Interest Cards Mold Group Buy - INTEREST ONLY (2 Viewers)

Would you participate in another Cards Mold Group Buy

• Total voters
Hmmmmm... that has me thinking. For a big group buy like NCC or Aria it wouldn't be hard to put one together that everyone could agree upon. We just need numbers 1 through 10, right?

How's this sound? Start with the 5K chip. There are no blue chips in the Aria's lineup, so change the base color to the blue, then use red and white edge spots. Change "Tournament" to "Seating Token." Maybe reduce the size of the "Aria's" text so there is more room for a big as possible seat number. Could even put "No cash value" in and arc around the bottom to clear up some more room. Then make 10 of them, one with each number.

View attachment 737295

Even if you're not using the Aria's chips, it would still be a cool thing to have. Could even leave off the Aria's text completely.

Edit: Correction, there is a blue chip in the cash lineup. But it's a different shade with different edge spot colors and orientation.
Yes, I was actually thinking that this would be the one design that you could get 25 people to agree on. Even do it on the existing 43mm mold that Tina already has. Some people might want enough for two tables, so they would Say table 1, seat 1, etc.

$7 for a set of 20 seating chips? How could you say no?

Yes, I was actually thinking that this would be the one design that you could get 25 people to agree on. Even do it on the existing 43mm mold that Tina already has. Some people might want enough for two tables, so they would Say table 1, seat 1, etc.

$7 for a set of 20 seating chips? How could you say no?
NO

I'm surprised nobody has done any cards mold seating chips yet. I guess it's difficult because you would have to get 25 people to agree on the same chip design.

I did a seating chip order in the last small Canadian group buy, but it was on their blank 43mm, not cards mold. Now I have 20 extra sets of seating chips sitting in my basement :LOL: :laugh:

I did a seating chip order in the last small Canadian group buy, but it was on their blank 43mm, not cards mold. Now I have 20 extra sets of seating chips sitting in my basement :LOL: :laugh:
What do they look like? Are they super specific to your custom set? I think that's really the issue. Make them generic enough that anyone could use them with any set, and I suspect getting 25 people to go in on them would be pretty easy. Make them super personal, and you've got enough to run a 25 table tournament!!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

What do they look like? Are they super specific to your custom set? I think that's really the issue. Make them generic enough that anyone could use them with any set, and I suspect getting 25 people to go in on them would be pretty easy. Make them super personal, and you've got enough to run a 25 table tournament!!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Yep, hard to get a lot of interest in this one:cool
IMG_20210716_225618.jpg

Yep, hard to get a lot of interest in this one:coolView attachment 737536
Oh yeah, I remember those. I think they are cool as hell! Have you tried to sell them? I mean, yeah, they are definitely specific to your set, but there might be enough novelty interest even to those who don't have "toilet" chips. LOL.

Oh yeah, I remember those. I think they are cool as hell! Have you tried to sell them? I mean, yeah, they are definitely specific to your set, but there might be enough novelty interest even to those who don't have "toilet" chips. LOL.
I did try to get interest during the group buy, I think one member got two sets out of the 25 I ordered. I did a giveaway contest a few months ago, And I've gifted a few more since then. I want to keep 5, so I probably have 15 spares at this point. If you want any send me a PM, I'd be happy to send you a set or more

How much to artists charge for doing a design for you?

Last edited:
In my small GB that is about to ship next week there was a mistake at the factory and they made a crazy amount of extra Starlite 500s. By any chance does anyone have any need for cards mold Starlite 500s?

D8657E28-7B46-4188-99FE-83FE98C4C698.jpeg

In my small GB that is about to ship next week there was a mistake at the factory and they made a crazy amount of extra Starlite 500s. By any chance does anyone have any need for cards mold Starlite 500s?

View attachment 737718
New members (and some old ones) who have never handled cards mold are always looking for sample sets and shuffle stacks. This would be a great opportunity for them.

Hmmmmm... that has me thinking. For a big group buy like NCC or Aria it wouldn't be hard to put one together that everyone could agree upon. We just need numbers 1 through 10, right?

How's this sound? Start with the 5K chip. There are no blue chips in the Aria's lineup, so change the base color to the blue, then use red and white edge spots. Change "Tournament" to "Seating Token." Maybe reduce the size of the "Aria's" text so there is more room for a big as possible seat number. Could even put "No cash value" in and arc around the bottom to clear up some more room. Then make 10 of them, one with each number.

View attachment 737295

Even if you're not using the Aria's chips, it would still be a cool thing to have. Could even leave off the Aria's text completely.

Edit: Correction, there is a blue chip in the cash lineup. But it's a different shade with different edge spot colors and orientation.

I'm in for some Aria seating chips. Don't really care very much about the design, just don't want them to be too similar to the tournament set.

I'll suggest a spot combo that won't be used for the Aria's. Like quarter pie or something. Use a spot color that stands out so they don't 'accidentally' get mixed in with the 5K stacks (or others).

I decided to make Rocket Raccoon my frac and add a $10 denom for Captain America. I know a lot of denoms but the more the merrier in eyes. Also of note, the inlay pics are just place holders. Haven't decided if I should do a solid background or an environmental background. Those who have sets already could maybe guide me in this regard. How detailed can the print come out on the chips?

Other than that, let me know what you think? Colors are also place holder. Just used what was available on the design tool. Would let designer use their best judgment on color matching. Getting very excited about the these!
View attachment 735958View attachment 735959View attachment 735960View attachment 735961View attachment 735962View attachment 735963View attachment 735964
Very cool! I think the colors look great. I’m leaning more towards the non quarter pie hulk, but like them both.

For the images, are you confident there will be enough detail? I haven’t been watching the completed sets but would see if anyone had inlays with a lot of detail. Maybe consider just the characters heads, or logos, etc. Or if the full character then maybe the simplest image - less shading etc

Very cool! I think the colors look great. I’m leaning more towards the non quarter pie hulk, but like them both.

For the images, are you confident there will be enough detail? I haven’t been watching the completed sets but would see if anyone had inlays with a lot of detail. Maybe consider just the characters heads, or logos, etc. Or if the full character then maybe the simplest image - less shading etc
@thynob68 My inlay art is pretty detailed. This will give you an idea what you can expect on a cards mold chip from Tina's company.

First, here is my logo art on a 60mm DB made by BR Pro Poker. Pretty decent amount of detail. Very pleased!

20210719_170901.jpg

Now here is the same art on a cards mold chip. I believe space for the inlay art size is 24mm on the 39mm chip.

Would I like it to be better? Sure. But I'm still happy and I can tell what is printed on the chip. The images in the background aren't supposed to be front and center. They were designed to be background. And they are shrunk by at least double compared to the DB.

20210719_170928.jpg

I did try to get interest during the group buy, I think one member got two sets out of the 25 I ordered. I did a giveaway contest a few months ago, And I've gifted a few more since then. I want to keep 5, so I probably have 15 spares at this point. If you want any send me a PM, I'd be happy to send you a set or more
I’ll take some poop chips…are they only numbered 1-10?

Thanks for you input! Still torn between the two Hulks that's why I added the other at the end and was gonna ask for opinions on that as well but totally forgot to mention it in the post lol. Glad you noticed!

As for the inlay, I've been looking around and was thinking maybe can do a cropped comic book scene without it being too blurry or washed together. In reference to @TX_Golf_N_Poker 's set, I agree that all that really matters is that you can tell what it is. And am hoping that will be the case if I go that route. But still definitely not certain. That's where I was hoping to get some experienced opinions on the matter. If not, I agree with you the simpler the image the better. The ones I chose were all on the less detailed side for that reason just in case it would be an issue. Well except for maybe Rocket Raccoon... But yes this is the dilemma I'm currently facing and can't decide on. :sneaky:

Maybe whoever is in contact with the rep from the manufacturer could ask just how detailed of an image they are capable of?

Thanks for you input! Still torn between the two Hulks that's why I added the other at the end and was gonna ask for opinions on that as well but totally forgot to mention it in the post lol. Glad you noticed!

As for the inlay, I've been looking around and was thinking maybe can do a cropped comic book scene without it being too blurry or washed together. In reference to @TX_Golf_N_Poker 's set, I agree that all that really matters is that you can tell what it is. And am hoping that will be the case if I go that route. But still definitely not certain. That's where I was hoping to get some experienced opinions on the matter. If not, I agree with you the simpler the image the better. The ones I chose were all on the less detailed side for that reason just in case it would be an issue. Well except for maybe Rocket Raccoon... But yes this is the dilemma I'm currently facing and can't decide on. :sneaky:

Maybe whoever is in contact with the rep from the manufacturer could ask just how detailed of an image they are capable of?
You want your original artwork to be as high a quality as possible. Preferably scalable. I suspect that the lower quality you give them, the lower quality the result will be.

You want your original artwork to be as high a quality as possible. Preferably scalable. I suspect that the lower quality you give them, the lower quality the result will be.
Yeah the scalable point is a good one, they seem to work best with vector images. That’s why the shading on those characters worries me.

The good thing is they do test prints, they won’t physically send them but they’ll send a picture of your chip. Maybe have two designs, in case those don’t turn out well

Is this just for the aria group buy or for any design?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom