlay just need to have it made into an AI file)
25-small blind button 43mm (I have a edgespot/inlay just need to have it made into an AI file)
25-big blind button 43mm (I have a edgespot/inlay just need to have it made into an AI file)
25-kill buttons 43mm (I have a edgespot/inlay just need to have it made into an AI file)
25-Reserved button 43mm (Open to ideas on this one)
(thinking and resisting the idea of an add-on to any of the existing chips in my set already)

I would like some help making the designs a reality please pm me....I had thought of other options but I think cards mold chips would be the best bang for my buck on these.

View attachment 721822

This is true....

The second part of that story is that the end recipient in Canada will receive a shipping customs invoice from Fedex to pay the customs and duties at the border. The 3575 chips sent for ~150 also had a ~200 customs fee from the tyranny that rules. Still this is likely the cheapest option for large orders.

Driving across the border is risky on larger amounts of poker chips for curious bored border guards that will likely grill you.

Damn! Didn't realize you got hit that hard on customs. That sucks

Is it fair to say at 10k+ chips the total cost, including reshipping, should be ~40c per chip?

Yes this is very realistic.
Damn! Didn't realize you got hit that hard on customs. That sucks
I think it would be about the same with all of the shippers just one way or another. Overall Fedex is likely the cheapest still. I have been hit with customs on USPS also. The savings on shipping are offset with slightly higher customs that likely would have been charged on say USPS probably balances out in the end within a few bucks.

Last edited:
I'll be making a rather large order. I want to carry 2 stock designs of chips, probably a WSOP tribute and another set that's on the Aria chip colors, but with a more generic inlay for resale purposes. I think probably about 5,000 - 8,000 of each.

Would it be possible to have my portion shipped separately? I doubt anyone who is organizing this wants to reship 10-16k chips to me. I could likely arrange my own pick up with my logistics carrier. If it doesn't work out, then I can bow out and figure out my own purchase directly. My order would probably be big enough as a standalone order and get the discounts. Although, any discounts for 30k+ chip order?

If anyone want to piggy back into Canada with me, I'm happy to oblige however it might not be the best option since I'm doing this through my business, so any resale/distribution would be subject to taxes.
This will be the way for me!

I'm in Tony! I'll pay taxes. It ends up the same with all the reship im sure. For me, being local, it's a no-brainer!

I also have my own customs brokers who could probably get the best rate rather than whatever DHL/UPS/FEDEX charge, not to mention their "handling fees".

I'd be in for 500-600. I think it's worth the extra $ to go with the better quality chip so...Tina?

I'm indifferent as to how they are shipped. Whichever is more affordable and prevents any duty/customs/brokerage fees. Last time USPS charged me nothing for bringing these in.

Yes this is very realistic.

I think it would be about the same with all of the shippers just one way or another. Overall Fedex is likely the cheapest still. I have been hit with customs on USPS also. The savings on shipping are offset with slightly higher customs that likely would have been charged on say USPS probably balances out in the end within a few bucks.
That is my experience as well. I have had to pay sales taxes on every chip order I've received from the US via USPS. That's just life. Using a US-based shipper vs a Canada based reshipper would likely be a wash in that respect.

If anyone want to piggy back into Canada with me, I'm happy to oblige however it might not be the best option since I'm doing this through my business, so any resale/distribution would be subject to taxes.

I would like to be on board as well. Just have to figure out the numbers (rough guess is 1800-2000 chips at the moment).

We talked about doing this for the last group buy, I live about 90 minutes from the border. But the borders weren't open by the time the chips arrived. Also, I think we determined that there was not much value in bringing the chips to Canada to have a Canadian do the reshipping. I believe the cost to ship 600 chips from US to Canada is almost the same as shipping from a Canada address to a Canada address.......I think.
We also talked about how it would look crossing the border with thousands of chips wrapped with the mention 'Made in China' everywhere...

In for 500 Aria chips. Maybe more if I do a custom set. But 500 for now

I'll be making a rather large order. I want to carry 2 stock designs of chips, probably a WSOP tribute and another set that's on the Aria chip colors, but with a more generic inlay for resale purposes. I think probably about 5,000 - 8,000 of each.

Would it be possible to have my portion shipped separately? I doubt anyone who is organizing this wants to reship 10-16k chips to me. I could likely arrange my own pick up with my logistics carrier. If it doesn't work out, then I can bow out and figure out my own purchase directly. My order would probably be big enough as a standalone order and get the discounts. Although, any discounts for 30k+ chip order?

Like RIO ‘05 or ‘06???

I’m Interesting Tony
Any idea for the Design?

In for 500 Aria chips. Maybe more if I do a custom set. But 500 for now
I think there will be a separate Aria-only group buy starting shortly. That might be quicker/easier as it'll only be one design. Nothing to stop you in this GB though (assuming you have the artwork)!

Just to keep everyone updated, I reached out to Tina, and it looks like prices may have gone up slightly.
  • 8000-10,000 units: 32c USD/per
  • 10,000+ units: 30c USD/per
Tina also confirmed that even just in terms of freight costs it's much cheaper to ship to the CONUS than to Canada

Interested in a Canada GB, understanding there likely aren't enough.

USA reship adds way too much extra cost, but YMMV. From my experience in the previous SeanGecko GB, it added $25% to my bottom line cost. I'd rather pay slightly more and have chips arrive at my door. I hated being made to wait for re-shipping. Domestic shipping in Canada is expensive, sure, but it's still gonna be way faster to receive from the time the chips are produced and shipped than using USA reship. This added like 2 months of waiting, just to save a few bucks. Mehhhhh...Just my own experience of course.

Still though... great chips.

1000+ maybe even 1500 or so.

My experience, it added 39% to the cost.

Domestic shipping in Canada is expensive only compared to domestic US shipping. But that's not a useful comparison because it's not of practical concern.

US shipping to destinations outside of the US is ridiculous.

It cost me $135 USD to have have 1200 chips shipped up to Canada. I had 1400 chips shipped domestically from the other side of Canada for $55 CAD. Which is like $44 USD.

And as noted, there was an additional lengthy wait to receive the chips.

At the very worst, the cost would be a wash if there was a Canadian GB shipped directly to Canada and it would be much faster.

I'd wager it would actually cost less. But depends on if the ship cost of China to Canada vs China to US is significantly different.

I'd wager it would actually cost less. But depends on if the ship cost of China to Canada vs China to US is significantly different.
As well, if some of us were to piggyback with TChan, we can save even further. Similarly to how Tony was able to order Matsui racks. Even after taxes and customs fees, price of each rack was very good. Tony can use his own shipping methods I believe.

I'm hoping to hear back from Tchan and see if I can sneak an order in.

FWIW you have more leverage negotiating with Tina if you go straight to production and don’t run samples and reruns. The review of samples and then reprinting of samples etc. is time consuming and they try to avoid that.

Just to keep everyone updated, I reached out to Tina, and it looks like prices may have gone up slightly.
  • 8000-10,000 units: 32c USD/per
  • 10,000+ units: 30c USD/per
Tina also confirmed that even just in terms of freight costs it's much cheaper to ship to the CONUS than to Canada

Freight costs to the US work out to just about 0.03/chip once you get past 10k in chips.
So 33c + reshipping, which I’m guessing brings us to 40-42c

I'd be in for about 2300 chips, if we used Tina and shipped to the US.
My artwork is ready to go.

Just as an FYI, I was part of a GB that started with Anita that ended up getting cancelled. Had some issues with printing and colors that never got resolved.

Hate to be that guy, but has anyone in the US agreed to be the receiver/reshipper for all these chips yet? If not…

I think @SeanGecko might be available for another GB soon
(Just kidding, bud)

If re-shipped in US and possible to split among types:

500 cards mold
700 no mold minimum probably more

Artwork ready to go

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom